Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax reps at Henrys stores across Canada

Hi,

I just noticed that Pentax reps will be at several Henrys stores across Canada, including my hometown of Halifax. Details below.

Pentax Sales Reps In-Store

Representatives from Pentax will be in several store locationsto answer your questions, discuss new products and features, and help you to find the perfect Pentax camera for you! See below for times and locations:

Friday November 30thSaturday December 1st

11-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Interesting choice of locations with some big metro areas missing (Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary...). I would've liked to see them come through Ottawa too - if they have demos to test the IIs, but I guess I'll do it some other time. Have fun for those that can make it to a town on the list .
11-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by skism Quote
Hi,

I just noticed that Pentax reps will be at several Henrys stores across Canada, including my hometown of Halifax. Details below.

Pentax Sales Reps In-Store

Representatives from Pentax will be in several store locationsto answer your questions, discuss new products and features, and help you to find the perfect Pentax camera for you! See below for times and locations:

Friday November 30thSaturday December 1st
Gee! Halifax is on the map...? I thought nothing ever happened here... thanks Henry's
11-29-2012, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rnovo Quote
Gee! Halifax is on the map...? I thought nothing ever happened here... thanks Henry's
Hali..what now? Isn't that someplace in Afghanistan?

11-29-2012, 08:03 PM - 2 Likes   #5
mee
Veteran Member

Upon reading this, I was actually more shocked Pentax has representatives!
11-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VTerlakyPhoto Quote
Interesting choice of locations with some big metro areas missing (Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary...). I would've liked to see them come through Ottawa too - if they have demos to test the IIs, but I guess I'll do it some other time. Have fun for those that can make it to a town on the list .
I remember when we used to see a Pentax rep in Yellowknife regularly...
11-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Henry do not have store in Montreal, Vancouver or Calgary. This ia a an event with Henry's retail store

11-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #8

This is encouraging and I appreciate it as a Pentax user. If I can I will try to make it out to one of the Toronto area locations
11-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Henry do not have store in Montreal, Vancouver or Calgary. This ia a an event with Henry's retail store
My bad, I had always assumed they are all across Canada.
11-30-2012, 05:04 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isn't a Halifax pier where the last of Barrett's Privateers ended up? Too bad Henry's isn't in Thunder Bay.

Last edited by Checking...jono; 11-30-2012 at 05:12 AM. Reason: add to message
11-30-2012, 05:33 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Maybe they will rotate the reps through the rest of the province/country at a future date.

It would be nice to have them here at Henry's in Waterloo.

Personally, I'd rather have a root canal than drive into Toronto.

Tom G
11-30-2012, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Checking...jono Quote
Isn't a Halifax pier where the last of Barrett's Privateers ended up? Too bad Henry's isn't in Thunder Bay.
"Godamn them all, I was told, we'd cruise the seas for photography gold, we'd fire no shutters, shed no tears...now I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier...the last of Pentax Marketeers."

(Perhaps only Canadians will get this reference, but couldn't resist.)
11-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skism, I am just south of the border, but I speak Canadian. Stan Rogers would have laughed at your lyrics. What a voice/singer/storyteller he was!
11-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Maybe they will rotate the reps through the rest of the province/country at a future date.

It would be nice to have them here at Henry's in Waterloo.

Personally, I'd rather have a root canal than drive into Toronto.

Tom G
Come on now it's not that bad. I had to go down to sign some papers a while ago Went down signed the papers, and drove home... I couldn't get out fast enough. And I lived there for 20 years. But a root canal? It does have it's advantages, it's over faster, but Toronto is more irritating than painful.

I talked to the Pentax Reps at EXPOsure, while I liked trying out the lenses, they had the 16-50, 15 ltd, and 31 ltd there, but I'm not sure apart from that if was cool or not. Kind of like talking to a sales rep who happens to sell Pentax. I'm not sure I'm a fan of talking to any sales reps for anything. Now if they would have given me some free stuff it would have been better. Isn't that what sales reps are supposed to do?

They did let me play with the 645D but that is so far away from my budget, it was like handling the Queen's jewels, you write and tell everyone you got to touch them.

A little lens cleaning both with the Pentax logo on it or a teeny tiny little case to strap an extra memory card on my camera strap with the Pentax logo. Free stuff. That's what people want from sales reps.

Last edited by normhead; 11-30-2012 at 08:27 AM.
11-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
it was like handling the Queen's jewels, you write and tell everyone you got to touch them.
Is there something about the Queen we should know? Sorry, I've got a twisted mind.