Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
it will cook food for you
it will make any canon or nikon within 50 feet explode in the hands of their users
it will create an invisiblity cloak around you
it will shoot in xray mode
and, in dire situations it can be used as a grappling hook.
That will be true only with the 1.03 firmware.

04-19-2009, 12:10 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by welshwizard645 Quote
It has gone quiet here, and now the K20D is on sale.. I am sure that Pentax engineers are hard at work on the K30D/K300D for 2009

I've had my K10 for 10 months, 4000 shots which doesn't seem like a lot, coupled with the DA* 16-50 which has been idle for 4 months so I won't be rushing to get a K20d, so I am looking ahead to the next model....

What should it have?: My thought.....

I don't care if the sensor is APS-C or FX - IQ counts - as does demonstrable reliability of the CMOS 14.6 MP sensor

Modified body with enlarged and brighter viewfinder

Reliable AF performance, my K10D is fine in this area. Although better AF in low light would be advantageous.

As others have pointed out in other threads better AF should be coupled with 5 fps, and a quicker/better imaging processor...(multiple advantages here)

Why?
I don't normally print my work, although that might change, so MP count is not so relevant to me.
Ergonomically the *ist D and K10D are perfect in my opinion
Faster FPS and better AF allows me to keep up with the EOS 1D fanatics on the wildlife holidays
A large and bright viewfinder spits on a large LCD with LiveView any day, if I want to get low down I can use my Mamiya 645 with WLF.

Peter
I shot a wedding again tonight. The low light perfomance in AF was not good at all. I love Pentax, but they really need to come out something for us pros. Better AF, better low light performance. I'm hanging on and praying that they give us something in the next version.
04-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #33
Forum Member

Original Poster
I saw the title and thought that would be a sort of topic I'd raise...

I still have the K10D and the *ist D has been passed to my father, and I have 12 GB worth of CF card lying idle.....

Let's see what the next few months bring....
04-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by welshwizard645 Quote
I saw the title and thought that would be a sort of topic I'd raise...

I still have the K10D and the *ist D has been passed to my father, and I have 12 GB worth of CF card lying idle.....

Let's see what the next few months bring....
I'd give the CF cards to your father...

04-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #35

Im really fin with APC because of the wieght advantage... cant fit a full frame backpacking, and the extra money it aint worthit for me