Show Printable Version 49 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #31
Pentaxian

nice big pics, thanks Frank!

01-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Frank, why are you torturing us

Tho it does seem a better choice for me than the Q - prevents Q lens LBA from getting to me, lol.
01-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #33

Photos: Gallery
just got an email from PRIC with the press release where they said that we are awaiting a lot of interesting products.

mx-1 looks nice, and the pixel-track technology in the dual-shake-reduction system sounds interesting...
01-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice!

01-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Wow, love those pics. It's got some serious Pentax ergonomics working for it. I really like it a lot.
01-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
wish there was a lens-ring control dial like on my Canon S95, or on the Olympus XZ-1/2. still, I agree that this is a solid camera offering, and if it's street price is right, I'll seriously consider buying one in the future...
To my mind, the EV dial is preferable. It can be used with one hand.

I've never liked the "manual" zoom on the lens ring dial on the S95 or RX100.

With the sensor size being what it is, I'd probably just leave it on Av wide-open, so would have less reason to use a lens ring dial for other functions either.

I guess I'm just selling myself, and am expecting my wife's eyes to roll when I walk through the door with it!
01-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #37
Veteran Member

The lens ring control allowed a few other things - such as manual focus. Perhaps not so important with compacts, but I sorta enjoyed it on the S95 when doing macros. I do love the EV dial, that's brilliant in my opinion. Would love to have both though, but can't get everything I want

01-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
To my mind, the EV dial is preferable. It can be used with one hand.

I've never liked the "manual" zoom on the lens ring dial on the S95 or RX100.

With the sensor size being what it is, I'd probably just leave it on Av wide-open, so would have less reason to use a lens ring dial for other functions either.

I guess I'm just selling myself, and am expecting my wife's eyes to roll when I walk through the door with it!
You got these right

I have an X10, sometimes I'd rather I can use one hand to operate it like I can do with the MX-1. The EV dial is so conveniently located at the perfect location, plus the rear dial for changing aperture, front push/pull dial for changing focal length, you can use this camera w one hand easily. The only thing I hope is an add on grip to further enhance its feeling in hand.

Image quality wide I can only say it's very satisfactory, there is no much learning curve if you are used to Pentax dSLR cameras, high ISO performance is easily as good if not better than the X10.
01-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #39
Veteran Member

They need to give me a discount if I buy a k-5IIs and a MX1 together.. because it looks like that's what I'm gonna be doing next year.
01-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
They need to give me a discount if I buy a k-5IIs and a MX1 together.. because it looks like that's what I'm gonna be doing next year.
You mean this year?
01-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #41

Looks like a nice little camera. Too bad it doesn't have an accessory port and hot shoe like my X-Z1. I use the VF-3 on mine all the time in the sun and also for when I shoot my daughters plays. I guess you have to start somewhere. They could have put a port on the K-01 also, it would have been perfect for me then.
01-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #42
Veteran Member

I thought I was going to like the all-black version more, but now I'm not sure.

The silver looks better from the front, whereas the black will likely look better from the top and back.

I'm really looking forward to seeing and feeling these in the flesh.
01-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
You mean this year?
Good point, still not used to it yet!

And then in a few weeks, I gotta get all indecisive again after CP+
01-07-2013, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #44

Well, K-01 would have been a success if it looked like this one...
01-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
You got these right

I have an X10, sometimes I'd rather I can use one hand to operate it like I can do with the MX-1. The EV dial is so conveniently located at the perfect location, plus the rear dial for changing aperture, front push/pull dial for changing focal length, you can use this camera w one hand easily. The only thing I hope is an add on grip to further enhance its feeling in hand.

Image quality wide I can only say it's very satisfactory, there is no much learning curve if you are used to Pentax dSLR cameras, high ISO performance is easily as good if not better than the X10.
Sounds good.

Can the flash be tilted-up manually for bounce?