Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 178 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
3. Indication as to whether the full frame will be able to make use of the old FF glass we have been holding onto
Yes, and what about compatibility with DA and DA* glass that covers the FF circle (basically every prime from 31mm and up). DA FF compatibility is about argued incessantly.

01-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Can You Share Anything about the FF Model Yet?

Can Pentax share anything about the FF model yet?

Surely it will have in-body image stabilisation, right?

Will the crop mode for APS-C lenses be automatic or will the user be given a choice?

Will the viewfinder black out parts outside the APS-C frame in crop mode, or is Pentax thinking about providing a rangefinder-like experience?
01-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #93
Veteran Member

What's the status with 16 85? Is it a 2.8-4? Any macro function?
01-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1. DA Limited Zoom
2. 1.4 tc
3. Flagship APS-C
4. 400mm lens?

01-21-2013, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #95
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
I'm really curious about any information on the successor of the K-5 (II)(s):
- Will it have a flip-out screen?
- What will the design be like?
- What AF improvements can we expect?
- Will I drool on it?
- Will it finally make my pictures better?

(last 2 are not so serious )
01-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #96
Veteran Member

- WR Q in the future ?
- What about Limited primes for the Q ?
- Are there any plans for a monochrome camera ?
01-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Any plans for a Anime related Q10 release, with matching lens? And if so, will they be available outside the Home Islands?

01-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #98
Pentaxian

Are you talking about this?
????????PENTAX Q10 ????????????????????????????? - ??????????by????????
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM - 1 Like   #99

Pentax is famous for their high quality prime lenses and weather sealing. The current options for a 50mm equivalent lens are the 31/1.8 and the 35/2.4. The former is 12 years old and does not have weather sealing, and it's not a cheap lens by any means. The latter does have weather sealing but is rather slow, and it's plastic. Fuji has shown that it is very much possbible to make a relatively small but high performing 35/1.4 lens at an affordable price. Are there any plans to continue the trend started with the 55/1.4; can we expect a DA STAR 35/1.4 or f/1.8 lens?
01-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a couple of suggestions that I would like to toss in...
  • Both Sony and Hasselblad have developed capabilities that Pentax appears to already have base capabilities that could be extended thus allowing easy replication. Sony's "anti-motion blur" mode, and Hasselblad's 200MP from a 50MP sensor. It appears that with the inbody stabilization it would be easy to replicate the sensor movement (half pixel in all directions) to capture additional frames in order to increase the current 16MP sensor to 64MP, especially considering the removal of the AA filter.
  • Warranty Repair - CRIS when repairing bodies & lenses appears to run short of parts, and thus repairs need to wait for parts from Japan. Would in be possible to increase the parts inventory for CRIS?
  • Tethering - It would be very easy to provide a Tethering API. There is already a third part Tethering capability that works very well. I could work even better, if there was a stable API available for use.
  • Pentax has excellent support for manual lenses. What would be nice would be a lens selection list that could be entered before hand, and then upon start-up, immediately query the focal length as you currently do. However, immediately after this, provide a lens list that can be selected from. Upon selection, have this information entered on to each of the image's EXIF Metadata information for post processing.
  • With the announcement of the K5IIs, it would have been nice to have some Pentax supported engineering based whitepapers explaining some of the capabilities of the removal of the AA filter, especially concerning the quality of the lenses necessary to use it to its fullest potential. This would also be an excellent marketing tool.
  • Focus Stacking
  • Any plans to re-institute the Pentax Museum? It would be nice to have somewhat of a traveling museum in NA, Europe, Australia and Asia.
  • Integrate some of the capabilities of CHDK into the bodies, like lightening detection.

01-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #101
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Warranty Repair - CRIS when repairing bodies & lenses appears to run short of parts, and thus repairs need to wait for parts from Japan. Would in be possible to increase the parts inventory for CRIS?
As this is an interview with Pentax Japan, US-specific questions will not be asked. I can bring things like as this up when I speak with Pentax in the US.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
For the sake of readability of this thread, please don't suggest "will there be a full-frame?"
Can we ask about a more specific timeline or any specifications they can give us?
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #103

We surely know that Pentax is a good company that create a lot of brilliant cameras and lens, but there are still many people have never heard of Pentax. I live in Hong Kong and none of my parents and friends know Pentax although they know Canxx, Sxxy, Nikxx, etc, since their products are frequently shown in TV and can be easily bought in several outlets nearby, but Pentax's don't.
So, I want to ask is that "Would Pentax like to put more efforts in promoting its brand/ making itself be more well-known in overseas markets like Hong Kong, such as planning more promotions and providing more outlets that sell Pentax's products ?"
01-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #104
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just a week to go... Let's hope our dreams will be fulfilled!
01-23-2013, 01:52 AM - 2 Likes   #105

Photos: Gallery
That would be interesting to have a word about why new lenses are often slower than their previous iteration (I'm thinking DA 35 f/2.4 and DA 50 f/1.8). This is a bit embarassing as not only we must shoot at higher ISOs to compensate, and we loose DoF (when APS-C already robbed us of a factor 1.5).
Closed Thread