Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 12:03 AM - 2 Likes   #151
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
PF is going to be at the upcoming CP+ show (1/31-2/3) and it is quite likely that we will be interviewing Pentax there, just like we did last year. You can expect to see in-depth reporting and footage from the show on our homepage. There will be more videos this time!

At the show we expect to see a number of new items, including an SDM teleconverter, a new DA* zoom, a Q pinhole lens, and a Ricoh camera, though none of these have been confirmed or announced yet. There could also be other cameras. Press releases are generally posted a little under a week before the start of the show. We will definitely see the MX-1 and the new 360 II flash which has already been shown at CES.

Just like at Photokina, we will be giving Pentax a report containing the latest feedback from the community. We will also be asking a handful of user-submitted questions during the interview, so here's your chance to submit potential questions!

For the sake of readability of this thread, please don't suggest "will there be a full-frame?" as that question has already been asked and answered (yes, you can expect to see a Pentax full-frame in the future). Anything else is fair game. If you like a question that someone else has suggested, click on the like icon within that post. We will include 3 of the 5 questions with the most likes in the interview.
Fix the bounce flash issue now PENTAX!
This issue has been going on for years now, forums are filled with threads about it, and they are just ignoring it.
Shame on them!
Since it doesn´t exist on older DSLR´s, as the K100D Super, how hard can it be?
Being a pentax shooter since -81, i wouldn´t recommend anyone to buy a PENTAX DSLR until they have fixed this.
I used to own a K-5 which i returned because of their inability to fix this.
Bought a K-30, hoping this would be solved, but no. Returned it.
Forum threads reports the issue on the K-5II as well.
STOP ignoring your customers! Fix it! NOW!

01-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #152

Pentax k-3: and then what i make with my new lenses for the k-5?

Hello

Here a question for the 3 Febr.: when i would buy a new k-3, what i make with my first class and highend lenses they i've buyd for my k-5?

Thank you for a answer

Armin from switzerland
01-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Any chance of a re-take of the DA* 16-50? I don't mind it's softness at times, but sharper, especially due to it's now insane pricing would be nice.
01-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
With some other kind of relatively minor change like that they could do versions 2 of DA* lenses that includes new HD coatings, new DC motor or even an officially stated SDM v2, etc... and they can save face by ever publicly admitting any flaw with SDM(as an official company statement type thing instead of comment from an engineer in an interview).
I'm not sure that publicly admitting past flaws in their technology would help them; on the contrary, it could be used against them.

01-29-2013, 12:32 AM - 1 Like   #155
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There was a comment back there regarding promotion of the brand, and while I note the desire for lots of bells and whistles, unless Pentax lifts above an 'also ran' when it comes to marketing and presence in the stores, the cash to develop gucci new stuff just won't be there. We really have to look far and wide to find a Pentax in a crowd of SLRs, and despite the passion in this forum, unless Petax lifts its game world-wide, it will remain in the relative background. So, my question to Pentax is what are they doing to lift the brand and get a real presence from users, so that people can see Pentax actually producing results and in the hands of photographers. What are they doing to make ita brand of choce ?

Some suggestions:
- There are so many great lenses out there that are just begging for a Pentax mount- partner with the lens manufacturers
- develop that full frame and market to pros
- work the national distributor relationship
01-29-2013, 12:52 AM - 1 Like   #156
Forum Member

When will customers of the brand be able to see as many Pentax cameras and lenses in markets and shops as Canons and Nikons, that's the one and only question I'd like to ask them.
01-29-2013, 01:01 AM - 1 Like   #157
Veteran Member

How about another K-5 update that looks at manual video/audio settings and faster shutter speeds or override when using flash.

01-29-2013, 02:17 AM   #158
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nezih Quote
Pentax cameras and lenses in markets and shops
Hello nezih, I remember you from the other Pentax site. I agree with you, I'd like to see some push and shove in the marketing department. And bring back some of the 'A' series primes for the traditionalists, to use on their new, old-styled MX-D.

Regards
01-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #159
arv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A bit off topic, but anyway: Maybe someone can ask Sigma, whether the updated 30mm f1,4 will be available in K mount? It is not included into their press release. Funny - they promise FF 35mm f1,4, but not APS-C dedicated 30mm f1.4 .

A.
01-29-2013, 02:48 AM - 1 Like   #160

Could you please ask them to deliver my following wishlist next year. ;-)

1. K02 with a viewfinder and a better (MX or K5 like) design
2. An affordable 400mm 5,6 lens - for less then 1.200 Euros
3. The perfect K5II as FF mirrorless FF with great focus peaking abilities for all my mf lenses.
01-29-2013, 03:39 AM - 1 Like   #161
Inactive Account

Just one question: when do you plan to hire some guys and set up a marketing department within your organization?
01-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #162
Forum Member

My question is: where is my ***** FF? Stop talking, just give it to us!!
01-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #163

I would like to see security technology built into the camera grip to assure that no unauthorized person can use it. A system much like that found on some laptop computers. It should lessen the temptation of the casual thief to select a Pentax to steal.
01-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #164
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dbaird Quote
I would like to see security technology built into the camera grip to assure that no unauthorized person can use it. A system much like that found on some laptop computers. It should lessen the temptation of the casual thief to select a Pentax to steal.
Sounds like a good idea until you consider that even those of us with modest to no LBA have more invested in lenses than bodies...
01-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #165

Missing tripodcollar for the K SMC 300mm F4 no more

Hello pentaxforums,

Thanks for your suggestion to formulate questions for your upcoming interview.
I have one, but I can’t possible oversee the will from Pentax to answer.
I have another one, but that concerns inquiry after the date when Pentax start to produce full frame camera’s. Let me start only my first question, the second one is allready on the plate of Pentax…

It concerns the K SMC 300mm F4 lens. Indeed, an old one. But according to what Pentax allways claimed: a lens that will fit on all K-version camera’s, now and in future. Thus… a lens still very usefull in our modern days!
That lens weights 1020 gramms, not easy to keep it free from motions, but is has no tripod collar. I made one myself, a good one, from 20mm hardened aluminium. The ring goes all around the barrel, on that spot of the barrel wich is fixed. There is only small place, maybe 2 cm, but I succeeded in machining a ring wich fits exactly all around it: with a window to show the distance scale and the d.o.f. scale.

Again: my question concerns the K SMC 300mm F4: for what reason did Pentax never made this lens included with a tripodcollar, as Pentax did for the M SMC 400mm F5.6, and other lenses. This 300mm lens was never complete!
The 400mm weights 1200 gramms, but that lens has indeed a collar!

pentaxior
Closed Thread