Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 72 Likes Search this Thread
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM - 2 Likes   #31
Veteran Member

I'll just ask him one question,

"Do you guys EVER read and follow Pentaxforums? What ever it is, please do so... That's all and thanks for your time.."

12-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LazyPup Quote
Everyone knows that when using your camera on a tripod with a remote shutter release cable or RF shutter release, you should remove the rubber eyecup and attach the little ME Finder Cap to prevent stray light from entering through the eyepiece and fooling the exposure meter. The only problem with that is that removing the eyecup and installing the cap is a PITA ti start with, and in truth, most of us lost that little eyepiece cap within the first week after we got the camera.

Ten or 15 yrs ago Ricoh solved the problem by installing a small lever beside the eyepiece that was attached to an internal shutter. When you wanted to cover the eyepiece you simply flip the lever and the internal shutter closed it off. I do a lot of tripod work and I thought that was one of the best trinkets that was ever put on a camera....Now that Ricoh has bought PENTAX, and understanding that Ricoh already owns the patent, perhaps they might consider adding that little shutter on the Pentax DSLR's..No more removing the rubber eyepiece cover, no more hunting for the eyepiece cap, just flip the switch and its always handy.
Nikon and Canon both have this.
12-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #33

I'd like some Tethering and HSS, FF would be great but Pentax Cameras are awesome even without it. I don't even care about a huge megapixel count.

Though I wouldn't mind some cheaper lenses.(Cost wise not Build wise)
12-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The new executive VP (aka the boss) because the new president is a Japanese Ricoh exec. You should ask what he thinks about the UPP, because at Photokina he did not seem to be aware of it (having been in Japan for a while learning about the company itself).
Pre-UPP sales, Post UPP sales and Black Friday sales should be brought to his attention.

12-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoman1 Quote
can't find that on their facebook page
Same here. I wanted to comment on the post itself.

Maybe they were flooded with emails as soon as they posted it, and so they just took it down to save themselves the hassle.

Or perhaps Pentax/Ricoh lawyers saw the post and said "no way" so the Social Media guy had to delete the post.

It would be cool if the email at least worked, and for someone higher up to just randomly answer a person's email, in the way that Steve Jobs used to do.
12-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by marks Quote
Hello all,
I'm a fairly new Pentaxian, having purchased a K-5 about 7 months ago. I am extremely happy with it! I must admit though, I do have a bit of D800 resolution envy as well as X100 style jealousy. Considering this... I know exactly what I want from Pentax...

Forget FF, I want a digital 6x7,a 6x7D! Give it a retro body, make it huge! Give it a 6 by 7 format 36+ sensor with crop abilities for optional FF or Aps-c format and K-mount adaptor!

Make the camera something special. Well built, a solid performer, with three manual knobs for iso, aperture, and shutter speed. A real analog feel. It can be heavy, It can be impractical, I'll keep my k-5 for everyday use.

This is my dream. Am I alone?
This is already avaliable if you gang up about x9 K01 in a 3x3 array, each with a cheap 50mm lens so that their FOV overlaps the adjacent one by about 25%.
You can then fire off this contraption with IR remote and stitch the o/p with an external program.

Certainly cheaper than any high res scan back and works faster than one too.
More MP than D800 and MFDB too.
12-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #37

Original Poster
Pentax just reposted on their facebook the same deal and they "promise" the email to work this time around! Start emailing!

12-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #38
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok. I'll see what response I get from Jim this time around.
12-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I emailed before lunch. Got this response three hours later:

QuoteQuote:
Ask Pentax <AskPentax@prac.pentax.com>
2:32 PM (5 hours ago)

to Ask
Dear PENTAXIAN,

Thank you very much for your email!

We have been overwhelmed with responses and will begin setting up calls right away!

Due to the number of emails we received it might take us some time to get you scheduled for a call, but please bear with us as we want to get to know you!

We are looking forward to speaking with you!

Thanks,
The PENTAX team
Notice there's no ambiguity about whether or not I get a call. So now I'm expecting to set up a call sometime Although, I'm willing to just chalk it up to some poor wording, as I'm sure they were flooded with hundreds of requests.

I'm reminded of a Simpson's scene where Ringo Starr spends decades replying to every piece of fan mail he's ever received.
12-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #40
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
I emailed before lunch. Got this response three hours later:

Notice there's no ambiguity about whether or not I get a call. So now I'm expecting to set up a call sometime Although, I'm willing to just chalk it up to some poor wording, as I'm sure they were flooded with hundreds of requests.

I'm reminded of a Simpson's scene where Ringo Starr spends decades replying to every piece of fan mail he's ever received.
I sent them an e-mail last night and haven't gotten a response ;-(
12-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #41
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't think I'll get a response given I'm not int the US. But at least there is some action there. To those who do get a response please pass on the common desires to improve on the P-TTL system, develop the FF dSLR with DFA lenses and strengthen their SDM technology to keep their premium lenses from failing so readily.
12-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
I don't think I'll get a response given I'm not int the US. But at least there is some action there. To those who do get a response please pass on the common desires to improve on the P-TTL system, develop the FF dSLR with DFA lenses and strengthen their SDM technology to keep their premium lenses from failing so readily.
I'm not in the US either (shhhhh )

My only concern is that I will be in and out of town for the next couple of weeks because of the holidays. I'm hoping I don't miss any important emails or calls.

Also, if I do get a chance to schedule a call, I'll probably start a thread on the forums and get some ideas as to what to ask.
12-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #43
Veteran Member

All Pentax needs to do to gain feedback is to visit a place with a high concentration of Pentax users and directly interact with users to gain feedback and user insights. Thank you to Mr Shimamoto for your visit to Singapore.

Pentax/Ricoh Year End Gathering - Please share your photos
12-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #44
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Pentax/Ricoh Year End Gathering - Please share your photos
Hey, I recognise a couple of these guys here:

Good stuff. I see Frank's gotten himself the K-5 IIs...
Mr Shimamoto must have come away with some good feedback from his visit.
12-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #45
Veteran Member

I sent them an email talking about how they have no representative companies here in Brazil, and they said that they will schedule a call for me either this Friday or Jan 2, 3 or 4, and asked me to choose a day.
I think i will choose Jan 2, because i will be travelling this friday.
I will keep you guys informed