Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The WG-3 looks like a walkie-talkie. And if all we see at CP+ are point and shoots, I want my money back
Hmm, I'm guessing there will be some fancier stuff other than these walkie-talkies

01-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Long distance Trekkers (Alpine hikers, Appalachian Trail through hikers and the like) care much more about weight than bulk. They consider 1 ounce worthy of thought. Time was, 65 pounds was my limit, including what I was wearing.
Thanks for the correction!
01-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #33
Veteran Member

I hope the image quality offered by the WG-3 will be noticeably improved over the WG-2. Right now, Oly's TG-1 and TG-2 set the standard for image quality among compact waterproof cameras. It would be nice if the new Pentaxes gave them a run for the money. While the styling of the WG series isn't everyone's cup of tea, I've never minded it. The important thing is, the cameras have been among the toughest waterproofs.

Last edited by Biro; 01-28-2013 at 09:34 PM.
01-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I've got the Olympus TG-1. I bought it because it has a lens that does F/2.0 at the wide end and it has image stabilization built in. For underwater pics, it does quite well. But something about the jpeg engine does not please my eye for the daylight shots on dry land.

01-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Better proofing is a huge selling point and two models will be good for brand recognition as WG-series probably is the most common in-store Pentax cameras, at least in Sweden.
01-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't think a fully sealed WG-3 with, say, 32Gb or 64GB built in would necessarily be a problem for consumers. I think the removal of removable storage from many pieces of consumer electronics, like tablets and smartphones, have got people used to the idea. I also like that Pentax seems to be innovating by using inductive charging.

But if it does have fixed memory wifi or bluetooth for wireless data transfer would be good. Especially if it also had DLNA for easy transfer to TVs and the like.
01-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Even with SD card and removable battery wireless charging and perhaps even data transfer is a plus. You lube the door and open it only every once in a while.

I like my WG-2 and am eagerly waiting to see what these cameras will bring besides SR and wireless charging. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for better image quality and manual control.

01-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #38
JPT
Pentaxian

I hadn't heard about QI before, but anything that standardises charging is a brilliant idea. I'm not talking about this camera, but all gadgets. How many chargers and cables do we have to carry with us these days?
01-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #39
Veteran Member

I think I finally know with what the WG-3 resembles ... the sole of a shoe ... I think I have seem those kind of patterns on the running shoes for kids .

Design wise, I still like the WG-2 better. I hope IQ wise WG-3 will be better ...
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Huh, that's surprising. I've always liked the color rendition in Oly's jpegs better than anyone else's. Especially the famous Olympus "sky blue."
It's more specific to the TG-1. I have an Olympus XZ-1 that always amazes me.