• Auto & Manual 24-105mm Zoom Head
  • Adjustable Tilt & Swivel Head
  • 1.8" Rear Backlit LCD Display
  • 6x Manual Levels: Full to 1/32 Power
  • AF Assist for Low-Light Photography
  • High Speed Sync Up to 1/4000 sec
  • Rear-Curtain Sync
  • Built-In Reflector & Diffuser

The VS-510P Wireless TTL Shoe Mount Flash from Bolt is a dedicated flash for use with Pentax & Samsung DSLR, mirrorless or point-and-shoot cameras. The VS-510 features a guide number of 141' at ISO 100 and an adjustable tilt head with five positions: 0 to 90°. You can also twist it to the left up to 120° and to the right up to 180°. It covers a 24-105mm range (in 35mm full frame format) and also offers rear curtain synchronization for shooting at slower shutter speeds. The included mount allows you to attach it to any 1/4"-20 screw for flat surfaces, tripods or stands.

The VS-510 has an autofocus assist for low-light photography, and an automatic power-saving function that turns the flash off when it's inactive. It is powered by four AA batteries (not included), with a flash duration between 1/1000 and 1/20,000 of a second. The flash supports high-speed sync up to a quick 1/4000 sec for shooting outdoors at wide apertures and fast shutter speeds. It also has rear-curtain sync.
Note! Although this model is compatible with Pentax and Samsung's SLR TTL metering systems, the current series of NX cameras use a different TTL system.

This speedlight is fully compatible with Pentax & Samsung's TTL metering, though it is not compatible with the current series of Samsung NX cameras. It also supports wireless TTL controls for multiple units and groups, including 4 channels and 3 groups up to 33' away. The guide number for this flash is 141' (43 m) at 50mm and ISO 100, and 164' (50 m) at 105mm and ISO 100. The adjustable five-position flash head can be tilted up 0-90°, left 0-120° and right 0-180°. It has an automatic and manual 24-105mm zoom head. The 1.8" rear backlit LCD Display allows you to easily make adjustments in low light and clearly see what your flash is set to for accurate readings. With six different manual power levels you can easily change from full to 1/32 power. With a built-in autofocus-assist beam you can shoot in low-light conditions, using the beam to aid your camera's AF modes. This flash supports both high speed and rear-curtain sync for more speed and flash control. It supports high-speed sync up to 1/4000 sec--with cameras that support this speed--for shooting outdoors at wide apertures and fast shutter speeds, helping you to freeze motion better A built-in reflector allows you to enhance the light coming from your flash and the diffuser softens the light for more flattering shadows and images. Flash compensation is done in-camera. The flash supports the flash compensation range of the camera The automatic power-saving function turns the flash off to conserve power, allowing you to shoot longer.

Last edited by Rite; 01-09-2013 at 09:00 PM.
01-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Bolt VS-260 Compact On-Camera Flash for Pentax/Samsung TTL

Bolt VS-260 Compact On-Camera Flash for Pentax/Samsung TTL

Product Highlights

• Compatible with Pentax/Samsung
  • Adjustable Five-Position Flash Head
  • AF Assist for Low-Light Photography
  • Rear-Curtain Sync
  • Automatic Power-Saving Function

The VS-260 Mini On-Camera Flash For Pentax/Samsung TTL from Bolt is a dedicated TTL flash for use with Pentax/Samsung SLR cameras. The VS-260 features a guide number of 72' @ 100 ISO and an adjustable tilt head with five set positions: 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, and 90°. The flash covers a 35mm range (in 35mm/full frame format) and also offers rear curtain synchronization for shooting at slower shutter speeds. It has an autofocus assist for low-light photography, and an automatic power-saving function that turns the flash off when it's inactive for three minutes. The VS-260 is powered by 2 easily found AA batteries. The flash duration is between 1/2000 and 1/40,000 second. Compatible with Pentax and Samsung's TTL metering systems.
Full compatibility with Pentax and Samsung's TTL metering systems Adjustable five-position flash head Autofocus-assist for low-light photography Rear-curtain sync Automatic power-saving function

Last edited by Rite; 01-09-2013 at 08:46 PM.
01-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool beans
01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Maybe rebranded Targus flashes?
Targus Digital

01-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I'm probably missing something, but the bigger one seems a tad less powerful than the Sigma for about the same money. The little one is actually a little more interesting in that it is a good deal cheaper than an AF200FG and fills a need for a little more power than, say, the K01 built in flash.

