Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #481
Pentaxian

I'm very happy my phone has a camera; because of that it also have a led flash and that makes an excellent low power flashlight for emergency occasions

01-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #482
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm very happy my phone has a camera; because of that it also have a led flash and that makes an excellent low power flashlight for emergency occasions
Not only emergency, I use it all the time (e.g. when looking for something in my shed when it's dark - which means after 4 PM these days ).
01-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #483

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
I think to be honest it was the size which did for the K-01, rather than the visual design.
Personally, I feel if it had an EVF and the revised firmware from the start, it would have garnered more positive reviews and done better based on image quality.

I don't want a DSLR, but I want an APS-C sensor. I like live view, but I hate that I'm guessing if I have a good shot or not with the K-01 in bright sun, and an EVF would solve that problem.

It does make me wonder though, when I see much more compact APS-C cameras on the market, and then I look at my old ME-Super, which is almost as compact as those cameras. Seems like the K-01 could have been a bit smaller.
01-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #484
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VaderSS Quote

It does make me wonder though, when I see much more compact APS-C cameras on the market, and then I look at my old ME-Super, which is almost as compact as those cameras. Seems like the K-01 could have been a bit smaller.
Just remember that the MESuper sensor thickness was measured in millimeters and wasn't surrounded by image stabilization magnets, and the only thing to look at on the back was usually yellow and about 1" square.

01-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #485
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Just remember that the MESuper sensor thickness was measured in millimeters and wasn't surrounded by image stabilization magnets, and the only thing to look at on the back was usually yellow and about 1" square.
Fewer distractions that way.

Out of curiosity, I googled 35mm film thickness....turns out it would take about seven layers of it to make a millimeter. Still, by the time you add in the pressure plate and springs it can't be terribly different from a modern digital sensor, can it?
01-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #486
Pentaxian

Personally, I feel if it had an EVF and the revised firmware from the start, it would have garnered more positive reviews and done better based on image quality.

I don't want a DSLR, but I want an APS-C sensor. I like live view, but I hate that I'm guessing if I have a good shot or not with the K-01 in bright sun, and an EVF would solve that problem.

ME Super: 131.5 x 82.5 x 49.5mm
K-01: 122 x 79 x 58mm
01-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #487
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm not bothered much by its size, but I do think they could have left off the bulge on the top where the pentaprism would go. Not a deal killer to me. The biggest bulk for the K01 is any zoom you might mount on it. It's probably never coming, but I'd like to see the XS kit lens.