Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Maybe they will rotate the reps through the rest of the province/country at a future date.

It would be nice to have them here at Henry's in Waterloo.

Personally, I'd rather have a root canal than drive into Toronto.

Tom G
QuoteOriginally posted by Checking...jono Quote
Is there something about the Queen we should know? Sorry, I've got a twisted mind.
Ya, she has jewels.

11-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skism Quote
Hi,

I just noticed that Pentax reps will be at several Henrys stores across Canada, including my hometown of Halifax. Details below.

Pentax Sales Reps In-Store

Representatives from Pentax will be in several store locationsto answer your questions, discuss new products and features, and help you to find the perfect Pentax camera for you! See below for times and locations:

Friday November 30thSaturday December 1st
Is this posted anywhere else online? I'd like to know if they are coming to the St. John's store.

Strange to hear of so many Henry's stores. For decades the only one was the one that is presumably still at the corner of Queen Street and Church Street in T.O. Despite the high prices and sale people's condescending attitude toward Pentax I still bought a few things there.
11-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
Is this posted anywhere else online? I'd like to know if they are coming to the St. John's store.

Strange to hear of so many Henry's stores. For decades the only one was the one that is presumably still at the corner of Queen Street and Church Street in T.O. Despite the high prices and sale people's condescending attitude toward Pentax I still bought a few things there.
I saw it on the Henrys website...not sure if it's anywhere else.

I bought my Pentax from them because I like to support brick and mortar stores, but have complained to my local store about how they almost hide the Pentax products instead of displaying them. For months they had no K-30 on display, you had to ask to see it and they seemed almost annoyed! I told them that it is a potential big seller and they are only hurting themselves. One sales person did conceed that he thought it was the best deal out there in DSLR world.
11-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #19

Here is what they emailed me...this is the web version link:

Henry's eNewsletter

11-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I agree that henrys has been very absent in promoting pentax as a brand. I know for my local store they only have a demo model on hand and they have to order it if you want one. As for lenses i had to wait for my 35 2.4 they normally do not carry any. They only have a da 18-135 and the 55-300 on hand everything else is ordered. As for dispaying the, they are in the corner of the store and unless you ask for it they actively try to sell the nikons and canons.

But with that said im glad to see that pentax reps will be visiting some stores even though it is not one of mine.
11-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #21
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by epqwerty Quote
I agree that henrys has been very absent in promoting pentax as a brand. I know for my local store they only have a demo model on hand and they have to order it if you want one. As for lenses i had to wait for my 35 2.4 they normally do not carry any. They only have a da 18-135 and the 55-300 on hand everything else is ordered. As for dispaying the, they are in the corner of the store and unless you ask for it they actively try to sell the nikons and canons.

But with that said im glad to see that pentax reps will be visiting some stores even though it is not one of mine.
OK guys, lets get serious...

My experience with my K5IIs is way better than this thread... See my other comments on how we can turn out magical images like I never saw before.
We should concentrate on that and show what this machine can do...
K5IIs,boy...!
11-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Too bad, no Ottawa. There are 3 Henrys stores here.

11-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #23

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I popped into the store in Winnipeg and spoke to the rep. I mentioned that while I was very happy with my K-r and the additional new lenses I have bought 55-300, 35 f2.4, fisheye 10-17 and 50 f1.8 I would be happier if more lenses were stocked in stores as opposed to having to order them in. Sometimes waiting really sucks. I also mentioned how disappointing it is to go out as part of a group and have the stores be able lend out Canon and Nikon glass and be apologized to that there is no Pentax glass to try. He seemed really surprised that the other two were happy to have their stuff out there. I said if I can try it then I could be sold on it's merits. How can I know I need something if I don't know whyI need it ?
12-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rnovo Quote
Gee! Halifax is on the map...? I thought nothing ever happened here... thanks Henry's
And where's Newfoundland in all of this, you know, the odd man out on the timezone scale
Don't they know I count as everybody. ie. everybody knows... everybody wants... everybody and everything

Aside from that, I wonder if they've been trained to handle the proverbial FF questions?
If they did come, I think I'd bring it up just to see what happens.

Last edited by JohnBee; 12-01-2012 at 05:57 AM.
12-01-2012, 04:01 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
You mean to tell me there are TWO Henry's stores in Newfoundland?
12-01-2012, 05:45 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Big special at Henry's for the K-5 with the DA 18-135 for $999
This is a graet deal
PENTAX K-5 D-SLR W/18-135 WR (BLACK) 14776
12-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #27

There are Pentax reps in Jessops stores across London (UK) today, too. I posted my experience in the Dear Pentax thread but ill put it here too.

Next time you organise to have some sales reps visit a store to promote your products, make sure they know what theyre talking about.

I went to my local Jessops today to buy a K30. There happened to be a Pentax rep in store. "Great!" i thought, as i had a few questions about the camera, namely using manual legacy lenses. I had my M 50mm with me. The guy put it on the camera and went to press the shutter. It didnt work. He then told me the older lenses dont work on the new DSLRs.

Ummmm.....i took the camera from him and set Aperture Ring to enabled in the menu. Working. Ok.

I then asked him how the K30 applies exposure metering when using the old lenses. He didnt know what i meant by exposure metering.

I then asked him about focus peaking and manual glass. He didnt know what Focus Peaking was. I again enabled it in the settings and he was impressed. Wow.

I ended up showing HIM how to use the camera. Embarrassing for everyone.

To add insult to injury, his breathe was putrid. If your job involves talking to people all day, brush your teeth.

Seriously Pentax, i love your gear but you need to pay more attention at the ground level. Who is screening these employees? Why is there no product training? For Pentax to make a bigger splash in the market, you need the sales.

He then kept pushing me about buying. "Are you gonna buy this? When will you buy it? Will it be today? Make sure you come back and buy it here today". Obviously on a commission.

In the end, there was a problem with my bank card so i couldnt buy it anyway. To be honest, im glad i didnt. I dont want to reward such business practices. Maybe ill buy it elsewhere.

Hopefully the Canadian reps know their products.
12-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #28
D0n
Banned

I went to Don's Photo in Winnipeg a few weeks back to talk to the Pentax Rep....
He didn't have any business cards.
He also didn't email me back...
Too bad really, I'm shooting an indie film, have TWO magazine shoots coming up, and all I was asking about was product placement in my film, and price matching in Canada for the k-01 which is going for like $300.00 in the USA...
So no dialogue on those two issues...
Why bother running down to Henry's cameras to talk to the same guy a second time?
is too bad... I asked my buddy to pick up a k-01 for me stateside... he travels lots..
12-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
You mean to tell me there are TWO Henry's stores in Newfoundland?
I only know of the one in St. John's on Stavanger Drive, which is the only one listed on Henry's website. I was referring to Toronto (T.O. = Toronto, Ontario). The store at the corner of Queen and Church streets in Toronto is the original Henry's store and was the sole Henry's store for decades (and the one I intially shopped at when I lived there, then moved to Mississauga and shopped at the Henry's store there).

Last edited by pete-tarmigan; 12-01-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: omission
12-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by curlednoodles Quote
Hopefully the Canadian reps know their products.
The Pentax rep I met in Mississauga at Just Cameras knew his stuff, even after Pentax Canada terminated all the reps and hired them as contractors. Pentax Canada needs to spend money on all kinds of marketing. Oh well, at least they updated their website.