Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #901

Photos: Gallery
not trying to trumph you but...

there was Czech Kingdom before the Austrian Empire and so were other kingdoms and counties etc.
with this I really think this thread should be taken back to it's orignal topic

unfortunately, I have to close with an aknowledgment that there is absolutely no confirmed rumour that I know of with regards to Pentax and future cameras. All we have at the moment are few general level interviews. In fact the most official product clues are in the lens road maps, even those are subject to change, though...

so why don't we just go out shooting instead of speculating over thin air?

05-10-2013, 03:46 PM - 1 Like   #902

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I thought that is what Pentax has been saying all along? It's just the rumor mongers that keep saying it will be sooner. They do have a couple of lenses on the roadmap that might show the light of day though.
So I heard a rumor while talking with an anonymous Pentax official in Denver the other day.

They are actually going to come out with a camera that has an image sensor half the size of that in the current model, the K5IIs. Since they can cram more stuff into a smaller space, they have developed this new camera that will provide not 32 megapixels of resolution in a package, but 64 megapixels in half the size of current models.

This will enable a smaller platform, and now the only limiting factor in the ever decreasing size of cameras is the ubiquitous K mount. So look for the demise of the long standing pillar of the wonderful Pentax camera line, the K bayonet mount. This will ultimately be phased out in favor of the smaller K/2 mount, which will be patterned after the excellent big brother K mount which has had a long and wonderful run.

It is also rumored that Pentax will be producing an adapter for the new K/2 mount for a limited time, to enable long time Pentaxians who have substantial lens collections to continue using their coveted SMC coated glass. Additionally there is a new leans coating in the works, the SDUMC, or Super Duper Ultra Multi Coating, which will not only improve upon the performance of the SMC but actually make fantastic photographs for even the most inept shutterbugs.

All the great features that Pentaxians have come to know and enjoy will also be scaled down to fit the smaller platform. The large 3" LCD display will also be reduced in size to accommodate the new smaller size DSLR. At 1.5" it will not be a slouch though, as the 921,000 dot resolution will be doubled to 1,8423,000 dots. So even with a smaller screen size, with double the dots the view will be even better.

Dust on the sensor is going to be a thing of the past. The latest sensor being half the size will only be vulnerable to half the dust, and with the latest DRXXIIMCL Quadruple Supersonic Dust Alert/Removal system, most users will never even know there was dust in the camera to begin with.

Moire will also be no more. The Bayer Asprin filter is the latest breakthrough combining everything that the Bayer filter has to offer, along with the benefits of the Aspirin, completely eliminating headaches.

Additionally the SAFOX-X autofocus system will also be improved. It will be dubbed the SAFOX-XXX, and will work all the way down to -9EV. Being ultra accurate and sensitive, it will have 33 focus points, 22 of which will be the cross-sensitive type.

Look for even more extended ISO range, with the latest setting going from -64 to 9,658,635,487. Talk about range. Tripods will be a thing of the past with this newer, more expanded sensitivity.

High Dynamic Range is a thing of the past, as Ultra Dynamic Range will be implemented with Pentax's new flagship camera. This new system will enable 3D images to be captured, with no need for special glasses for viewing.

And get this.

The new 3D system will also capture smell!

That's right.

Smell.

Special sensors will absorb the various odors, and then record them in the RAW-STINK files the new camera will store when an image is recorded. The Pentax official (who asked to not be named) said this new system will record smells so accurately that users will be cautioned to exercise caution when using it, as some malodorous emanations may be strong enough to make one ill.

So blow your nose and get ready for the latest, most unusual thing to happen to photography in 100 years!

And don't worry about cost. Quality isn't expensive, it's priceless!

Oh, and in keeping with the latest model designation schemes, the newest model will be named the K2D (3D), and there are also plans to have a mountain climbing version, in Glacier White, with Rocky Outcropping Grey accents.

Look for it in camera stores this fall.
05-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #903
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
That's too late, the competition will beat them to market. Pentax is doomed...
05-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #904

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
That's too late, the competition will beat them to market. Pentax is doomed...
Now come one. Think positively!

Don't be like Eeyore.

05-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #905
Veteran Member

Last year the K-30 has been announced on the 21st of May, so there is still hope for an upcoming announcement.
05-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #906
Veteran Member

Jeeze. Now I feel like a dope!

I meant to type Sweden. But I was going from memory, and as I have never been off the North American Continent, my poor recollection of the European geography let me down.

Here, have some coffee!

So, any news of new Pentax camera releases out your way, in Holland?

And have the winter snows melted away yet? I passed through Iowa and Minnesota a week ago (May 3) and there had been snow. The news said about 8" (20cm) but in places I saw as much as 18"(46cm).

In may!
Quick, somebody get Racer X 69 an atlas....seriously, it's getting urgent.

