Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2013, 07:40 AM - 8 Likes   #31
Pentaxian

Here's my list (repeating some items)
- FF. Show them the poll result - while not representative for the entire customer base, the FF idea is quite popular with the enthusiasts.
- weather sealing everywhere. Flashes, compact primes (e.g. Limiteds)...
- SDK or open specifications for tethering/camera control. They could send it to me, and I'll make time to write an application around it
- "pro" lenses, with ring-type AF motors - offering reliability and speed; can we expect such products? Maybe together with the FF?
- what happened with the FA Limiteds, which were missing at Photokina?
- any decision regarding the K-01 type of products? Are they planning to follow it? How about the protruding lens prototype they displayed an year ago.
Thank you.

01-16-2013, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
A couple of questions/suggestions

1. Develop a lithium-polymer battery that is the irregular shape of the K-r or K-30 battery slot and has a higher capacity than the D-L109.
2. Make a DSLR in live view behave exactly like a MILC in LV, there is no reason not to offer people the best of both worlds.
3. Queue optional processing (highlight, shadow, lens distortion correction) so that if those features are enabled at capture time the RAW file is written to the disk and a file like an XMP is also written. Then later when the camera is idle, the JPEG is developed. If they could follow the XMP file directly, this would be a nice perk for RAW shooters too. This one is extremely low hanging fruit IMHO.
4. Have you made any progress on in-camera moire correction?
5. If they are going to pursue higher lens prices, they should at least give longer warranties than 1 year, especially on lenses with SDM.
6. Is there a WR standard zoom in the works between the kit ones and the DA* one? DA 17-70 f4 WR?

Thats all I can think of for this morning.

Have fun!
01-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
(...)
(...)
They were missing at the "Salon de la Photo" in Paris as well and also from the brochure describing Pentax K mount lenses and accessories distributed during the show.

Said brochure still includes the A teleconverters...
01-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Well, they should know we'll welcome updated versions

01-16-2013, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #35
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/212069-pentaxforums-cp...ml#post2242598
QuoteQuote:
I know the answer for this one.

"Laughs"
From the interview of John Carlson (did he laugh? )
QuoteQuote:
DE: I know we've asked this before, but the question keeps coming from readers so I'll ask it again: full frame. Back in October, Japan's Impress DC Watch blog published an interview with Pentax Japan's development chief, Toshiyuki Kitazawa. He was quoted as saying that Pentax was working on a full-frame camera, and had definite plans for a product launch in 2013 or later. Given Kitazawa-san's statement, can you make any comments about Pentax's full-frame future?

JC:
Only that Pentax has confirmed that yes, he made that statement, and it's an accurate statement. But as far as timing and specifications, we don't have any information to share at this point. It's an area we continue to study, and to look for a good solution.
It should be at least possible to confirm
- that the FF camera will use K-mount and
- that a 2013 release still is possible.

If this is true
... or - to state it more clearly - ...
to ensure that this is the case.

QuoteQuote:
Zackspeed (German [Pentax] salesman) mentioned in DigitalFotoNetz.de that it is not possible for dealers in Germany to order them new. Production seems to have ended more than one year ago. This seems to be more than only a break in production.

The Japanese brochure describing Pentax K mount lenses and accessories still mentions them (see pages 15 and 16). Whether this is only true due to old stock (e.g. the FA 20-35/4 and FAJ lenses were also featured there some time ago) remains to be seen.
01-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
5. If they are going to pursue higher lens prices, they should at least give longer warranties than 1 year, especially on lenses with SDM.
That's not directly to do with head office. The warranty for bodies and lenses bought through Pentax Canada is two years.
01-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you like a question that someone else has suggested, click on the like icon within that post.
This works best if we limit posts to one question at a time, so it's obvious which questions get the most likes.

01-16-2013, 11:09 AM - 4 Likes   #38
Veteran Member

My suggestion to Pentax: make a camera with a Tamagotchi inside that if you don't go out to take pictures at least two times a day it saddens and becomes ill. I bet it will boost your sales a lot and will improve the pictures of the buyer much more than a full frame camera.
01-16-2013, 11:43 AM - 6 Likes   #39
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Can we get something like a 135-400wr or a 150-500wr and maybe a wider one like an 8-16, 10-24, or 12-24 in wr to give a good range of wr lenses to compliment the 18-135wr in the consumer range of lenses? How about a wr version of the 55-300?

Last edited by VoiceOfReason; 01-16-2013 at 11:56 AM.
01-16-2013, 11:50 AM - 4 Likes   #40
Inactive Account

Try to get a Pentax executive or high level representative to come to the forum for a 1 time event to do an "Ask Me Anything" session.
01-16-2013, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #41
Veteran Member

My questions:

1) What are their future plans for the flash system? I assume they will be showing a Pentax 360 II there. A question would be, is the physical design they are showing final? I would like to know what else is changing.

2) Please ask if they could provide a menu override to allow a flash to fire at a faster shutter speed than 1/180.

3) I'm also interested in their stance on support for better video capabilities in their cameras.

4) I think everyone else has covered the obvious stuff as far as wanting to know about future lenses, the teleconverter, etc.
01-16-2013, 12:01 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know there are competitive-information limits - but - I'd love to hear James Malcolm talk about the conclusions he has derived from his evaluation of PRIAC and whether he has yet developed an integrated, long-term multi-channel marketing plan for the brand in the Americas, as well as his philosophies about out-sourcing versus direct employees and distribution channels and dealer terms.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-29-2013 at 06:38 AM.
01-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
Try to get a Pentax executive or high level representative to come to the forum for a 1 time event to do an "Ask Me Anything" session.
Horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?

QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
My questions:

1) What are their future plans for the flash system? I assume they will be showing a Pentax 360 II there. A question would be, is the physical design they are showing final? I would like to know what else is changing.

2) Please ask if they could provide a menu override to allow a flash to fire at a faster shutter speed than 1/180.

3) I'm also interested in their stance on support for better video capabilities in their cameras.

4) I think everyone else has covered the obvious stuff as far as wanting to know about future lenses, the teleconverter, etc.
I am interested in number 3 too

Would honestly like an update to my K5 for manual video control even though its an older model now.. I sent them an email to update K5, what do they do? Update K5 II :'|
01-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
My suggestion to Pentax: make a camera with a Tamagotchi inside that if you don't go out to take pictures at least two times a day it saddens and becomes ill. I bet it will boost your sales a lot and will improve the pictures of the buyer much more than a full frame camera.
It should be made of Legos and you have to build it yourself.
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM - 2 Likes   #45
Banned

I made 340.000 images with a large number off K-7/K-5/K-5 II camera's and I would like a new camera to have a faster processor. Is there one in our future that spins around the slowish PRIME II processor?
Closed Thread