Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 62 Likes Search this Thread
12-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #61
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The time will answer...To stay with old K-mount in high-end body is mistake. IMO
If you want to use K-mount lenses, it will be easy to produce K-mount AF adapter.

K-mount is the brake on technological progress.

12-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by crassus Quote
...The Keywords for 2013
- A demonstration unit for the long awaited full size sensor camera
If they plan to show a demonstration unit (prototype?) in 2013, does that mean a proper product release in 2014, 2015, 2064? Some folks (Adam?) have suggested that something interesting will be shown around next summer. But if that is just the prototype, many people will be disappointed. But then again, I haven't been expecting much from the brand anymore.
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #63
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
At this point all I care about is the pro-spec APS-C. Is there any mention of that in the interview?
Canon might be pushing out a 7D Mk2...Pentax needs to get moving!

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Not necessarily, if an adapter to K-mount is offered. A short registration makes sense, a lot of sense.
If it's fully-featured, then yeah, maybe it would work. But if Pentax does ditch the K-mount, then then everyone who's been stocking up on Pentax FF glass will end up feeling cheated...

Pentax doesn't even have a complete APS-C lineup at the moment, so what they should try to do is expand it instead of trying to be different all the time.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #64

Why is Pentax specialy want to have the smallest system on the market ?

I did not buy Pentax for its size when I started wit the K200 (but surely for it construction and waeter sealing), and am now frustrate by the size of the K5 ...

12-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #65
Veteran Member

I'm really waiting for a full translation of the article, but so far it all seems a lot of nothing. Yada yada, we're considering this and that. Laughter. We may or may not do this or that. Laughter. Basically they're saying nothing.
12-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #66
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A new DSLR mount would get all enthusiasts to turn away from Pentax IMO, and Ricoh said they want to make their enthusiasts happy. So yeah, no.
Pay attention that Kitazawa says about bigger diameter of new mount and short focal range. I don't think that it's only WORDS.

Last edited by ogl; 12-20-2012 at 09:32 AM.
12-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #67
Pentaxian

Canon might be pushing out a 7D Mk2...Pentax needs to get moving!

If it's fully-featured, then yeah, maybe it would work. But if Pentax does ditch the K-mount, then then everyone who's been stocking up on Pentax FF glass will end up feeling cheated...

Pentax doesn't even have a complete APS-C lineup at the moment, so what they should try to do is expand it instead of trying to be different all the time.
Only a relative few will have been "stocking up". That's not market share. And again, an adapter will accommodate them.
Pentax should be different in a fast changing world.

12-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #68
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's not market share.
Neither are enthusiasts, so they might as well be ditched, right?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #69
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by french_mike Quote

I did not buy Pentax for its size when I started wit the K200 (but surely for it construction and waeter sealing), and am now frustrate by the size of the K5 ...
Who cares about it?

Offer your fundamental difference between future FF camera from Pentax and other brands.

I've read it this interview
http://www.penta-club.ru/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=186425
12-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by french_mike Quote

Size is not one thing. It is depth, width and height. I definitely want less depth, but i agree, I do not want something my fingers cannot handle, like miniature buttons
12-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Neither are enthusiasts, so they might as well be ditched, right?
I would not use that emotive word "ditched", Adam. Certainly not as moderator
12-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #72

I do not want something my fingers cannot handle
Me too, its great to have a light camera, but there is some limits ... and the limited are there for that !

Who has hold a 7D ? The camera is solidly in your hand. Now its probably a bit big, but the extra large place for the thumb and tick deep grip is a real confort a take away the weight of the camera.

I am holding my K5 by the end of my fingers like pinching it !
12-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ah yeah, didn't see post 32. My bad.

Charles.
12-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
To be honest, I find the info disappointing. The development could take 2 more years, especially since they're making the release of the FF dependent on market conditions. (What kind of market conditions are they looking for?)
Since Nikon and Canon have moved into the FF enthusiast market with reasonably priced offerings, the market conditions are establishing selling price and competitive features. Nikon can use all their old lenses back to the 60s (with AI coupling) and sense aperture; while Canon abandoned their MF lenses. So Pentax has to figure out if they have a niche that they can fill and make a profit at the pricing that the market is setting.
I still say de-cripple the mount and make it work really well for manual focus and aperture-preferred (and manual mode) so that the used lenses can provide incentive to buy the body while they build a FF lens product line.
I'd still prefer a digital KX or LX concept that would be a niche no one else is addressing. Otherwise what compelling reason would people have to go Pentax and not D600?
12-20-2012, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
A new DSLR mount would get all enthusiasts to turn away from Pentax
+1
QuoteQuote:
To stay with old K-mount in high-end body is mistake
On the contrary. Changing the mount in a high-end body imho would be the biggest mistake Pentax could make. That they even consider(ed) this makes me shiver.
QuoteQuote:
But if Pentax does ditch the K-mount, then then everyone who's been stocking up on Pentax FF glass will end up feeling cheated...
Then why not choose a different system after all (Nikon, Canon, Sony,...)?
QuoteQuote:
[...] We did consider mirror-less FF till last year, but if you asked me, I'd lean towards SLR FF. [...] If we were to introduce another mirror-less, we will have to consider a new mount vs the K mount. [...] Pentax has not changed the mount in so long, we gained the reputation of "no nonsense interchangeability". We think that this is one of the main aspect that keeps bringing our customers back [...]
!
QuoteQuote:
Offer your fundamental difference between future FF camera from Pentax and other brands.
It (hopefully) will have a PKAF2 mount .