Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #241
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Investigating, developing...
They wouldn't release a date if it is not even developed yet...
Oh, and I forgot that the WG-3 was also announced.
The WG-3, Q10 and MX-1 are all very cool products.
But it's not my style at all...

02-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #242

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I was hoping at least that they would have given more details about the lens in development... I am sooooooooo interested into the 16-85!!!!
02-01-2013, 01:39 AM   #243
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Neither are they mine. But they are both cool and very sellable cameras.
Of course a big proportion of us here on the forum are waiting for something more significant to be announced, but the smaller items have a bigger market, and the bigger items take longer to develop and perfect.
02-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #244
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh well, we still have Adam's interview to look forward to.

02-03-2013, 04:02 AM   #245
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well I suppose that's where I need to go then. I sent the last rolls of K-64 there and I was delighted.

And I'm really a dilletante; I won't be developing or printing at home. I hate Photoshop too.

I enjoy the taking part of photography just not the making part.
I understand that quite well.
But if one day you can't find a proper lab anymore, all is not loss.
Darkroom takes space, indeed. But developing film does not require space, at all.
You only get half the job done though.
And I hate PS too
02-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #246
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax CP+ 2013 Booth Tour - DigitalCamerainfo.com
QuoteQuote:
[...] I took the 560mm lens for a spin and found it to be superbly sharp when stopped down to f/8 [...] Some of the biggest traffic jams at CP+ happen because of booth babe rubbernecking, and the Pentax booth was no exception. [...]
02-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #247
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
7000USD lens is not sharp wide-opened...???

02-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #248
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"The Pentax booth didn’t exactly set itself apart from the herd (except perhaps in terms of intelligent layout), but it’s hard to visit it and not come away with a sense of optimism for the company. Pentax has been accused of a lack of direction in the recent past, and noodling about with oddities like the K-01 and Q haven’t done much to endear it to enthusiasts, but there was still plenty of enthusiasm on display here in Yokohama. Most refreshingly, it came not only from the company’s loyal users (or “Pentaxians,” as they like to call themselves), but from the many employees on the show floor."

Intelligent layout but not so crazy as to announce itself - so .... Pentax! And happy employees are a sign of good things to come. I know whereof I speak having just spent 4 years in a merger - we're JUST NOW getting a little bit happy again. JUST NOW!!.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-05-2013 at 07:07 AM.
02-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #249
Pentaxian

Then, things are happening more than twice as fast as you hoped for?
02-05-2013, 04:11 AM   #250
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
"The Pentax booth didn’t exactly set itself apart from the herd (except perhaps in terms of intelligent layout), but it’s hard to visit it and not come away with a sense of optimism for the company. Pentax has been accused of a lack of direction in the recent past, and noodling about with oddities like the K-01 and Q haven’t done much to endear it to enthusiasts, but there was still plenty of enthusiasm on display here in Yokohama. Most refreshingly, it came not only from the company’s loyal users (or “Pentaxians,” as they like to call themselves), but from the many employees on the show floor."

Intelligent layout but not so crazy as to announce itself - so .... Pentax! And happy employees are a sign of good things to come. I know whereof I speak having just spent 4 years in a merger - we're JUST NOW getting a little bit happy agian. JUST NOW!!.
Most insightful comment - thanks.
02-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #251
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
And I hate PS too
I've unfortunately had literally every single version of Photoshop - typically the full versions. When I go back and think about how much I've spent on items such as that and also the extras like the plug-ins... Think of where else one could spend all of that money...

Back in the 80's and 90's that money would basically buy any fully equiped (and very large) darkroom - which is something that I still regularly use
02-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #252
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Back in the 80's and 90's that money would basically buy any fully equiped (and very large) darkroom - which is something that I still regularly use
My core lament about digital photography is the opportunity cost of the time and money we've spent in front of a conmputer screen manipulating electrons - and the outright loss of the talent, skill and creativity combined in the best (and even the average) lab developers and printers. Add obsoleting our own combined darkroom experience and technique - what a tragedy.

My daughter took a wonderful Winter-Term college course at Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, NM (Ansel Adams and Georgia O'Keefe). It was chemistry, theory and practical application (climb a mesa, expose a landscape, develop, dodge, burn and produce - for a GRADE). Using a 100% mechanical camera. She took a CLA'ed KX and a set of K lenses. IIRC a brick of TMAX 100 and a brick of Tri-X 400.

As a side-bar, there was a challenge to produce an image as close to an Adams view as possible using a modern, all mechanical 35mm camera and modern papers and chemicals. Find the location, adjust for film size, adjust for light, chemistry, etc and have a go. Of course no one came even close, but the challenge and the explanation of the technique employed was the fun and the discussions were enlightening.

That course led directly to her career - and it is no longer offered. Wet printing is such an anachronism that not enough students signed up. Tragic.

[Edit: I really do think we've lost something, and i Really do rarely sit down at my computer and make images to upload. See - here's the first post on my blog that I've never followed through on - from last April!!]

Last edited by monochrome; 02-05-2013 at 07:48 AM.
02-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #253
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I've unfortunately had literally every single version of Photoshop - typically the full versions. When I go back and think about how much I've spent on items such as that and also the extras like the plug-ins... Think of where else one could spend all of that money...

I'm not surprised. I have no such well equipped lab. Only a very small home made lab downstairs.
I certainly wished I could get a real good lab though
I'd switch electrons for photons any day in a heartbeat