Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #76

Pentax Full Frame is the Duke Nukem Forever....... (for those who do not know duke nukem forever is the longest delayed game ever)

02-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Wow, all this, only from a name? You're good!
Hahahaha!! I take that as a compliment, thank you!
02-20-2013, 01:42 AM - 1 Like   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
some of you must think I'm trolling or something. The fact is I do stop buying products from a manufacture if I get burned once because I don't really have a brand loyalty and I can only vote with my wallet. (Obviously everyone's threshold is different in determine whether he/she has been burned so there's really no point in arguing that.) I understand why fans want K-3 to come out sooner rather than later and it's just in my opinion that it might not be the best move from business perspective. Anyhow, it's just an opinion and obviously not a well supported one here based on the comments and all the attempts to make fun of it. Either way, move on.
Well I actually do understand your feeling of being burnt. Selling something as "state of the art" while you know you've got a lot more on the drawing board is kinda sneaky. (Understatement XXL.) I mean, would you spend your savings on a K5IIs if you knew an even better version was right around the corner?

This would all be solved if Pentax would simply have a clear camera roadmap!! That would benefit us all, and eventually even Pentax.

Last edited by Clavius; 02-20-2013 at 01:47 AM.
02-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Damn, I just bought a Corvette Z06 and next thing you know they release a 457 Convertible - this when we all know the C-8 is coming out next September (I know it is. I saw the pictures on PentaxForums). Well I'm done. I'm outta there. Last time they burn me with a new model. And the C-8 isn't even built on a full metal frame.

[EDIT: OK folks - I'm adding a proper <sarc> tag].
You're trying to make it sound silly and sarcastic. But it's actually so logical that where I'm from there's actually a law prohibiting this. If I buy something and within three weeks of the sale a newer model or a discount program starts, I still have the right to return my gear for the old value and buy the new model, or the same model with the discount.

02-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by prometeus Quote
Pentax Full Frame is the Duke Nukem Forever....... (for those who do not know duke nukem forever is the longest delayed game ever)
And for those who do not know, Duke Nukem Forever was actually launched, in 2011

Clavius, making secret plans public is not an option. Not only because the competition would know how to react, and be able to make a product's USP obsolete right at launch, but also because of the Osborne effect it could generate.
What is suggested here is for Pentax to say: "wait, don't buy the K-5 II, we have something much better than that in the works". Let's get real.

Besides, who said the rumored K-3 belongs to the K-5 line? Your law doesn't apply.

Last edited by Kunzite; 02-20-2013 at 02:36 AM.
02-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The K3 has been rumoured since shortly after the K5 launched. I think we could all have a guess about it's core specifications and we'd probably get pretty close.

The main unknowns I would suggested are

- new body?
- more AF points?

There may be some fancy embellishments on top of this - maybe some kind of fancy OLED OVF overlay or built in wifi or gps - but basically we know pretty much what to expect as the most likely outcome.
02-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #82
Pentaxian

I am fairly certain the number of people who were disappointed by the very existence of the K-5II at Photokina 2012, as opposed to a K-3, greatly outnumber those who would feel "burned" by a K-3 now.

This April it will have been 31 months since the K-5 (nearly twice as long as the previous 16 month cycle). I would presume it is a lot more business savvy to cater to the current K-5 owners (few of whom I imagine went for the K-5II) waiting for a proper successor, as well as older camera owners, than those wishing to protect/justify their "investments".

BTW, why would Pentax, or any business for that matter, cater to those wishing to resell their equipment? Every second-hand camera sold is a new camera not sold by Pentax. Many software businesses, for instance, are at this moment spending millions figuring out ways to eliminate the second-hand market.

Last edited by Cannikin; 02-20-2013 at 03:23 AM.
02-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And for those who do not know, Duke Nukem Forever was actually launched, in 2011

Clavius, making secret plans public is not an option. Not only because the competition would know how to react, and be able to make a product's USP obsolete right at launch, but also because of the Osborne effect it could generate.
What is suggested here is for Pentax to say: "wait, don't buy the K-5 II, we have something much better than that in the works". Let's get real.

Besides, who said the rumored K-3 belongs to the K-5 line? Your law doesn't apply.
How does that logic work on the lens roadmap then? And how is the competition able to read the complete technical description from just a name? All they would know is that a new model is coming. You said yourself here, K-3 doesn't have to belong to the K-5 line. In fact, it doesn't even have to belong to the APS-C line.

A camera roadmap has just as many advantages and disadvantages as a lens roadmap.

02-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #84
AMOK

Maybe

Here what I can make out from abysmal picture.

March/April
Pentax K-tv
Pentax K-3n

June
645 D II

Just sayin....
02-20-2013, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #85
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AMOK Quote

March/April
Pentax K-tv
Hope they'll make it K-hdtv.
02-20-2013, 04:33 AM - 1 Like   #86
Pentaxian

I think it's safe to say that the new K-3 will have state-of-the-art AF performance, in line what was said in the last CP+ interview. At first I did not understand why they were, in the aforementioned interview, so firm in their wish to be #1 in AF, but I now think that a new body with this AF will be imminent. As was pointed out by a member on a Dutch Pentax forum, maybe they will include SR in the AF module as well (Pentax actually has a patent for a stabilized AF module), so that the camera can lock quicker to the subject.
02-20-2013, 04:47 AM   #87
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AMOK Quote

March/April
Pentax K-tv
Pentax K-3n

June
645 D II

Just sayin....
Open your eyes. K-3/K-3s
02-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #88
AMOK

Hey ogl

The top one sure don't look like it has a 3...... just sayin

maybe its K-tv K-3d early april fools magazine joke
02-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #89
Pentaxian

So, K-3 is going to be APS-C camera? Damn, I will have to buy Nikon D600 as my backup camera this spring then
02-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #90
Pentaxian

Hmmn, Sony have just announced the SLT-A58K with the new 20.1 mp sensor mentioned earlier in this thread (or, at least, a new 20.1 mp sensor). They've labelled it "beginner" and looks like its price is more at a K30 level.

Just wondering whether the day of the flagship APS-C DSLR with a price to match north of $1500 or even $1250 or so may be over and done with? From now on with APS-C we could be looking at what used to be called midrange with the flagship sales model of yesteryear shifted up to FF. No idea, of course: just wondering. It could mean that a "K3" in that chart is a K30 on steroids, not a K5 on steroids. It might not be easy for Pentax to issue a top new model for $$$ using the same sensor as one from a competitor costing half or a third as much. In the meantime the K5II stays on as the last blast of the Old School.