Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #61

Photos: Gallery
- There are several lenses on the K-mount roadmap for '2013 or later'. Can we have more details regarding focal-length and aperture?

- When can we expect a DA* 8-16mm F/4 ? Ultra-wide is really lacking and the DA 12-24 is old and no WR.

- If not, can you at least licence the 11-16mm F/2.8 from Tokina and make a DA* or at least WR version of it?

01-17-2013, 01:39 PM - 5 Likes   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Questions:
1. Any updates on the lens roadmap? when is the limited zoom and DA* information available?
2. When will we see the 'under develop' FF available?
3. Is it possible to improve K5 AF speed (borrowing from K5II) via firmware update?
4. Is it possible to add Focusing Peaking via firmware update for K5, K5II, K5IIs?
5. Is it possible to allow manual video control on the K5, K5II, K5Iis like the Q/K-01, via firmware update?
6. Can PENTAX set up a webpage to allow user to vote for features they want to update via firmware update, just like Canon did?
7. When is Ricoh GXR K-mount unit available?
8. Any other APSC mirrorless plan after K-01?

Lee
01-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #63

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Questions:
1. Any updates on the lens roadmap? when is the limited zoom and DA* information available?
2. When will we see the 'under develop' FF available?
3. Is it possible to improve K5 AF speed (borrowing from K5II) via firmware update?
4. Is it possible to add Focusing Peaking via firmware update for K5, K5II, K5IIs?
5. Is it possible to allow manual video control on the K5, K5II, K5Iis like the Q/K-01, via firmware update?
6. Can PENTAX set up a webpage to allow user to vote for features they want to update via firmware update, just like Canon did?
7. When is Ricoh GXR K-mount unit available?
8. Any other APSC mirrorless plan after K-01?

Lee
I like all of these questions.

And did Canon really do that? Thats pretty cool
01-17-2013, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I know there would be several people interested in any new medium format developments.

I like the 25mm lens but have no need for the new 90mm. What I am highly interested in is any developments in the way of the 45-85mm ish lens on the roadmap. This is a lens that defiantly needs to be updated as a WR model. WR primes are quite limiting because you have to be changing lenses...

Also would be curious about a new 645D body. I would think they would have one under development for release in a year or so; my current body will be worn enough to be becoming a spare by then... Would be good to hear one is underdevelopment; sure they won't be giving out specs though.

01-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #65
kff
Inactive Account

a new Pentax Ricoh camera

Does it get new communication possibilities such as fast Wi-Fi, BT4, fast ethernet, GPS etc. ?

Was a project about new computational module with a big RAM and a big internal flash disk and processor like Samsung Exynos 5 octa or Tegra 4 etc. started ?

Can we expect module a bigger display/tablet with Android or W8 with photographical features such as hand grip (better with extend batteroes), tripod mount etc. ?

Last edited by kff; 01-17-2013 at 02:15 PM.
01-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
When's the update for the 645D coming? and the rumored 645 28mm~45mm wide angle zoom? and lastly, is a full frame 24x36mm sensor camera coming?
01-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #67

Questions

I'd love to find out what their roadmap is....are they going to release a full-frame and improve the AF so wedding and event photographers can buy in?

01-18-2013, 12:43 AM - 1 Like   #68
Veteran Member

The old Z1P camera had a nice strap with little pouches for the viewfinder cover and other small accessories, it would be nice if you would do an updated version for your new cameras with pouches large enough to carry the WR remote shutter, now that it can't be stored in the battery grip like it was possible with the K20D.
01-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #69

my questions

- Any smaller AF points on the horizon?
- Decisive improvements in AF?
- Zoom lense(s) - better if WR - in range "x" to 400?
01-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #70
Banned

I'm concerned about lack of good support for sensors smaller than 1/2.3".
Namely, Pentax has a long standing tradition of inventing really minute cameras and camera systems. The launch of the Pentax Q system has proven that they really think their legacy. Thus the natural question about to ask during the CP+ would be when Pentax plans to launch a camera system based on a 1/6" sensor, and go even further towards the future and further miniaturisation?
1/6" sensor is practically 8 times smaller in area than the sensor found in Pentax Q system, and it would allow unthinkable possibilities for Pentax!
Imagine: a camera that can not only fit inside your pocket, but could be practically invisible in hands. A whole lineup of 20 lenses could fit inside one pocket, together with a camera!
Hopefully someone from the development team could cast some light onto this proposition. Thank you.