Last edited by GeneV; 01-11-2013 at 11:01 AM.
01-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
Targus Digital
They look similar, but the Targus does not list Pentax compatibility.
01-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A metz 50 is only a bit more. My metz 54 died a week ago and I'm looking at flashes. This one seems nice but the metz flashes are so much better and have a reliable company behind them.

01-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zosxavius Quote
A metz 50 is only a bit more. My metz 54 died a week ago and I'm looking at flashes. This one seems nice but the metz flashes are so much better and have a reliable company behind them.
For the $200+ price range, I totally agree. I'd spend just a little more and get the Metz 52.

I did go ahead and order one of the little ones for my wife's K01. A small, 2 AA flash is pretty handy, especially with today's higher ISO capability. The comparable Metz model to that one is about 50% more.
01-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #9

Do these support P-ttl or just TTL ?
01-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

That little one seems more handy.. bounce option too! (well at least for landscape orientation...)
01-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #11

I just got the Metz 52, and it's my first off camera flash. I love it so far, the TTL works great and I get correct exposure every time. It has the touch screen menu, which is quite easy to use. The user manual is not great (some parts are lost in translation). It works great as off camera wireless slave as well.
I got it on Adorama for $250, however it's out of stock now. Metz Mecablitz 52 AF-1 TTL Touchscreen Shoe Mount Flash for Pentax/Samsung DSLRs MZ 52317PS
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
Targus Digital
I'm pretty sure that all of these (including the Targus-labeled versions) are made by Icorp (which also sells them under their own Tumax brand).

Welcome to TUMAX ← particularly, "In addition to producing our own merchandise, we also offer customized design service and the manufacture of private label products to suit the needs of our clients. OEM and ODM customers are welcome."

The VS-510P looks to be a variant of the DPT5 Series and the VS-260 from the DSL28 Series.

The DTP5 is available as the Cactus AF50 from Gadget Infinity for about $70 less. Cactus AF50 P-TTL Camera Flash / Speedlite for Pentax - Gadget Infinity

Last edited by mattdm; 01-15-2013 at 07:03 AM.
01-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bartimus Quote
I just got the Metz 52, and it's my first off camera flash. I love it so far, the TTL works great and I get correct exposure every time. It has the touch screen menu, which is quite easy to use. The user manual is not great (some parts are lost in translation). It works great as off camera wireless slave as well.
I got it on Adorama for $250, however it's out of stock now. Metz Mecablitz 52 AF-1 TTL Touchscreen Shoe Mount Flash for Pentax/Samsung DSLRs MZ 52317PS
Welcome Aboard! Nice flash unit.
01-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
Veteran Member

The Bolt VS-260 arrived today. It is tiny (adorably so), and it fits the K01 perfectly. It carries with the camera in one coat pocket and flash in the other. This palm-sized flash is much nicer to carry around than a Pentax AF540 or the Sigma 610, and much more versatile than the built in. No slave mode; so no cordless use.

The bounce tilt works nicely as well. I'll write a review when I use it more, but I've only tried it at ISO 800 (which the K01 does very nicely). At that sensitivity, the power is quite adequate for bounce. It seems I do drain the 2 AA cells fairly quickly when bouncing. After about 20 bounce shots, the recycle time was noticeably slower.
01-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Which type of AA cells are you using: lithium? NiMH? LSD NiMH? Alkaline?

I might look at compact system cameras if I could get a similarly-small flash unit with acceptable (whatever that means) battery life. I would expect, of course, degraded output power. Life is just one series of compromises after another, it seems, and I've learned to live nicely with that.