Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangor, Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,382
Calumet has K20D for same day shipping

Must be the first store to have them available. Somebody on the other forum called and checked. They have them and are shipping.
Cameras / Digital Cameras / Pentax / - CALUMET

That was quick. They are sold out already


Last edited by regken; 02-20-2008 at 01:50 PM.
02-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
jamesk8752's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Suburban Detroit, MI, USA
Posts: 226
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Must be the first store to have them available. Somebody on the other forum called and checked. They have them and are shipping.
Cameras / Digital Cameras / Pentax / - CALUMET

That was quick. They are sold out already
Ken, when I called them at 4:20 EST today they confirmed that they still had the K20D in stock. As I posted in RiceHigh's thread, I immediately ordered one and should receive it on Friday.
02-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangor, Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,382
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jamesk8752 Quote
Ken, when I called them at 4:20 EST today they confirmed that they still had the K20D in stock. As I posted in RiceHigh's thread, I immediately ordered one and should receive it on Friday.
Jim,
Congrats! I'm glad they still had one for you. For old times sake how about a photo of one of the 1950's drive ins on Woodward Ave. Big Boy, Totem Pole, Suzie Q, or Ted"s? We will all be waiting for your thoughts.

Thanks,

ken
02-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
jamesk8752's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Suburban Detroit, MI, USA
Posts: 226
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Jim,
Congrats! I'm glad they still had one for you. For old times sake how about a photo of one of the 1950's drive ins on Woodward Ave. Big Boy, Totem Pole, Suzie Q, or Ted"s? We will all be waiting for your thoughts.

Thanks,

ken
Ahh, Ted's - I have fond memories of rat racing up Woodward in my GTO and stopping at Ted's for a snack...

I'm afraid that most of them (including Ted's) are gone, driven out by high real estate prices. One which is still here (for the moment) is Hunter House, on Woodward just north of Maple Road. They still serve the best sliders and fries around. When I get my K20D I'll snap a shot of it for you and post it here.

Regards, Jim

02-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 30
James,

Do come back to us with your own little review of the K20D. I am especially interested in the low light high-ISO performance (1600 & 3200), if it is usable, compared with say, the D300. Also, if the new 'improved' SR is any better than the K10D.

Good luck and all the best.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
calumet, cameras, pentax news, pentax rumors, shipping
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - Acquired: K20D Shipping to Canada Peter Zack Sold Items 7 07-12-2010 06:57 PM
I am excited! My K20D is shipping tomorrow to upgrade from K100D! shaolin95 Pentax DSLR Discussion 23 09-01-2009 05:36 AM
For Sale - Sold: Free $10 Shipping from Calumet SamC Sold Items 1 08-16-2007 05:52 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top