Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PentaxForums at CP+ 2013, Interview Question Suggestions

PF is going to be at the upcoming CP+ show (1/31-2/3) and it is quite likely that we will be interviewing Pentax there, just like we did last year. You can expect to see in-depth reporting and footage from the show on our homepage. There will be more videos this time!

At the show we expect to see a number of new items, including an SDM teleconverter, a new DA* zoom, a Q pinhole lens, and a Ricoh camera, though none of these have been confirmed or announced yet. There could also be other cameras. Press releases are generally posted a little under a week before the start of the show. We will definitely see the MX-1 and the new 360 II flash which has already been shown at CES.

Just like at Photokina, we will be giving Pentax a report containing the latest feedback from the community. We will also be asking a handful of user-submitted questions during the interview, so here's your chance to submit potential questions!

For the sake of readability of this thread, please don't suggest "will there be a full-frame?" as that question has already been asked and answered (yes, you can expect to see a Pentax full-frame in the future). Anything else is fair game. If you like a question that someone else has suggested, click on the like icon within that post. We will include 3 of the 5 questions with the most likes in the interview.

Edit: please continue discussion here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/213544-cp-interview-qu...follow-up.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-15-2013, 09:48 PM - 6 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-01 is a winner but lacks support to grow. Can there be another XS lens or two based on existing optics? And the LCD from the MX-1 wouldn't hurt, either.
01-15-2013, 09:49 PM - 3 Likes   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by squareeyes Quote
K-01 is a winner but lacks support to grow. Can there be another XS lens or two based on existing optics?
+1. The K-01 is a true winner but it lacks a successor (or an update). It also lacks new XS lenses, which could be derived from existing Pentax pancake lenses.
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

Can we get a K-01 + MX-1 lovechild?

01-15-2013, 10:02 PM - 10 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

Will Pentax increase the AF focus points and the ability to AF-C in the near future?
01-15-2013, 10:16 PM - 1 Like   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
K-3 info is the only thing I am waiting for.
01-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I thought about it for quite a while. The lack of FF announcement has killed my desire to invest in anything K-mount. I cannot think of anything I want to buy. I will use my K-5 and lenses until I decide on which FF body to buy. If my K-5 exploded today, I would by a D800 and sell my K-mount gear..

01-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Any future plans for other TCs?

Any chance of expanding their super telephoto range.. 800mm maybe or faster versions... 300mm F2.8?

FPS and number of AF points?
01-15-2013, 10:28 PM - 8 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

How does Pentax plan to improve their flash system?
The AF360 FGZ II has been announced, but does it bring any significant advancements in Build quality, weather sealing, improved P-ttl flash, faster Sync speed as well as wireless options?
01-15-2013, 10:29 PM - 8 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does Pentax have plans for an overhaul of the flash system? Specifically, plans to raise the max sync speed, at least in their top tier DSLRs; and the ability to control "zones" or "groups" of off camera flashes, not just channels which are only used when shooting with other photographers.

Follow-up: Will we ever see a custom menu option to allow the camera's flash to fire above the max sync speed without a HSS flash on the hotshoe?
01-15-2013, 11:24 PM - 6 Likes   #11
Veteran Member

Is Pentax aware of the numerous reports of SDM failures, with many users reporting two and three SDM repairs on the same lens? Does Pentax plan to improve the SDM design and will they stand behind their SDM lenses with multi-year warranties as other manufacturers do?
01-15-2013, 11:37 PM - 4 Likes   #12
Zav
Pentaxian

Is there a GRDV coming soon? What about the K mount module for the GXR?
01-15-2013, 11:39 PM - 3 Likes   #13

If none are announced at CP+, can we expect some (D)FA lenses in 2013? If so, what kind of class can we expect? Will there be "normal" ones, or */limited are also planned?
01-16-2013, 12:20 AM - 5 Likes   #14
Veteran Member

How about releasing some kind of firmware so broken SDM lenses can be used as screwdrive lenses?
01-16-2013, 01:11 AM - 5 Likes   #15
Veteran Member

Expected launch of a fast Q mount wide angle prime; I'm really waiting for it.
DA versions of legendary high end lenses like A*1.8 135 mm and FA 200 macro, FA 250-600...; same optical formula can be kept, development cost should be minimal...
What about the APS-C K5 successor (K3 ?)
Closed Thread