Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Dallas/Ft Worth photo expo

I hope this is the right forum to post this, my apology in advance.

With all the news about Pentax rehiring reps and marketing their products better, just wanted to let everyone know they have a booth at the D/FW photo expo in Arlington convention center and yes the booth was very busy, the rep was extremely nice and I got my hands on the 645D and the K5II.

Just wanted to spread the news, it's awesome to see Pentax growing.

Allen

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SPH-L710  Photo 
12-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The booth looks swamped! Wow, lots of interest in Pentax! Glad to see them putting up booths at various events, almost seems like they are trying again......
12-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I really believe they are going to be coming on strong pretty soon, they were handing out the goodies too, saw lots and lots of these red Pentax bags all over the expo.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SPH-L710  Photo 
12-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

They have stepped up their giveaway game that's for sure. I got the d-ring and a black pen (not as nice as that one IMHO) at the K-30 Tour but no bag or coffee travel mug.

12-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I got the d-ring and a black pen (not as nice as that one IMHO) at the K-30 Tour but no bag or coffee travel mug.
Good Pentax tchotchke.
I'll certainly be on the lookout now for similar stuff in my neck of the woods.
12-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I spent some time talking to Jessica, the Pentax rep, who was doing a tremendous job in the face of a huge amount of interest. Perhaps the most interesting thing was she was shocked by the interest level -- she said she's planning to bring extra reps with her next time. A very nice selection of equipment -- besides the 645d and the K5II, she had a bunch of other K mount gear, a Q, a Q10 and an interesting selection of lenses. I took this pic of her with my Q and the Zoom 2 she let me try; she was then taking pictures of my Q because I had mounted an adapter and a Pentax 110 70mm.

She's the rep for this area; here's the really good news. The sponsor -- Arlington Camera -- was there selling gear, and they were well stocked with Pentax, including the K5II and K5IIs. Canon had a bigger booth and more stuff, but Pentax's booth was way better than Nikon's -- looked like a guy or two behind an almost empty table (what was up with that?) -- and at least as good as Sony and Panasonic, with way more interest than either. I was there before noon on the first day, and she'd already run out of the bags, though I did score that neat coffee travel mug and my daughter got a water bottle.

All in all, a nice showing by Pentax.

cjf
Attached Images

Last edited by cjfeola; 12-03-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: clarity
12-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cjfeola Quote
I spent some time talking to Jessica, the Pentax rep, who was doing a tremendous job in the face of a huge amount of interest. Perhaps the most interesting thing was she was shocked by the interest level -- she said she's planning to bring extra reps with her next time. A very nice selection of equipment -- besides the 645d and the K5II, she had a bunch of other K mount gear, a Q, a Q10 and an interesting selection of lenses. I took this pic of her with my Q and the Zoom 2 she let me try; she was then taking pictures of my Q because I had mounted an adapter and a Pentax 110 70mm.

She's the rep for this area; here's the really good news. The sponsor -- Arlington Camera -- was there selling gear, and they were well stocked with Pentax, including the K5II and K5IIs. Canon had a bigger booth and more stuff, but Pentax's booth was way better than Nikon's -- looked like a guy or two behind an almost empty table (what was up with that?) -- and at least as good as Sony and Panasonic, with way more interest than either. I was there before noon on the first day, and she'd already run out of the bags, though I did score that neat coffee travel mug and my daughter got a water bottle.

All in all, a nice showing by Pentax.

cjf
Very good to know that there are some good Pentax reps out there in the field. Ken Curry, who said he was out of Chicago, was also a really good guy to chat with and he had the same range of gear when he was in Atlanta a few months back.
12-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Mjm

Got an email reminder. Houston Camera exchange is having an event with a Pentax rep. Looks like Texas is picking up with Pentax stock.

2012-multi-rep-demo-days - Houston Camera Exchange