Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-07-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax CES Press release today

JANUARY 07, 2013
PENTAX TO SHOWCASE UNEQUALED LINE-UP AT THE INTERNATIONAL CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW
Newly introduced MX-1 defines where classic design meets contemporary quality while Q10 colors take self-expression to the next level

Las Vegas, NV (January 7, 2013) CES Booth #C15113— PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION (PENTAX) will be showcasing their full line-up of cameras and lenses at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show, January 8-11, 2013 in Las Vegas Nevada. The PENTAX booth, located in the central hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, is number 15113.
Come by the PENTAX booth for a hands-on exhibit and demonstration of the following products:

Point and Shoot Cameras
MX-1: The MX-1, PENTAX’s newly announced camera, strikes the perfect balance between classic design and high-end contemporary performance, featuring brass covers, a 4X zoom and a fast F1.8-2.5 lens.
Optio LS465: This new point and shoot offers a super-compact body that fits into any purse or pocket with fully customizable skins to match any style.
X-5: This bridge camera closes the distance between you and the perfect photo, featuring an optical 26X super-telephoto zoom lens and an articulated LCD.
Optio WG-2: PENTAX’s ruggedized point and shoot features a waterproof, crushproof, dustproof and coldproof body to withstand almost any environment.

DSLRs
K-5 II and K-5 IIs: These updated SLRs advance the K-5 line of flagship cameras with a newly developed SAFOX XAF sensor that delivers the broadest autofocusing EV range (-3 EV to +18 EV) in its class. The K-5 IIs feature an anti-aliasing filterless design to produce superior resolution and detail.
K-30: The K-30’s weather sealed body, impressive list of features and pocket-friendly price makes this an attractive choice in any of its 18 available colors.
645D: This medium-format SLR delivers 40-mengapixel image quality and professional performance at an attractive price.
ILC (Interchangeable Lens Cameras)
Q10: The Q10, the smallest and lightest ILC available combines compact-portability with limitless self-expression. Offered in 100 color combinations you’re sure to find your match with the Q10.
K-01: This Marc Newson designed ILC, features incredible image quality and an attention-grabbing body.

Future Product Concept
AF 360 FGZ II♦: Scheduled for a 2013 launch this automatic, external, clip-on flash has a maximum guide number of 36 (at ISO 100) with bounce flash functionality adjustable both vertically and horizontally.

PENTAX - PENTAX to Showcase Unequaled Line-up at the International Consumer Electronics Show

01-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That MX-1 is looking fantastic. Wish it had a bigger sensor, but I'll take 1/1.7 over 1/2.3 any day.

Nice that the are introducing a new flash. Pentax, make it weather sealed...!
01-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

OK. Time to buff up the pocket >_<
New flash but... I hope they fix/update the system in-body too.
01-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
I'm looking foward for the AF 360 II. The swivel feature was/is one of the features that I missed most, among some other minor things...

01-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I like the decisions they're making... it just seems they need to ramp up the pace. Let's see what comes out at CP.
01-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

New GFZ360, hmmm? That's interesting. I wonder why they went that way instead of updated the 540. I would have prefered that, since I'm would like more power. But a gang of 360s could be interesting if they work together well. Do we know if there is anything updated besides adding swivel? Is the TTL more refined? More features?
01-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would expect a re-work of the 540 should follow soon.

I really hope the new flash is WR.

01-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by DavidOBryan Quote
I meant CES but it seems I can't edit the thread title.
For up to 24h after posting, if you edit the post title it will also update the thread title.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by apisto Quote
I would expect a re-work of the 540 should follow soon.

I really hope the new flash is WR.
Yes! WR 540 flash would be amazing, and I would buy a few.
01-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Anyone wonder what they mean by "unequaled lineup"? I see a great new P&S, a mid range flashgun, and multi-color Q10's. Please tell me there will be more?
01-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Marketing speak.
I have no doubt we'll see much more, but probably not at CES.
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Let's hope that the new flash unit has some buried improvements to the P-TTL flash technology that just plain 'works better', even if they keep it a secret for a while
until they release a new generation of bodies to match.....
01-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
ogl
Banned

New flash concept.
Pentax will also be showing one future product concept at CES. Tentatively named the Pentax AF 360 FGZ II, it's a new mid-range flash strobe set to launch some time this year. With a guide number of 118.8 feet (36m) at ISO 100, it has the same output as the existing AF 360 FGZ, but where the earlier model had only a bounce head, the new variant will provide both bounce and swivel functions.
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
New flash concept.
Pentax will also be showing one future product concept at CES. Tentatively named the Pentax AF 360 FGZ II, it's a new mid-range flash strobe set to launch some time this year. With a guide number of 118.8 feet (36m) at ISO 100, it has the same output as the existing AF 360 FGZ, but where the earlier model had only a bounce head, the new variant will provide both bounce and swivel functions.
but are they advancing the flash system in anyway? They got the wireless triggering like CLS from Nikon already, but they dont got the metering abilities (correct me if I'm wrong) and that would be a nice thing to have for those that don't shoot in full manual mode.
01-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #15
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Updating the AF 360 FGZ with swivel head, improved P-TTL and even WP would be nice but probably the least important things to do with the flash. Just making these changes may not be enough to get most to upgrade (or even possible buy instead of something ease). There is so much more Pentax could and should do that if this is all they do it would be a disappointment.

DAZ