Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
01-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #16
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This thread is a follow-up to this one: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/212069-pentaxforums-cp...ggestions.html

Therefore, do you guys have any suggestions for open-ended questions? I have room for about 2-3 more questions in the interview.
GXR - will we see new modules this year?
GRD V - do you plan to produce this camera with APS-C sensor?

Last edited by ogl; 01-30-2013 at 12:14 AM.
01-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
GXR - new modules - where? when? which? GRD V - when?
This is an example of what we have too much of. I'm looking for open-ended questions, not questions about future products and roadmaps.

The vision suggestion is great- I'll be sure to include some derivative of that.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #18
ogl
Banned

This is an example of what we have too much of. I'm looking for open-ended questions, not questions about future products and roadmaps.

The vision suggestion is great- I'll be sure to include some derivative of that.
Changed. Is it OK now?
01-30-2013, 12:23 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Will Pentax increase it's production capability to cope with the demand? Some lenses, cameras and accessories pretty much becomes impossible to find, way too often.

Also, are they looking into making the release of new camera and lens models more seem-less? As of now there is often too much confusion with rumors of discontinuation with almost every new release, resulting in pretty bad hype of "the bad state of the company".

01-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I would also vote for posts #2 and #3:
- What is PRI's vision... (it can't get more open ended than that )
- unified branding, websites, products and service/repairs; for example, would they help dealers from smaller countries to up their game regarding these aspects? Pentax is losing ground, for the much more aggressive players...
01-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I also find vision, values and goals to be the most interesting questions so there should be a couple concerning it!
01-30-2013, 01:19 AM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Changed. Is it OK now?
If it includes the word "plan" then no, unfortunately

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2013, 01:40 AM   #23

How about something along the lines of....
I'm sure there has been a great deal of "settling in" for Ricoh-Pentax since the merger/buyout. I'm sure that everything hasn't completely come together, but it must be far enough along now to have a good idea of what the future looks like for Pentax slr cameras and lenses. All across the internet there is speculation that the aps-c format for dslr is going to disappear within the next few years. They say this because of the emergence of systems like the Pentax Q and many others along with more budget friendly full frame releases like the Nikon D600. Obviously at this point full frame is still more expensive, but the gap does seem to be narrowing. Pentax is obviously highly invested in the aps-c dslr. I am curious as to whether you share the view that we will see only full frame dslr cameras and mirrorless aps-c cameras in the future, or do you see a longer future for the aps-c dslr.
Of course feel free to reword that any way you see fit. It's really a where do you see the future of dslr cameras question. Pretty open ended I guess.
01-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robdewall7 Quote
How about something along the lines of....
I'm sure there has been a great deal of "settling in" for Ricoh-Pentax since the merger/buyout. I'm sure that everything hasn't completely come together, but it must be far enough along now to have a good idea of what the future looks like for Pentax slr cameras and lenses. All across the internet there is speculation that the aps-c format for dslr is going to disappear within the next few years. They say this because of the emergence of systems like the Pentax Q and many others along with more budget friendly full frame releases like the Nikon D600. Obviously at this point full frame is still more expensive, but the gap does seem to be narrowing. Pentax is obviously highly invested in the aps-c dslr. I am curious as to whether you share the view that we will see only full frame dslr cameras and mirrorless aps-c cameras in the future, or do you see a longer future for the aps-c dslr.
Of course feel free to reword that any way you see fit. It's really a where do you see the future of dslr cameras question. Pretty open ended I guess.
I really like this question. It will be asked!

Adam

01-30-2013, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

I would also like a question about how Pentax see their customers. That is pretty open-ended.
01-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I would also like a question about how Pentax see their customers. That is pretty open-ended.
+1!

OMG, that's a good one. I've been wondering about that myself. And I am trying to resist the temptation of answerring that question right away for them right here in this thread. Haha... Pentax is lucky in the way that: "Do you see your customers at all?" is not an open question.
01-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #27
ogl
Banned

I'm looking for open-ended questions, not questions about future products and roadmaps.

open-ended questions are the good way to demagogy IMO
01-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #28

I really like this question. It will be asked!
Great,

I look forward to their response. I have to think that they see that writing on the wall after the k-01 launch. That seems to be a camera that many people see the apsc sensor ending up as. On second thought I probably should have mentioned that camera in my question as well. On a side note, is there any chance of seeing more announcements after cp+ starts? I'm pretty disappointed in what I saw yesterday.
01-30-2013, 04:09 AM - 1 Like   #29

What is their view on fast aperture prime lenses? With the sole exception of the 55mm and the old FA limited lenses, they're all relatively slow; 35mm f/2.4, 21mm f/3.2; Canon, Nikon, Sony, m4/3, Fuji... they all have much faster equivalent lenses.
01-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #30

If and when we can see the full frame version of the successor of k-30?
Are there any significant problems in the manufacture replacement digital insert in millions still active analog Pentax DSLR?