Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 58 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
The rebates on FA Ltd lenses are only if you buy a K-5IIs, so it may say more about that camera than those lenses. Interesting though: there has been discussion that the eventual Pentax FF will not be K-mount, which would be annoying for those with a stash of K-mount lenses. Could they be running out the FF FA lenses? If so though, why tie it to the K-5IIs?
this scares me. If they do go that route they better have an adapter that will allow uncrippled used of legacy glass. If not, then I will have to seriously sit down and see if I expand my Nikon system or sell it for the Pentax system. I know Pentax's build quality is substantially better, but how will be the features of the camera...

03-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #122
wll
Veteran Member

My main Concern !

Is that Pentax won't have a articulating screen!

If They don't it could be a major game changer for me.
I have lots of Pentax cameras and lenses, and a articulating screen makes taking some images so much easier. i would have to take a hard look at my system.

I purchased a Sony NEX 5n last year, and since then have barley used my Pentax cameras (I have more that 6 Pentax DSLR's), just because the articulating/tilting screen of SONY makes image taking so much easier.

I'm waiting, I love Pentax and their quality, but I think an articulating screen is very, very important.

wll
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM - 1 Like   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote

I have lots of Pentax cameras and lenses, and a articulating screen makes taking some images so much easier. i would have to take a hard look at my system.

I purchased a Sony NEX 5n last year, and since then have barley used my Pentax cameras (I have more that 6 Pentax DSLR's), just because the articulating/tilting screen of SONY makes image taking so much easier.

I'm waiting, I love Pentax and their quality, but I think an articulating screen is very, very important.

wll
I for one DON'T want an articulating screen. Something to break off, and compromise WR. I never use the screen for composing anyway. I can appreciate that some people may find it occasionally useful, but not for me thanks.
03-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #124
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I for one DON'T want an articulating screen. Something to break off, and compromise WR. I never use the screen for composing anyway. I can appreciate that some people may find it occasionally useful, but not for me thanks.
Maybe they can have more than one version? K-3a

03-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #125
Veteran Member

wll
I'm not understanding why an articulating screen is important on a DSLR unless you use it as a video cam quite a bit. If you're going to use the camera in LV mode, do you really need or even want a DSLR?
03-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
Sorry,but NO K-1

K-? 24MP New Sensor

K-5IIs 16MP = K-5 Sensor

K-5II 16MP = K-5 Sensor

K-30 New Sensor

K-??? 16MP = K-30 Sensor

No more Ricoh cameras.

Best regards

from another thread at dpr:
"5 new dslr,thisis nonsense"
"At the end of comming up news,we have 5 dslr bodys"
Sounds the most realistic to me, I don't see Pentax coming with 5 new DSLR in one shot.
But adding 2 new ones to get a 5 DSLR APS-C line is more plausible.

Also, in my crystal ball I see only one version of the K-3 (without AA filter), like the D7100.

About the FA ltd rebates, they are just anticipating the fact that a new bunch of people will jump ship once again and sell their whole Pentax equipment because no FF is gonna be announced.

That said, I would be surprised if there is no successor to the Ricoh GRD (but yes it could also be Pentax-branded).
03-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #127
Veteran Member

wll
To you may be... but many others don't want articulating screen... optical viewfinder is still preferred for professionals.

03-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
I'm not understanding why an articulating screen is important on a DSLR unless you use it as a video cam quite a bit. If you're going to use the camera in LV mode, do you really need or even want a DSLR?
Shots like this are made far easier with an articulating screen. The combination of low shooting angle and strong ND filter renders the OVF useless even if you could get your eye to it.

This is my long exposure set up.... as you can see my knees will thank Pentax if they ever come out with an articulating screen.

Last edited by twitch; 03-11-2013 at 07:38 PM.
03-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Shots like this are made far easier with an articulating screen. The combination of low shooting angle and strong ND filter renders the OVF useless even if you could get your eye to it.
Agree that it will be more convenient with articulating screen in this situation... but you a need a tripod and long exposure and carefully set it up in this situation anyway.
03-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
The combination of low shooting angle and strong ND filter renders the OVF useless even if you could get your eye to it.
One of the benefits of using a square filter system is that you don't have to fiddle around screwing in filters, I would just compose that shot with an angle finder - put in the filter, and take the shot.

Articulating screens make it harder to keep the elements at bay, besides if they did make an articulating screen and kept the body size of the K5 the screen would have to be smaller to accommodate for the articulating frame and hinge.
03-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #131
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I think it will be a big day for Pentax, I havent seen so many products go up on discount like this in a long time. Nothing like the week before a big reveal.

I just hope they release a FF finally so I can stop listening to the FF chatter.
03-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #132
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Any idea of dates for these supposed camera announcements?
03-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #133
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
In 13 when the Beast is rising.
03-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
There are already FX format capable lenses out there. Granted, there aren't enough of them that would cover all photographic purposes.
'all photographic purposes'

I guess a fast 100mm, and any 135mm are missing. Some fast ultra-wide primes are missing. Fast super-telephotos are missing.
03-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #135
Veteran Member

The most likely person to know would be the writer of the PhotoRumers article. But I give zero credence to someone who predicts Pentax will announce 5 new DSLR's at the same time.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote