Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
World Pentax Day/Weekend Gallery Now Open!

The World Pentax Day/Weekend gallery for the Feb. 23-24 event is now open:
World Pentax Day: February 23-24, 2013 - Pentax User Photo Gallery

Direct upload link: https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/upload.php?c=43

Any photo taken this weekend, in your timezone, may be uploaded. Use the "upload" link at the top of the page. The upload limit is 1Mb per photo, and each user may upload up to 5 of his or her favorites.

Everyone is invited to participate in this event! World Pentax Day details:

World Pentax Day: February 23-24, 2013 - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

If you live in Denver, don't forget to meet up with Pentax at the zoo on Saturday!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
And don't forget, simply by participating in World Pentax Day you'll automatically be entered to win one of 3 Pentax M 50mm F1.7 lenses!

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
And don't forget, simply by participating in World Pentax Day you'll automatically be entered to win one of 3 Pentax M 50mm F1.7 lenses!
Donated by Asahi Optical Company?
02-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Donated by Asahi Optical Company?
Those m50s must be good for video on a FF camera. It can only be an indication that Pentax intends to launch a FF with excellent video. Soon!

02-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Just received my K5iis in the mail today. Must be fate (or a weird coincidence). Gonna be out shooting this weekend, for sure.
02-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

While I can upload attachments to my albums and the Forum, every attempt to load to this thread says my pictures are too large. Is this an exif problem again?
02-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

If anyone in the Los Angeles area wants to join us we will be meeting at Union Station at 10 AM on Saturday.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/groups/54-california-pentax-users/2290-wh...al-meetup.html
02-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
While I can upload attachments to my albums and the Forum, every attempt to load to this thread says my pictures are too large. Is this an exif problem again?
Large files will automatically be scaled if you upload them via the attachment or album system, but in the WPD gallery, the upload limit is 1Mb, so be sure to scale your photos.

Adam

02-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I suppose I will try. 'World Pentax Day' always seems to fall on 'Local Don't Look At Me Day' where I live, though.
02-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
If anyone in the Los Angeles area wants to join us we will be meeting at Union Station at 10 AM on Saturday.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/groups/54-california-pentax-users/2290-wh...al-meetup.html
Sorry to joint with you. I will go from Thailand to LA early of may.
02-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by suttisak Quote
Sorry to joint with you. I will go from Thailand to LA early of may.
You will be missed. I'm sure you will capture nice shots in Thailand
02-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #12

You will be missed. I'm sure you will capture nice shots in Thailand
Thank you crewl1, nice to meet you.
02-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #13
Site Supporter

Why is it that Adam always picks the worst days for this event? Either I have something else to do or the weather is terrible
02-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Why is it that Adam always picks the worst days for this event? Either I have something else to do or the weather is terrible
That's why it is a whole weekend this time. Just for you.
02-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
Site Supporter

That's why it is a whole weekend this time. Just for you.
The Weather Channel said there was a 0% chance of precipitation this morning. So of course it has Rain/Snowed all morning. If it clears up in the next hour or so I might be able to get some shots in. The local weather guy said it was supposed to be sunny today...

Tomorrow it's supposed to be colder with snow in the afternoon, which probably means an all day snow event.