Last edited by Uluru; 01-18-2013 at 05:00 AM.
01-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I'm concerned about lack of good support for sensors smaller than 1/2.3".
The BSI Sony sensor in the iPhone 5 is slightly smaller than that (but just slightly, I think).
01-18-2013, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #72
Pentaxian

Where is my DA Limited zoom?
01-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #73

In the competitive world of camera companies, it would appear, the company that delivers the brightest, biggest or whatever feature first wins.
Maybe it's time to deliver on something different. Why not look at the complete digital photography workflow to lead you into the biggest thing(s)?

Maybe a "Lytro" style sensor capable of capturing the entire depth of field at sharp levels. The sensor resolution becomes less of an issue as photos could be completely changed depending on the requirement of the moment and the post photo work would be through a Pentax approved or designed importing tool (like Adobe DNG Converter/Lightroom mix) that allows depth to be altered when exporting to a final format for post work. The camera(s) would offer only RAW shooting but the import would be DNG format for regular apps (works like todays importing) or full depth of field adjustment for more flexible alterations later in a new Pentax tool. The software is offered in basic mode for free with every camera sold. The software can be "opened up" with a medium and expert mode with more features and benefits through a simple builtin payment system. The software could connect to major printer services to allow the DOF photos to be printed onto aluminum, metallic stocks to enhance the DOF qualities. The consumer market, pro-sumer market and professional market would get exclusive access to the DOF features in varying degrees and the family of Pentax cameras now become more attractive to their existing client-base. The Pro-DSLR purchaser gets full access to all features, the compact to basic + features and the compact user to basic features only.

Exports to Pentax's online showcase (called DEEP) is free to all registered users of DOF cameras. The abilities to manipulate customers photographs using only a web browser, opens up and ties to 3-D, depth motion photos are linked directly to YouTube's services. Pros can push their works through extra DEEP services that publish amazing online galleries that allow photos to be opened up to paying clients and photographers are in control of the ability to alter their works based on clients needs. All copyright info/EXIFs are deeply embedded and non-removable naturally.

So imagine a semi-pro using a 24 megapixel imaginary K-9S DSLR with DOF features. The pro-sumer compact would offer the same DOF sensor (slightly dumbed down) for extreme portability. Same data format, same basic set of benefits, same family of equipment, same software tools used. The consumer pocketable version would have a smaller DOF sensor that opens the door to new clients or for existing clients with a need for extreme portability. The entire line emphasizes not only the capture phases of photography but the more fun side of post shooting. One photo with infinite possibilities. One photo that gives consumers and professionals alike the ability to manipulate shots forever after.

Digital technology opened up photography to more people worldwide than ever before in the history of film. Its conveniences are proven. The problems is that it only emulates an existing dead medium of film (apologises to film shooters / I am too). There seems to be static and motion camps and they differ so much. The moving picture/ DOF photo would literarily bring static photos to life easy but offers so much more when you look at the possibilities. We only need to let go of old standards to learn and play again. Your great grandfather saw the first photos produce, your grandfather saw the introduction of consumer accessible photography, your father saw consumer photography overtake professional photography, you see digital photography from all levels of cameras to cell phones and your child sees just captures of your life in constant motion. The static photo seems to antiquated now….

(living in my old fantasy world ;-) )
01-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #74
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cfugle Quote
Maybe a "Lytro" style sensor capable of capturing the entire depth of field at sharp levels.
I think that the lytro is doing a lot of things differently and it ends up with a very small resolution. What they could do with just a little bit of software smarts with any existing camera utilizing and AF lens is do a "focus bracketing" to step the lens from minimum focus distance to infinity recording multiple frames to cover the whole scene with focus on each plane. Then on the back end you can have some software that could achieve similar results with stationary subjects.
01-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Full frame?!
Closed Thread