Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #316
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Given the fact that the 645D is more of a field camera than a studio camera stabilisation makes a lot of sense - along with the weather sealing. Pentax has also talked about going mirrorless on the 645D to reduce mirror shake - but I also presume that by taking out the mirror and the pentaprism you could reduce the weight a fair amount as well? Also good things in a field camera.

You'd need an EVF and this might be even more of a culture change for MF than DSLR ones but you could make it really quite larger with the additional real estate of a 645 body.

03-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #317
Pentaxian

They talked about it more like "from a technical point of view, it makes more sense to build a mirrorless 645D than a FF", not like they're actually doing it. Just wanting to clarify (since anything these days can be made into a rumor)
03-27-2013, 03:23 AM   #318
Veteran Member

^ yes, true. The question is whether the technical advantage is good enough to not bother shrinking the flange distance and therefore changing the mount. It probably does for 645 but not for FF
03-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #319
Forum Member

So... what is happening? I thought the rumors had said an announcement would be made by the end of the month.

03-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #320
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lukelbd Quote
So... what is happening? I thought the rumors had said an announcement would be made by the end of the month.
To be precise: at the first day of the next month.
03-30-2013, 12:55 PM - 1 Like   #321
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lukelbd Quote
I thought the rumors had said
The operative word being rumor.......

And in this case it appears to have been an old rumor that mentioned a possible rumor from another site which was referring to a rumor from 2012 that in turn was a reference to a possible rumor that quoted the original rumor on the first site. I think.
03-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #322
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote

And in this case it appears to have been an old rumor that mentioned a possible rumor from another site which was referring to a rumor from 2012 that in turn was a reference to a possible rumor that quoted the original rumor on the first site. I think.
hehe

And yet some people will still confuse the word "rumour" with the phrase "official announcement"
03-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #323
Veteran Member

I thought it turned out the "rumor" was from guy joking on his Google+ stream to keep his friend from dumping Pentax? That was the latest "FF confirmation" :-)

I'll believe it when I see it...Pentax seems to be slow as snails creating anything new lately :-P

03-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #324
Pentaxian

Finally, a crisp explanation we can bank on. That means the world will look different when I wake tomorrow. It had better - I'm getting bored looking at 1-2 feet of snow on my lawn.
04-02-2013, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #325
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So, we're back to being prospectless again. Can't we recycle another rumor, just to pretent there's something on the horizon?
04-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #326
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
So, we're back to being prospectless again. Can't we recycle another rumor, just to pretent there's something on the horizon?
I know all that excitement last week and now nothing again.
04-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #327
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
I thought it turned out the "rumor" was from guy joking on his Google+ stream to keep his friend from dumping Pentax? That was the latest "FF confirmation" :-)

I'll believe it when I see it...Pentax seems to be slow as snails creating anything new lately :-P
The latest actual confirmation of what is to come was that Chinese shop that had been right last time, too.

The last confirmation of FF was one of the interviews Pentax gave.

I think that's good enough. What you guys really don't want is yet another stupid rumour. Stick to the stuff that's reliable.
04-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #328
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
Stick to the stuff that's reliable.
What we need are some good reliable rumors!
04-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #329
Site Supporter

What we need are some good reliable rumors!
Good reliable rumours, or just... something like this:
Sony Alpha SLT-A99 In-Depth Review: Digital Photography Review

Weatherproof full frame. At $2800.

On the, ehm, plus(?) side, the review at akam.no concludes that this camera disappoints at high ISO and dynamic range, so there's something for Pentax to take the lead with. Could someone please start a rumour to confirm this?
04-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #330
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Good reliable rumours, or just... something like this:
Sony Alpha SLT-A99 In-Depth Review: Digital Photography Review

Weatherproof full frame. At $2800.

On the, ehm, plus(?) side, the review at akam.no concludes that this camera disappoints at high ISO and dynamic range, so there's something for Pentax to take the lead with. Could someone please start a rumour to confirm this?
No need to start a rumour!!! It's been around for quite some time now!!