Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 178 Likes Search this Thread
01-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How about some kind of full 360° view camera?

Screw FF, 360 is where it is at.

01-16-2013, 01:22 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Banned

Is there anything to expect in the K-5/K-5II firmware pipeline that's going to be significant? Anything that will benefit the original K-5?

Will the DA* zooms be replaced?

Any fast, wider angles, possibly WR? Somthing like a 24 F2 and for the normal, a fast 35?
01-16-2013, 01:27 AM - 4 Likes   #18
Banned

Well ask them what they have done with the lenssurveyreport we presented at PhotoKina?
  • Full Frame, never stop asking.
  • A long fast lens for sports. Either making one from Pentax (DA*135-270mm/f2.8 or DA*300mm/f2.8) or working with Sigma to get the 120-300mm/f2.8 in K-mount.
  • Mirrorless K-mount. Is it ending or is there a future?
  • Salesstart for the 560mm/f5.6 lens?
01-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Salesstart for the 560mm/f5.6 lens?
End of January in the US, dunno about Europe but I'd expect it to be in the same ballpark.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-16-2013, 01:49 AM - 3 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

- The new flash system of course. Will we see a successor to the 540 and which improvements/new features will this new generation have? I'm hoping weather sealing (I use my flash mostly for macro, and quite often in rain soaked rain forests).
- If they show that SDM teleconverter: check whether it's SDM only or will support screw drive lenses as well?

Products I would like to see:
- Primes on the Q system (as opposed to toy lenses). I'm hoping for a fastish wide prime for street shooting (similar to the DA21 on APS-C).
- Longer DA* glass. DA*135-400/4 (or f/4.5) would be nice, or a shorter f/2.8 starting at 135mm.

tx!! Wim
01-16-2013, 03:55 AM - 1 Like   #21

I would love to know when we might see some of the lenses listed for 2013 on the lens roadmap. There are a couple in there that look really interesting for me, and even just some info on apertures would be great. Particularly the tele zoom listed that looks 120-380ish on the roadmap.
01-16-2013, 04:03 AM - 2 Likes   #22
Veteran Member

PENTAX RICOH IMAGING @ CP+

QuoteQuote:
PF is going to be at the upcoming CP+ show (1/31-2/3) [...] we will be giving Pentax a report containing the latest feedback from the community.
Obviously, CP+ is the right occasion to present the petition to decripple the K-mount: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/200075-pentax-rico...-petition.html
At least 200 votes should probably be achieved until then.

QuoteQuote:
We will also be asking a handful of user-submitted questions during the interview [...] For the sake of readability of this thread, please don't suggest "will there be a full-frame?" as that question has already been asked and answered (yes, you can expect to see a Pentax full-frame in the future).
Q: In our last interview it was confirmed that a full-frame camera is being developed. You foretold that it would not be revealed at CP+ 2013 but that chances were high that we'll see one this year. Could you comment on the progress, the intended release date and the characteristics of this camera. Will it finally feature a "decrippled" K-mount?

PS:
QuoteQuote:
How about some kind of full 360° view camera?
Ricoh's 360 degree panoramic camera prototype | Photo Rumors
QuoteQuote:
Salesstart for the 560mm/f5.6 lens?
In Japan this seems to be February 2.

01-16-2013, 04:45 AM   #23

Any chance of updating the K5 with manual video control?

Also have they said anything about how they hope to differentiate their FF from the current line up? Apart from the anti moire algorithm thing of course.

Last edited by userage; 01-16-2013 at 06:49 AM.
01-16-2013, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING @ CP+

Q: In our last interview it was confirmed that a full-frame camera is being developed. You foretold that it would not be revealed at CP+ 2013 but that chances were high that we'll see one this year. Could you comment on the progress, the intended release date and the characteristics of this camera. Will it finally feature a "decrippled" K-mount?
I know the answer for this one.

"Laughs"
01-16-2013, 05:49 AM - 3 Likes   #25
Veteran Member

If you remove the AA filter from a Bayer sensor you improve image quality but only at the risk of moiré. Wouldn't it be more productive to move to a sensor type using a randomized array which greatly reduces the chances of unwanted artefacts, as Fuji have done?

(Or another question which probes the likelihood of Pentax using sensor suppliers other than Sony.)

Wifi and touchscreen controls seemed popular themes at this year's CES. Does Pentax intend to incorporate them into future cameras?

Last edited by mecrox; 01-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.
01-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Carlson was just intereviewed by Imaging Resources and said the following:

"JC: I can't say whether we have any plans for a weather-sealed strobe, specifically, but we are displaying a concept model for a flash here at CES. That's a good indication that changes are coming to our flash lineup. What they will include, we'll have to see in the near future." (Emphasis added)
01-16-2013, 07:16 AM - 3 Likes   #27
Pentaxian

Replies from tech support sometimes say things like "Japan HQ hasn't given us that information". In a recent Imaging Resource interview with John Carlson he also said that Japan hasn't given him information related to one question. Is Pentax Ricoh doing anything to improve communications between HQ and local offices?
01-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Replies from tech support sometimes say things like "Japan HQ hasn't given us that information". In a recent Imaging Resource interview with John Carlson he also said that Japan hasn't given him information related to one question. Is Pentax Ricoh doing anything to improve communications between HQ and local offices?
It's Randall S and John C that give that answer. Go read the interviews with the representatives of Pentax UK and you get the impression that they actually read the memos from home office in the UK.
01-16-2013, 07:21 AM - 2 Likes   #29
JPT
Pentaxian

One thing I'd like clarification on is whether they see a future for K-mount mirrorless cameras. The previous comment that the K-01 was a one-off could be interpreted in a number of ways.

I agree that it's not worth persisting with questions about future releases, like full frame. They are surely not at liberty to pre-announce products on the spur of the moment. You only risk damaging your relationship with them if you push too hard.

By the way, Adam, are you coming over to to Japan for this?
01-16-2013, 07:24 AM - 2 Likes   #30
Pentaxian

Will Pentax publish more technical details for software developers? Several 3rd-party products have better lens profiles, tethering, etc. for other camera brands than they do for Pentax.
Closed Thread