Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #481
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,311
I'm very happy my phone has a camera; because of that it also have a led flash and that makes an excellent low power flashlight for emergency occasions

01-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #482
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,512
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm very happy my phone has a camera; because of that it also have a led flash and that makes an excellent low power flashlight for emergency occasions
Not only emergency, I use it all the time (e.g. when looking for something in my shed when it's dark - which means after 4 PM these days ).
01-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #483
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 30
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
I think to be honest it was the size which did for the K-01, rather than the visual design.
Personally, I feel if it had an EVF and the revised firmware from the start, it would have garnered more positive reviews and done better based on image quality.

I don't want a DSLR, but I want an APS-C sensor. I like live view, but I hate that I'm guessing if I have a good shot or not with the K-01 in bright sun, and an EVF would solve that problem.

It does make me wonder though, when I see much more compact APS-C cameras on the market, and then I look at my old ME-Super, which is almost as compact as those cameras. Seems like the K-01 could have been a bit smaller.
01-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #484
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,423
QuoteOriginally posted by VaderSS Quote

It does make me wonder though, when I see much more compact APS-C cameras on the market, and then I look at my old ME-Super, which is almost as compact as those cameras. Seems like the K-01 could have been a bit smaller.
Just remember that the MESuper sensor thickness was measured in millimeters and wasn't surrounded by image stabilization magnets, and the only thing to look at on the back was usually yellow and about 1" square.

01-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #485
Veteran Member
Mike Cash's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,952
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Just remember that the MESuper sensor thickness was measured in millimeters and wasn't surrounded by image stabilization magnets, and the only thing to look at on the back was usually yellow and about 1" square.
Fewer distractions that way.

Out of curiosity, I googled 35mm film thickness....turns out it would take about seven layers of it to make a millimeter. Still, by the time you add in the pressure plate and springs it can't be terribly different from a modern digital sensor, can it?
01-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #486
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nevada, USA
Posts: 485
QuoteOriginally posted by VaderSS Quote
Personally, I feel if it had an EVF and the revised firmware from the start, it would have garnered more positive reviews and done better based on image quality.

I don't want a DSLR, but I want an APS-C sensor. I like live view, but I hate that I'm guessing if I have a good shot or not with the K-01 in bright sun, and an EVF would solve that problem.

It does make me wonder though, when I see much more compact APS-C cameras on the market, and then I look at my old ME-Super, which is almost as compact as those cameras. Seems like the K-01 could have been a bit smaller.
ME Super: 131.5 x 82.5 x 49.5mm
K-01: 122 x 79 x 58mm
01-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #487
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,775
QuoteOriginally posted by VaderSS Quote
It does make me wonder though, when I see much more compact APS-C cameras on the market, and then I look at my old ME-Super, which is almost as compact as those cameras. Seems like the K-01 could have been a bit smaller.
I'm not bothered much by its size, but I do think they could have left off the bulge on the top where the pentaprism would go. Not a deal killer to me. The biggest bulk for the K01 is any zoom you might mount on it. It's probably never coming, but I'd like to see the XS kit lens.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, mx-1, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
645D being discontinued - for new model? interested_observer Pentax Medium Format 9 09-28-2012 11:35 AM
Help, where do I get the camera model signature images? BirdDude007 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 2 05-24-2012 04:03 PM
K20D or another model (new to Pentax)? TheGreatGonzo Pentax DSLR Discussion 13 03-27-2012 09:17 AM
645 Film camera. Which model? Joburger Pentax Medium Format 26 04-06-2011 03:54 PM
Camera Kings Import model? ncrecordkeeper Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 02-16-2010 03:32 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:54 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top