Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 72 Likes Search this Thread
01-11-2013, 10:34 AM - 2 Likes   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Of note is that at that time we will be very involved in our preparations and movement home from Afghanistan

-Heie
That day cannot come soon enough. From one veteran to another, thank you for your service.

01-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #182

If anyone has a call coming up please ask them to update K5 with manual video thanks

(I must have posted this like 5 times already :P)
01-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I sent in an email a couple of weeks ago, but they haven't asked me for a call yet. *shrug*
01-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #184
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
I sent in an email a couple of weeks ago, but they haven't asked me for a call yet. *shrug*
Please put the DA*135-270mm/f2.8 lens on the wishlist!

01-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #185
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Please put the DA*135-270mm/f2.8 lens on the wishlist!
I had my call today. It was a pleasant talk. They were interested in what I thought they did well and what they needed to do. I mentioned the holes in the lineup (super telephotos, long macro, fast wides, teleconverters). I said I thought they did a great job with their prime lenses, especially the Limited series. He was very interested in if I had a local brick and mortar they could contact. I hope they do.
01-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #186
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by miltona580 Quote
I had my call today. It was a pleasant talk. They were interested in what I thought they did well and what they needed to do. I mentioned the holes in the lineup (super telephotos, long macro, fast wides, teleconverters). I said I thought they did a great job with their prime lenses, especially the Limited series. He was very interested in if I had a local brick and mortar they could contact. I hope they do.
That is nice to give your opinion on the brand. Great!
01-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #187
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That is nice to give your opinion on the brand. Great!
I really mentioned the AFA 1.7 Teleconverter that is still available in Japan, but not in the USA. I hope we can get it over here.

01-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #188
Veteran Member

I really mentioned the AFA 1.7 Teleconverter that is still available in Japan, but not in the USA. I hope we can get it over here.
Thanks, that would be nice. Do you have a local B&M Pentax shop?
01-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #189
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Thanks, that would be nice. Do you have a local B&M Pentax shop?
No. The closest one to me used to carry Pentax many years ago but not now. I do think they were going to give them a call though.
01-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #190
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
:)

QuoteOriginally posted by cscurrier Quote
From their facebook... "PENTAXIANS, let’s chat! Executive vice president of PENTAX, Jim Malcolm, would like to get to know you better. Jim is scheduling one call each day (10-15 minutes each) to speak with you one-on-one. He’s interested in answering your questions, listening to your feedback, and learning from the community. He might even tell a joke or two! If you are interested in setting up time to chat with Jim please send an email to askpentax@prac.pentax.com; include your name and phone number and we’ll contact you to coordinate a time."

I wonder what some of you are going to want to chat about.....
Thank you very much for the offer. This is a very good guide when Pentax interested in the opinion of consumers. I am happy to communicate.
01-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #191

QuoteOriginally posted by yuraphoto Quote
Thank you very much for the offer. This is a very good guide when Pentax interested in the opinion of consumers. I am happy to communicate.
I am happy to communicate but I am not good in English. I am afraid that misundestand will be occure.
01-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #192
Veteran Member

Awesome stuff miltona580! That makes 5 PF members now who have had a chat with the big man!

Now, after my chat, a Pentax employee contacted me and asked for my address. I assumed it was so they could send me some sort of goodie. It's been just about a month since my chat, so I'm kind of half expecting to come home one day and finding a random package from them in my mailbox.

For the other people who had the chat:

- Were you asked for your address?
- If you did give your address, did you receive anything yet?

Just wondering. Free stuff is always fun! But, as awesome as free stuff is, the chat alone was an awesome experience so I wouldn't be upset if nothing came my way, since I wasn't even expecting it in the first place.
01-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #193
Forum Member

No. The closest one to me used to carry Pentax many years ago but not now. I do think they were going to give them a call though.
I am in the Chicago area, and we don't have any Pentax dealers around here anymore.

When I was in Helix a few months ago, they didn't even have anything Pentax in the display cases. Of course, now that Helix is having their "going out of business" sale, they had a total of 2 Pentax lenses in the place. Since the "discounted" price on the 14/2.8 was higher than the posted price at B&H, not too surprising that I didn't buy it.
01-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #194

I had a nice talk with Mr. Malcolm on Monday, basically it seemed like they want to hear what they are doing right and what they could improve on, asked me about the types of stuff I shoot, commented on some of the photos on my website so he apparently took the time to look through them. Doesn't sound like he's been there too long and is still checking things out. I had the lens release button fall off of both of my K-5s and he was unaware that it was a semi-common problem and soon after our talk another higher up at Pentax called and said they would fix both cameras for free since they were out of warranty. I basically told him I loved everything about the K-5 except the high ISO performance since I shoot a lot of low light performance events which he said was something they were definitely working on. I mentioned the full frame that everyone seems to want but I really don't care about, it did not sound like that was much of a priority to them. I also complained about the CRIS service facility being very unresponsive to phone calls and emails and he was planning on going out there next week so hopefully that will improve.
01-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #195
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveshootPentax Quote
I had a nice talk with Mr. Malcolm on Monday, basically it seemed like they want to hear what they are doing right and what they could improve on, asked me about the types of stuff I shoot, commented on some of the photos on my website so he apparently took the time to look through them. Doesn't sound like he's been there too long and is still checking things out. I had the lens release button fall off of both of my K-5s and he was unaware that it was a semi-common problem and soon after our talk another higher up at Pentax called and said they would fix both cameras for free since they were out of warranty. I basically told him I loved everything about the K-5 except the high ISO performance since I shoot a lot of low light performance events which he said was something they were definitely working on. I mentioned the full frame that everyone seems to want but I really don't care about, it did not sound like that was much of a priority to them. I also complained about the CRIS service facility being very unresponsive to phone calls and emails and he was planning on going out there next week so hopefully that will improve.
Excellent. Thanks for sharing the summary.