Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The Weather Channel said there was a 0% chance of precipitation this morning. So of course it has Rain/Snowed all morning. If it clears up in the next hour or so I might be able to get some shots in. The local weather guy said it was supposed to be sunny today...

Tomorrow it's supposed to be colder with snow in the afternoon, which probably means an all day snow event.
So, take a WR set up and go photograph the wet weather
(I should take my own advice, eh)

02-23-2013, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
So, take a WR set up and go photograph the wet weather
(I should take my own advice, eh)
I went to the zoo anyway...

By the time I was done with the inside stuff it was barely raining out. There was some guy there with a huge white Canon L lens all wrapped in plastic...
02-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm at work right now, but tomorrow I'm going to go downtown to the Auto Show and stroll around town with my new FA 135mm f2.8 should be fun!
02-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #19
Inactive Account

I went to the zoo anyway...

By the time I was done with the inside stuff it was barely raining out. There was some guy there with a huge white Canon L lens all wrapped in plastic...
By the time I got back from breakfast with my nieces, it was raining even harder.
So much for today. Maybe tomorrow will be brighter.

02-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Well I have thought off it today and made an image for this event. Maybe not all special for you, but one that is special for me.
02-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
Site Supporter

How many photos may I upload? I can't find the number for this World Pentax Day.
02-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lebjohnson Quote
How many photos may I upload? I can't find the number for this World Pentax Day.
QuoteQuote:
Starting on February 23rd you will be able to upload up to 5 of your favorite photos to the event gallery, which is linked below.
Pentax Forums Home - Pentax User Photo Gallery - Access Denied
02-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Is there something wrong with the upload engine? My uploaded photos looks soft and flat. Click through to the original image solves the problem.

02-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chesebert Quote
Is there something wrong with the upload engine? My uploaded photos looks soft and flat. Click through to the original image solves the problem.
The system applies some compression to ever thumbnail, however, the original (as you said) is full-size and unaltered.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I think it is much easier to start a sub forum on post your photo section to dedicate to wpd. So easy to up load.
02-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #26
Site Supporter

Camera set in the wrong date...

Hi Adam,
I have a question.
Yesterday when I was downloading my photos I realized that all my shots from saturday night and yesterday afternoon were in the wrong date, somewhere in 2047!
I guess a friend of mine messed with the camera date the other day when I was showing him the camera.
Would it be possible to enter the WPD?
Thanks,
Alexandre
02-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by amrocha Quote
Hi Adam,
I have a question.
Yesterday when I was downloading my photos I realized that all my shots from saturday night and yesterday afternoon were in the wrong date, somewhere in 2047!
I guess a friend of mine messed with the camera date the other day when I was showing him the camera.
Thanks,
Alexandre
You can fix the EXIF date of the picture with most photo editing software, I've fixed my images with Aperture several times after noticing that I had wrong date or time in my camera.
02-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #28
Pentaxian

I wanted to add this one to World Pentax Day because I took it yesterday with the K-5 II. Unfortunately, I didn't program my date and time and it rejected it. Oh well.

02-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by amrocha Quote
Hi Adam,
I have a question.
Thanks,
Alexandre
QuoteOriginally posted by traderdrew Quote
I wanted to add this one to World Pentax Day because I took it yesterday with the K-5 II. Unfortunately, I didn't program my date and time and it rejected it. Oh well.
If you're using Windows, right click on the file, select properties, and you'll see the metadata. Click on the date to pull up a calendar, and then you'll be able to select the correct date.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #30

Why is it that Adam always picks the worst days for this event? Either I have something else to do or the weather is terrible
Because it's a world wide event, so it's impossible to chose the best days for everybody

And if the weather's bad, try something new, inside your house/flat.