Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #61
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
"X-pro" like oriented APS-C - or with FF sensor - with several lenses from the start
Not exactly sure how well the Fuji cameras are doing; as their lens lineup is extremely limited. Plus if you think that the Pentax K-01 focuses slow, then take a look at the /Fuji's.

01-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #62
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Anyone attending? Hope it's a good exhibition.
I'm planning to attend CP+ on the Saturday. I'm hoping to see the DA Limited zoom from the roadmap (a perfect companion to my K-01?), a wide-angle lens for the Q, a new high-end DSLR, some nice Ricoh compacts and discover the fate of the GXR system.
01-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #63
Veteran Member

I look foward to your report !

I'm still sitting on alot of Pentax full frame glass & an awsome in daylight K20D I bought new 5 years ago.

I am excited to read about your first hand CES report !

K-5IIs is intriguing but K20D is last crop format viewfinder/sensor dslr I bought new.

Hopefully Ricoh got a clue & sees The Big Picture now ?

24x36 K Mount please !

Give me an option Ricoh before I give up & cash out of my K Mount lens treasures.

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I'm planning to attend CP+ on the Saturday. I'm hoping to see the DA Limited zoom from the roadmap (a perfect companion to my K-01?), a wide-angle lens for the Q, a new high-end DSLR, some nice Ricoh compacts and discover the fate of the GXR system.

Last edited by Samsungian; 01-06-2013 at 02:21 PM.
01-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Not exactly sure how well the Fuji cameras are doing; as their lens lineup is extremely limited. Plus if you think that the Pentax K-01 focuses slow, then take a look at the /Fuji's.
At least they have made quite noisy buzz !
But having compared, i agree on AF performance : very poor for the X-Pro 1 (at least with the original FW).

01-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
I'm still sitting on a lot of Pentax full frame glass & an awesome in daylight K20D I bought new 5 years ago.
Exactly my situation, I bought my K20D used though. The D600 almost had me yesterday as a D600 with even one fast wide end zoom lens would be more useful to me than the K20D with my whole current lineup. With the value of what I have now combined with a Romanian RPK and mags that have suddenly doubled in value that I could sell (thanks crazy gun hoarding people) I could actually afford that without a ton of extra out of pocket expense. If Nikon can keep dropping the price on FF bodies to within reach of the K5II Pentax has a serious problem since price was the main reason not to own FF for people.

I basically need my 24-50 to be a 24-50, I like very wide angle pictures that don't sacrifice the magnification of the longer focal length (like a wider crop equivalent zoom would). I finally went so far as to shelve the K20D and pull out the old Super Program and its like looking at the whole world on a sunny day through a bay window by comparison, I can't go back to the porthole view through the crop camera and I can't wait much longer.

I'll be closely watching to see if anything is announced though I wouldn't expect release till late this year at least. Even at $2500-$3k it would be cheaper to buy the Pentax body than to switch systems.
01-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #66

As for me, I am only hoping for a glimpse of an FF body from Pentax. That would really seal my shift from Nikon to Pentax.
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #67
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Russia was right at 100%. New camera is here already.

MX-1.

Last edited by ogl; 01-07-2013 at 11:22 AM.
01-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Interesting!

Wonder what if anything will be shown at CP+?
01-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #69
Banned

The I-10 was a preview of the Q style. Maybe the MX-1 gives us a preview of an ILC that is coming up.
01-08-2013, 01:38 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
The I-10 was a preview of the Q style. Maybe the MX-1 gives us a preview of an ILC that is coming up.
It's possible but the fact that they've used the name MX is a shame because I think that would make more sense on an ILC. However LX is still available and I guess it's possible that Pentax might reuse that name and classic design on an ILC.

Looking at the pricing structure that Pentax has employed in the UK there isn't a huge amount of room for a new DSLR other than above the K-5II - which would be a new segment for Pentax. The only other area I can really see would be a modern K-1000 really basic, really cheap DSLR. In which case similar classic styling might act as a selling point without increasing the cost too much.
01-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Anyone interested in the new flash?

"Future Product Concept
  • AF 360 FGZ II♦: Scheduled for a 2013 launch this automatic, external, clip-on flash has a maximum guide number of 36 (at ISO 100) with bounce flash functionality adjustable both vertically and horizontally."
What I'm curious about is it being.. "clip-on". I don't know if that's a typo.
01-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #72
Pentaxian

Dunno what does "clip on" mean, but that flash sure has my attention. let's see. Can't wait, what they are working on now, but that modelling of MX-1 is gaining my attention too. That speak of anniverasry of LX, or was it MX could be something really nice...just thinking loud.
01-08-2013, 02:38 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
That speak of anniverasry of LX, or was it MX could be something really nice...just thinking loud.
That one too. Though "LX" is 60 in roman numerals.. and it's only been 55 years after the first camera under the name Pentax (1957)
01-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Anyone interested in the new flash?

"Future Product Concept
  • AF 360 FGZ II♦: Scheduled for a 2013 launch this automatic, external, clip-on flash has a maximum guide number of 36 (at ISO 100) with bounce flash functionality adjustable both vertically and horizontally."
What I'm curious about is it being.. "clip-on". I don't know if that's a typo.
Definitely curious to see what the actual specs will be...
01-08-2013, 04:09 AM   #75
Pentaxian

It makes sense IMO to update the 360FGZ first:
- it really needs horizontal adjustment, people are inclined to go 3rd-party because of that
- they can buy time to develop high end features suited to their "flagship" flash (while I believe they will have other things than the redesigned head).