Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photoman1 Quote
+1
could they un-cripple the k-mount and put the feeler ring back?
Yes. Nikon has aperture couplers on the D7000 and above. Why can't Pentax do the same?

--DragonLord

Last edited by bwDraco; 12-24-2012 at 05:09 PM.
12-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Hey guys!
I will be talking to him this wednesday, do you have any last minute ideas?
Since i'm not a native english speaker, i'm still a bit nervous!
Thanks, and a great new year to you all!
12-31-2012, 03:50 AM   #78
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I might suggest him having a look at this poll here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/209882-next-...oh-pentax.html or at least him being informed if the results of it. It shows what products we're most looking for next.
12-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #79
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GabrielFFontes Quote
Hey guys!
@GabrielFFontes, I would suggest stressing that you have some questions and comments supplied by quite a few online users and that you are not just representing yourself. That might help him get past the idea that he is just chatting with just one teenager with his own opinion. Good luck!

01-01-2013, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bigrex Quote
@GabrielFFontes, I would suggest stressing that you have some questions and comments supplied by quite a few online users and that you are not just representing yourself. That might help him get past the idea that he is just chatting with just one teenager with his own opinion. Good luck!
I will surely be doing that. I will also be talking a lot about market possibilities in Brazil, so i'll be trying to talk on a way that i can represent the brazilian community.
Thank you
01-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey guys!
Just be natural. treat it like a conversation, not a question and answer period, not an interview. Pretend like you're talking to another Pentax enthusiast.

Also, I feel there's no need to mention what happens here on PF. I'm dead certain they monitor this site (maybe even this specific thread!). In fact, I'm pretty sure they looked up everything they could on you, including most (if not all) your posts here on PF (just a wild guess there). Save yourself a question that way and ask something else. Perhaps talk more about your ideas for Brazil representation.

Remember, you drew the lucky card and this is YOUR call, so make sure you get what you want out of it. (obviously, bonus points if it helps the community).

Your call may be about 20 minutes long, though I'm sure it will go well and you'll end up chatting longer. Good luck!

Last edited by EarlVonTapia; 01-02-2013 at 02:53 AM.
01-02-2013, 11:11 AM - 2 Likes   #82
Veteran Member

Talked to him today, 30 minutes call.
We talked a lot about the brazilian market and how the company intends to grow in South America, i talked about Nikon's representative company, i've been told that they're interested in bringing Pentax to Brazil, and he told me to e-mail and give him the company's contact information.
We also talked about how i got into Pentax, even though there is no support here, and i said that i read the reviews that said Pentax was a great brand, etc.
About the fullframe, he said that one of the reason why the fullframe is taking so long is that now they're cheap, and it was a sudden change. Fullframe cameras were expensive and for pros, and suddenly they became much more affordable, and they couldn't handle the price change like that, so they're trying to see what they will have to do to get a reasonably priced FF in the market.
I told him that people want a uncrippled mount, and asked him if there were any plans for that. He said he couldn't confirm it nor deny it, but they said they are creating a camera to try to please the loyal Pentax community.
We talked about the K-01 and K-30, he said that the K-01 was already finished when Ricoh assumed, and they couldn't do anything about it, but it is a nice camera. The K-30 was still being developed, but they couldn't make the engineers start from scratch, so they just tweaked it.
He told me to stay tuned this month, and he said that right after we talked about CES...maybe something products are coming?

01-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Wow! Very very good news, imo.
01-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #84
Veteran Member

awesome! can't wait for upcoming news.
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #85
Pentaxian

He told me to stay tuned this month, and he said that right after we talked about CES...maybe something products are coming?
CP+ starts at the end of this month, too. It's not a question of "if" they will have new products, but "when" they will be able to announce them.

Thanks for keeping us updated.
01-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
Also, I feel there's no need to mention what happens here on PF. I'm dead certain they monitor this site (maybe even this specific thread!). In fact, I'm pretty sure they looked up everything they could on you, including most (if not all) your posts here on PF (just a wild guess there).
I would certainly hope that Pentax is doing this. I would think that they would maybe do a weekly digest of interesting items/links (threads worth monitoring) and circulate them across the marketing companies - Canada, Europe, Australia, US, as it would be the smart thing to do.

And then there is the MAP pricing debacle. Sometimes, it just makes you wonder.....

Anyway, back on the topic of the call - Congratulation!! - it appears that the call went very well, and the information is both interesting and promising.

01-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #87
Forum Member

We talked a lot about the brazilian market and how the company intends to grow in South America, i talked about Nikon's representative company, i've been told that they're interested in bringing Pentax to Brazil, and he told me to e-mail and give him the company's contact information.
We also talked about how i got into Pentax, even though there is no support here, and i said that i read the reviews that said Pentax was a great brand, etc.
About the fullframe, he said that one of the reason why the fullframe is taking so long is that now they're cheap, and it was a sudden change. Fullframe cameras were expensive and for pros, and suddenly they became much more affordable, and they couldn't handle the price change like that, so they're trying to see what they will have to do to get a reasonably priced FF in the market.
I told him that people want a uncrippled mount, and asked him if there were any plans for that. He said he couldn't confirm it nor deny it, but they said they are creating a camera to try to please the loyal Pentax community.
We talked about the K-01 and K-30, he said that the K-01 was already finished when Ricoh assumed, and they couldn't do anything about it, but it is a nice camera. The K-30 was still being developed, but they couldn't make the engineers start from scratch, so they just tweaked it.
+1
Nice Work!! You must have enjoyed talking to him.
;-)

I think his FF reasoning is partly true, but also is a cover-up for their mistakes.
01-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #88
Pentaxian

His FF reasoning seems plausible - now they have to plan/think a lower margin product.
01-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #89
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well done with the conversation, and thank you for the feedback, Gabriel.

he said that one of the reason why the fullframe is taking so long is that now they're cheap, and it was a sudden change. Fullframe cameras were expensive and for pros, and suddenly they became much more affordable
This is enlightening, and also sobering to all of us demanding a FF camera from Pentax yesterday. Clearly, Pentax do have the consumer in mind when formulating their ideas for products.

Thanks again for sharing this, and I'm sure we'll have lots to look forward to in 2013.
01-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #90
Site Supporter

Good work. I quoted you in Ash's Poll Thread.