(For the record, Holland is not a country, it's a province of the Netherlands - and the Netherlands is as much a part of Scandinavia, as Quebec is part of the USA)
05-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #907

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote

(For the record, Holland is not a country, it's a province of the Netherlands - and the Netherlands is as much a part of Scandinavia, as Quebec is part of the USA)

Now I really feel like a dope!
05-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #908
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Last year the K-30 has been announced on the 21st of May, so there is still hope for an upcoming announcement.
Internet sources who asked not to be identified have stated that based on Pentax's habit of announcing new cameras on May 21st we should be expecting announcement of a broad new line up of innovative and ground breaking cameras from the firm. An unnameable website is expected to begin a count down timer at any moment. Having been deprived of unsubstantiated rumors for more than 2 weeks, rejoicing Pentaxians are reported to be shouting in the streets in major cities. \unsubstantiated rumor \sarc

05-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #909
Veteran Member

Not just snow in Minnesota, but snow in Minnesota in May. The day before I was in Toledo and it was 84° and sunny!
It's Autumn here in sunny little Adelaide and we've had a week of 30 degree Celsius days and a raging bushfire in the Adelaide Hills that's burning down houses and threatening a national park. It's supposed to be almost winter.. not definitely summer.

Last edited by bossa; 05-11-2013 at 03:24 AM.
05-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #910

Photos: Albums
So I heard a rumor while talking with an anonymous Pentax official in Denver the other day.

They are actually going to come out with a camera that has an image sensor half the size of that in the current model, the K5IIs. Since they can cram more stuff into a smaller space, they have developed this new camera that will provide not 32 megapixels of resolution in a package, but 64 megapixels in half the size of current models.

This will enable a smaller platform, and now the only limiting factor in the ever decreasing size of cameras is the ubiquitous K mount. So look for the demise of the long standing pillar of the wonderful Pentax camera line, the K bayonet mount. This will ultimately be phased out in favor of the smaller K/2 mount, which will be patterned after the excellent big brother K mount which has had a long and wonderful run.

It is also rumored that Pentax will be producing an adapter for the new K/2 mount for a limited time, to enable long time Pentaxians who have substantial lens collections to continue using their coveted SMC coated glass. Additionally there is a new leans coating in the works, the SDUMC, or Super Duper Ultra Multi Coating, which will not only improve upon the performance of the SMC but actually make fantastic photographs for even the most inept shutterbugs.

All the great features that Pentaxians have come to know and enjoy will also be scaled down to fit the smaller platform. The large 3" LCD display will also be reduced in size to accommodate the new smaller size DSLR. At 1.5" it will not be a slouch though, as the 921,000 dot resolution will be doubled to 1,8423,000 dots. So even with a smaller screen size, with double the dots the view will be even better.

Dust on the sensor is going to be a thing of the past. The latest sensor being half the size will only be vulnerable to half the dust, and with the latest DRXXIIMCL Quadruple Supersonic Dust Alert/Removal system, most users will never even know there was dust in the camera to begin with.

Moire will also be no more. The Bayer Asprin filter is the latest breakthrough combining everything that the Bayer filter has to offer, along with the benefits of the Aspirin, completely eliminating headaches.

Additionally the SAFOX-X autofocus system will also be improved. It will be dubbed the SAFOX-XXX, and will work all the way down to -9EV. Being ultra accurate and sensitive, it will have 33 focus points, 22 of which will be the cross-sensitive type.

Look for even more extended ISO range, with the latest setting going from -64 to 9,658,635,487. Talk about range. Tripods will be a thing of the past with this newer, more expanded sensitivity.

High Dynamic Range is a thing of the past, as Ultra Dynamic Range will be implemented with Pentax's new flagship camera. This new system will enable 3D images to be captured, with no need for special glasses for viewing.

And get this.

The new 3D system will also capture smell!

That's right.

Smell.

Special sensors will absorb the various odors, and then record them in the RAW-STINK files the new camera will store when an image is recorded. The Pentax official (who asked to not be named) said this new system will record smells so accurately that users will be cautioned to exercise caution when using it, as some malodorous emanations may be strong enough to make one ill.

So blow your nose and get ready for the latest, most unusual thing to happen to photography in 100 years!

And don't worry about cost. Quality isn't expensive, it's priceless!

Oh, and in keeping with the latest model designation schemes, the newest model will be named the K2D (3D), and there are also plans to have a mountain climbing version, in Glacier White, with Rocky Outcropping Grey accents.

I really hope that all of these statements are fabrications, I would honestly drop Pentax if any of this absurdity were true.
05-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #911
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nick52 Quote
I really hope that all of these statements are fabrications, I would honestly drop Pentax if any of this absurdity were true.
Of course it is
05-11-2013, 02:20 AM   #912

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
It's Autumn here in Sunny little Adelaide and we've had a week of 30 degree Celsius days and a raging bushfire in the Adelaide Hills that's burning down houses and threatening a national park. It's supposed to be almost winter.. not definitely summer.
You have Al Gore and his Global Warming charade to thank for this!
05-11-2013, 02:22 AM - 1 Like   #913

QuoteOriginally posted by nick52 Quote
Shhh!!! It's not supposed to be public knowledge yet!

05-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #914
Pentaxian

You have Al Gore and his Global Warming charade to thank for this!
Please no politics, it will again degenerate very quickly !
05-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #915
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote

Allmost correct. Actually Holland is 2 provinces, there is north and south-holland