Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 146 Likes Search this Thread
05-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #916
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
You have Al Gore and his Global Warming charade to thank for this!
I doubt that he's personally responsible for the fact we've just had the hottest week in May for 100 years..

Last edited by Ash; 05-11-2013 at 04:01 AM.
05-11-2013, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #917
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I doubt that he's personally responsible for the fact we've just had the hottest week in May for 100 years
Though you do have to admit - politicians have contributed a considerable amount of hot air to the environment...
05-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #918
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Though you do have to admit - politicians have contributed a considerable amount of hot air to the environment...
Politics these days is dominated by tarts, bought and sold, who wouldn't know a real fact if their lives depended on it. Anyone who can't "read the writing on the wall" and who continues to play games with the life of the planet will eventually get what they deserve and I have no problem with that aspect of political life.
05-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #919
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let's move away from political issues and get back to the subject. We've probably worn out the discussion a few times over, but what else could there be in the pipeline other than the K-3/s and 645D II?

05-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #920
Veteran Member

Politics these days is dominated by tarts, bought and sold, who wouldn't know a real fact if their lives depended on it. Anyone who can't "read the writing on the wall" and who continues to play games with the life of the planet will eventually get what they deserve and I have no problem with that aspect of political life.
Lol. if only that were true. Round here what they get is a gold-plated pension, an agreeable income on the lecture circuit or from pliable sheikhs and a luxurious retirement home somewhere like Tuscany or Gascony, 1,000 miles from the scene of their crimes. The rest of us have to live here and clean up the mess they've caused.

My Pentax camera of 2013 would be a K5 plus better AF, faster and bigger buffer, reworked flash, wifi built in, a bigger and brighter VF if that is possible, better Liveview and focus peaking, and slightly higher resolution (it doesn't have to be 24mp) but with a DR and noise profile equal to or better than the original K5.
05-11-2013, 05:19 AM   #921
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
Allmost correct. Actually Holland is 2 provinces, there is north and south-holland
However in many cultures Netherlands are called Holland.
05-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #922
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
However in many cultures Netherlands are called Holland.
That`s true. Probably because those provinces were the most importent in our history. Both are coastal and therefore have the largest ports (and most inhabitants)

If you`re interested: Holland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , see usage.

05-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #923
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I doubt that he's personally responsible for the fact we've just had the hottest week in May for 100 years..
so that's where Spring went. We've had the coolest Spring in recorded weather history. 42 last night.
05-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #924
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
so that's where Spring went. We've had the coolest Spring in recorded weather history. 42 last night.
That's how it works, monochrome. If it's unusually cold in one place, it's unusually warm in another.

It's called Conservation of Climate. Climate is conserved as are matter/energy, charge, parity, etc. IIRC, it's the fifth law of thermodynamics. (The fourth was repealed some time ago by popular Internet vote - a stunning variation of crowdsourcing.)

I suspect most of you are hearing it here first .....
05-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #925
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
That's how it works, monochrome. If it's unusually cold in one place, it's unusually warm in another.

It's called Conservation of Climate. Climate is conserved as are matter/energy, charge, parity, etc. IIRC, it's the fifth law of thermodynamics. (The fourth was repealed some time ago by popular Internet vote - a stunning variation of crowdsourcing.)

I suspect most of you are hearing it here first .....
Oh now I understand. So that's why the global average temperature hasn't changed in 15 years, despite all the dire hockey sticks. What a load of crap.

Tell the Chinese and the Indians to stop burning coal. We'll burn natural gas and in five years we'll be exporting crude oil since we can't use all that we produce. We're already exporting raw gasoline for the same reason.

The whole thing is anti-capitalist jealousy - an interestingly ironic position on a Forum devoted to spending thousands of dollars on what amounts to wasteful ephemeral entertainment, demanding that a certain company produce certain products at whatever risk of loss to themselves there might be so that we can pursue our selfish pleasures. /rant.
05-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #926
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
Allmost correct. Actually Holland is 2 provinces, there is north and south-holland
Yes, but that's probably waaay too detailed for Racer X 69 this early in the morning
05-11-2013, 10:43 AM - 2 Likes   #927
Veteran Member

Now that we've finally come to the long awaited question of the difference between Holland and the Netherlands, here you go:

05-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #928
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Let's move away from political issues and get back to the subject. We've probably worn out the discussion a few times over, but what else could there be in the pipeline other than the K-3/s and 645D II?
I'm not sure earthshaking things are needed in the line. I do wish they would deliver on the roadmapped converter modern enough
to actually support autofocus.
05-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #929
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Now that we've finally come to the long awaited question of the difference between Holland and the Netherlands, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_IUPInEuc
Hahaha, very funny (and true)!
05-11-2013, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #930
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In a (possibly futile) attempt to steer this back onto topic and avoid a thread closure:

I really love my k-5, but if I were to buy a new camera in 2013 here is what I want:
  1. A bigger brighter view finder. These are not point and shoot cameras, I want to be able to see what I'm shooting
  2. A cleaner image with less noise at 400 and 800 iso. I know everyone says the k-5 is great at that iso, but not good enough for me. I want to be able to shoot at 400 and have it look like 100.
  3. Bigger dynamic range.
  4. More mega-pixels. 24mp is fine. 20 or 22 is OK as well. Why? Cause I want them.
  5. Focus peaking. Love this on the k-01, it needs to be on any new camera
  6. Support for tethered shooting. I don't think you can call a camera 'pro' or 'semi-pro' without tethering these days. it is just too useful.

Full Frame? Meh. Convince me I need it.
Faster AF? Meh. I don't shoot that fast, I'm old.
More FPS? Meh. 1 per second is way too fast for me.
Wi-fi? Meh, Stick it in the grip so I don't have to tote it around if I don't want it.
Dual SD cards? Meh. Buy a bigger card.