Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
The point is they stopped making the K10D and K100D in December. What have they been doing since?
Providing there is enough K100D, K10D on the market, why the heck should anybody feel bad about it?
I somehow think some are really looking for reasons to be unhappy.

And to finish, this is old story.

02-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote
The K200d is weather sealed, so it's really new, from a manufacturing point of view.

Btw, even Nikon have several months of delay between announcment and effective spreading...must be something with this particular industry...
Cameras are shipped not by air, but by cargo ships. It takes a while for the ships to get here, clear customs, and be in the distributor's warehouses. Then they need to be sent to the different stores, almost certainly through ground shipping (truck, trains, etc.). If camera makers use Fedex overnight, then there will be no delay getting the cameras out.
02-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #33

Photos: Gallery
Check out the Aerospace industry

90 days from announcement to the customers hands is an eyeblink compared to 2 to 10 years from announcement of a new model airplane and it actually being delivered to a customer. I have considerable experience in aerospace manufacturing and maintenance and 90 days from announcement to deliverable product would be considered a miracle. Most aerospace manufacturers start taking orders and deposites on the day of the announcement and use that money to help finance the developement of the aircraft. It is a good thing we don't have to purchase our photography equipment this way.

I know that comparing the camera industry and the aerospace industry is like comparing apples and oranges, I just thought I would throw this in for conversation sake.
02-24-2008, 12:19 AM   #34
Veteran Member

What difference or impact has it made to the common consumer? Unless you became a Pentax dealer as of Jan or February, no big deal, just rhetoric.