Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #541
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Albany, NY, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 58
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote


Pentax FF announcement is imminent.

How do I know this? Well, after waiting and waiting, and waiting for Pentax FF camera, I've bought Nikon D600 yesterday. So, in next couple of weeks two things will happen:
  1. Pentax will announce 35mm DSLR
  2. Nikon D600 price will drop
Yes! Exactly what would happen to me if I bought the K5 on Amazon.

04-03-2013, 04:29 AM - 2 Likes   #542
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 9,201
Don't worry guys. The Pentax FF won't surprise anyone. They need proper standard zooms to go with it and these take time to develop and produce. I'm sure will have to make do with APS-C for a long, long time.

I'm sad to see people buying into Canikon FF -- they may never come back -- but I cannot fault them.

I hope there are many, many PPs still out there (PP = Patient Pentaxian).
04-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #543
Banned




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charleston & Pittsburgh
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,683
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
They need proper standard zooms to go with it and these take time to develop and produce
They are already out there. I've had the Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 since release date. That lens; and about fifty others in PK that are currently being marketed are in fact full frame - now.
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #544
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,267
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
They are already out there. I've had the Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 since release date. That lens; and about fifty others in PK that are currently being marketed are in fact full frame - now.
You'd be the first to criticize if Pentax went with FF without proper standard zoom.
So what is this? You didn't get your useless Pentax critic of the day yet ?

04-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #545
Banned




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charleston & Pittsburgh
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,683
Pentax K-01 Digital Camera With 18-55mm & 50-200mm 15423 B&H

Just an example of what Pentax did wrong. They marketed kits lenses which didn't work well (or effectively) with that particular variety of camera. IE- these two lenses have the dreaded drop below f5.0 factor that effects their autofocus use on the Pentax K-01.

I'd rather have Pentax come out with a full frame body all by itself than to market it with a lens which does not work properly with the camera body. Plus there's also the minor issue - what exactly is a proper standard zoom? Are we talking about also being compact or being of superior optical quality?
04-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #546
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,254
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Pentax K-01 Digital Camera With 18-55mm & 50-200mm 15423 B&H

Just an example of what Pentax did wrong. They marketed kits lenses which didn't work well (or effectively) with that particular variety of camera. IE- these two lenses have the dreaded drop below f5.0 factor that effects their autofocus use on the Pentax K-01.

I'd rather have Pentax come out with a full frame body all by itself than to market it with a lens which does not work properly with the camera body. Plus there's also the minor issue - what exactly is a proper standard zoom? Are we talking about also being compact or being of superior optical quality?
There wasn't K-01's double-kit. It's BHPhoto's kit.

K-01 with new firmware has very GOOD AF and rather quick.
04-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #547
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kaunas
Posts: 1,452
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Don't worry guys. The Pentax FF won't surprise anyone. They need proper standard zooms to go with it and these take time to develop and produce. I'm sure will have to make do with APS-C for a long, long time.

I'm sad to see people buying into Canikon FF -- they may never come back -- but I cannot fault them.

I hope there are many, many PPs still out there (PP = Patient Pentaxian).
Many Pentax enthusiasts, who would actually buy Pentax FF already have many FF compatible Pentax lenses.

For examle, although I deflected to Nikon almost a year ago, I still have three FA limiteds waiting for Pentax to release DSLR for them...
04-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #548
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 804
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Don't worry guys. The Pentax FF won't surprise anyone. They need proper standard zooms to go with it and these take time to develop and produce. I'm sure will have to make do with APS-C for a long, long time.

I'm sad to see people buying into Canikon FF -- they may never come back -- but I cannot fault them.

I hope there are many, many PPs still out there (PP = Patient Pentaxian).
Some month ago a design for a full frame 70-210 f2.8 zoom was patented by Pentax; apparently the full frame lenses are on the way...

04-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #549
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,311
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Don't worry guys. The Pentax FF won't surprise anyone. They need proper standard zooms to go with it and these take time to develop and produce. I'm sure will have to make do with APS-C for a long, long time.

I'm sad to see people buying into Canikon FF -- they may never come back -- but I cannot fault them.

I hope there are many, many PPs still out there (PP = Patient Pentaxian).
I migrated to a D600 and 28/50/85 1.8 G lenses, more than happy, but im still very much a PP I hang around, lurking, reading, agonizing, missing the K-7 body, missing the FA's... But im taking a lot of pictures.

My advice, don't wait for FF, get it if you need it, sell your Pentax lenses to fund, or save them for future, just make sure you keep taking pictures cause thats what it's all about!
04-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #550
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
I migrated to a D600 and 28/50/85 1.8 G lenses, more than happy, but im still very much a PP I hang around, lurking, reading, agonizing, missing the K-7 body, missing the FA's... But im taking a lot of pictures.

My advice, don't wait for FF, get it if you need it, sell your Pentax lenses to fund, or save them for future, just make sure you keep taking pictures cause thats what it's all about!
Yup. I have the D600 too. I use my K-5 more often, though.
04-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #551
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,004
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
(...) They need proper standard zooms to go with it and these take time to develop and produce. (...)
Do not dream too much for the first two lenses launched together with the rumoured 24x36 Pentax will be a 28-85mm f/3.5-5.6 and a 75-300mm f/4-5.6.

Not very complicated to develop and produce nor very appealing I am afraid, but those kit zooms will represent the bulk of sales.
04-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #552
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,075
Hum, is this a new rumor ?
I'd rather see the optically excellent FA 24-90/3,5-4,5 with DC AF and WR...
04-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #553
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,345
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Do not dream too much for the first two lenses launched together with the rumoured 24x36 Pentax will be a 28-85mm f/3.5-5.6 and a 75-300mm f/4-5.6.

Not very complicated to develop and produce nor very appealing I am afraid, but those kit zooms will represent the bulk of sales.
"Will be"? Do you really have some inside info, as IMHO it doesn't make sense to launch a premium priced camera with cheap consumer lenses?
04-03-2013, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #554
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,122
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
It has been shown...but, it's better than nothing?

Seriously, I think that if I would buy now K-5 IIs, it would mean FF news with in weeks after purchase...so, maybe..
Go ahead then, buy one. Take one for the team...
04-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #555
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,004
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"Will be"? Do you really have some inside info, as IMHO it doesn't make sense to launch a premium priced camera with cheap consumer lenses?
Remember me which kit zoom lenses were and still are bundled with Pentax's premium price APS-C bodies such as K10D, K20D, K-7, K-5 and K-5 II?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax cameras, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minikina 2013 vsl 01/02.06.2013 in Wiesbaden veraikon General Talk 9 05-27-2013 10:37 AM
Weekly Challenge POTW #251 27 Jan 2013 through 10 Feb 2013 Dr Orloff Weekly Photo Challenges 54 02-10-2013 11:59 AM
Weekly Challenge POTW #250 20 Jan 2013 through 3 Feb 2013 Douge Weekly Photo Challenges 43 02-03-2013 09:45 PM
PENTAX Introduces New K-5 II & K-5 IIs DSLR Cameras Versatile cameras feature newly d Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 18 09-13-2012 07:14 AM
NEW Pentax Lens Roadmap 2012/2013 oddesy Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 331 04-07-2012 02:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top