Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
You should schedule a call with him and see for yourself. He was very matter of fact that they are indeed working on the FF. I didn't mean there was anything secret about my conversation, just that I prefer not to go through all the points that were made like others have done. We spent a good deal of time talking about glass, post processing, his background which included him photographing surgical cases in the operating room, the bay area, etc...varied topics and yes, some talk about the FF project.
Mike,
Given your photo style and you shooting near water a lot, did you talk about WR and more equipment other than bodies with good WR?

01-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #212
Lens Buying Addict

Pentax is and in my experience always has been coy about its plans.
01-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #213
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Mike,
Given your photo style and you shooting near water a lot, did you talk about WR and more equipment other than bodies with good WR?
did not, but even if they re-released all the FA limiteds as WR's, I probably would just keep using my workhorses til they conk out. In my experience, the two lenses that get wet most often are my wides(duh), Sigma 10-20 and DA15. I would probably appreciate WR lenses in those ranges (12-24, ex)
01-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
did not, but even if they re-released all the FA limiteds as WR's, I probably would just keep using my workhorses til they conk out. In my experience, the two lenses that get wet most often are my wides(duh), Sigma 10-20 and DA15. I would probably appreciate WR lenses in those ranges (12-24, ex)
Fair enough, thanks.

01-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #215

I want an orange K5, with a body cap with a hole in it, and a pink 35 mm limited lens on it, and a very, very colorful strap of course.
02-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #216
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
An API for firmware hacks, and active support for developers.
+1

I believe the first manufacture doing this will unleash the power of geeks. Go pentax! what else could you lose doing this
02-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #217
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edzo Quote
I want an orange K5, with a body cap with a hole in it, and a pink 35 mm limited lens on it, and a very, very colorful strap of course.
Time to visit your local hardware store and buy some paint ... then get artistic on your camera ...
02-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #218

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Time to visit your local hardware store and buy some paint ... then get artistic on your camera ...
Then I wish that the K5IIs will be available soon in the Netherlands.
At this moment, there is hardly any in stock at an available price........

I hope to get one within next month, before our trip to Madagascar in April.

02-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #219

PRIAC Customer "Service"....

OKAY. I admit it.
I'm computer challenged, having grown up with an Underwood typewriter and black rotary dial phone.
But I can navigate around my PC fairly well.
I've also had the flu for the past three days, so in my cabin fever I decided this would be the perfect time to upgrade the firmware in my K5IIs.
Tried it about five times; no luck.
Got stuck at Step 3 (above).
Called PRIAC tech support in Denver and got a young man on the phone who seemed eager to assist.
He even said this was the tenth such call he's had today.
(That should have been my first clue).
Well, as we went though the process, I goofed somewhere along the way and he suddenly became abrupt and impatient: "I told you three times NOT to do that" (he told me no such thing, even once.)
He added: "But that's OK, because this is being recorded".

Really?

I responded: "OK - if you can't do this without being rude, transfer me to someone else."

He calmed down to get through the rest of the process, and I hung up thinking: perhaps a little less techie impatience and a little more customer service (read : patience) would go a long way - hopefully the boss will enlighten him when they review the tape.

To paraphrase Consumer Affairs website: "People that have a positive experience with a company's customer service department will likely tell two or three others about their experience, Contrarily, a person who has a bad customer service experience will likely tell between nine and 20 people."
02-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #220

Photos: Albums
Well they are still scheduling calls!! Got my Email yesterday to schedule the call in early March!!

Who's excited.........This guy is!!
02-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #221
Site Supporter

What's the email from address? I haven't gotten mine...
02-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #222
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
What's the email from address? I haven't gotten mine...
Mine came from an individual's address @prac.pentax.com.
02-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #223
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Mine came from an individual's address @prac.pentax.com.
Thanks.

I sent them a note on December 20th and haven't heard back.
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #224
Pentaxian

My interview is tomorrow after three reschedules, and for that alone I great appreciate the patience on behalf of both Mr. Malcolm and his secretary. I sent his secretary the following email:

QuoteQuote:
Ma'am,

Please forward the following document to Mr. Malcolm. I apologize for the formatting being a little off and inconsistent - I did what I could in the 45 min I had to put it all together and quickly research everything on the internet (namely Pentax Forums) after our phone call before I had to return to my guard shift, however I wanted to afford him the opportunity to read ahead what I wished to discuss to help streamline and capitalize the interview since his time is very limited.

I am 100% aware that realistically 30min is not enough time to discuss the entirety of what I have written, and honestly I could go one for 2 hours if Mr. Malcolm's schedule and more importantly, patience, allowed. And then there's the several other things that I would like to discuss with him that I did not get a chance to type up and research.

Thank you.

Very Respectfully,
Alexander
I've attached my Read Ahead (yes, just to be clear, I gave the Executive Vice President of Pentax Ricoh Imaging Company of Americas a homework assignment ) should any of you be curious as what I compiled and what direction I plan wish to take the interview in. Again, apologize for the unprofessional appearance of it - I was incredibly pressed for time and went for a focus on content.

Attached Read Ahead: Pentax Interview Notes.pdf

-Heie
02-26-2013, 09:04 PM - 2 Likes   #225
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I spoke to Jim on Monday. Good call. We spoke for close to an hour.
He liked my stuff and my websites. He did his homework on me.
I didn't disappoint, as I've done a lifetime of homework on Pentax.

He wants to talk again.