Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #226
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was told in the summer there was a 24mp camera coming in about 6 months...he told me then that they were going to re-release the K-5 with some changes, so far that was true

03-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #227
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well I did give the lenses a good thinking. Pentax can also make a very logical step in creating a system with a FF model and just a few lenses. While everyone is talking about the lenses Pentax can actually descide to only deliver lenses in the range 20-135mm. It needs a good "kitlens" to go with the camera (20-80 or 24-100mm or so) a hi-class zoom (24-85mm/f2.8 or so) and a few primes (for wich the FA Ltd are there 31mm/43mm/77mm, and DA*55mm, 200mm and 300mm are on the market, so with one wide-angle 24mm/f2.0, 85mm/f1.4 and 135mm/f2.0) you really don't need more to have a complete system. Top off the line APS-C for wildlife and birding. With a system like that almost everyone can work with that and sportsphotographers is not a target.
Every event shooter with a FF Canon or Nikon that I've seen has a 70-210 zoom on hand. I think Pentax will need this if to be taken serious at all.
03-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #228
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by moray-eel-bite Quote
Pentax is about to release 5 new cameras...

What is my evidence for this... it's become apparent you don't need things like evidence to post crazy assumptions here...
Indeed. I would easily give you 2:1 odds against 5 or more DSLR's (or MILC's, etc., with APS-C sensors) being announced in the next month.
03-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #229
wll
Veteran Member

Why is FF Pro ?

I have seen many great images from APS-C sensors, why do many equate FF with pro ... in the hands of a professional, is not any camera a professional camera ?

wll

03-12-2013, 09:44 PM - 1 Like   #230
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
I have seen many great images from APS-C sensors, why do many equate FF with pro ... in the hands of a professional, is not any camera a professional camera ?
I think for the same reason in many audio recording studios Pro Tools and Yamaha NS10s have been predominately shown... because misinformed people have equated that with being a requirement to produce anything of value.

I tell you if the majority of the regulars moaning about Full Frame sensor based cameras actually spent half the time on whining about Pentax and Full Frame instead on actual technique and using their current equipment, they'd be better photographers and we'd benefit from not having the forums filled with their constant moaning about Full Frame. win-win.

The sad thing is.. you know even now that after Pentax releases their FF product, the same group will still be complaining about the platform's shortcomings.
03-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #231
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I think for the same reason in many audio recording studios Pro Tools and Yamaha NS10s have been predominately shown... because misinformed people have equated that with being a requirement to produce anything of value.

I tell you if the majority of the regulars moaning about Full Frame sensor based cameras actually spent half the time on whining about Pentax and Full Frame instead on actual technique and using their current equipment, they'd be better photographers and we'd benefit from not having the forums filled with their constant moaning about Full Frame. win-win.

The sad thing is.. you know even now that after Pentax releases their FF product, the same group will still be complaining about the platform's shortcomings.
mee,

I think you are spot on !

wll
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #232
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Yeh, go APS-C for portability and 645D for extreme resolution. Leave out the FF altogether.

03-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #233
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Yeh, go APS-C for portability and 645D for extreme resolution. Leave out the FF altogether.
Well, you may not want to leave out FF altogether, but for me it is not needed.
APS-C sensors are very good now and I don't print images larger than 13 x 19 or so.

wll
03-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #234
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
could this throw my lens acquisition plans right out the window? We will see... come on Pentax LXD!
Wouldn't that be nice. I had an LX and believe it was the best manual focus camera ever made. It also was the most accesoried camera Pentax has ever produced.
03-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #235
Veteran Member

I have NS10 Studio monitors and whilst they aren't meant to be Hi-Fi they are extremely good for monitoring transients and vocals - mixes done on these speakers have a knack of translating well onto most other systems. Of course mastering engineers wouldn't dream of using them for their purpose.

Re' Protools: I use Cubase 7, UAD2, Liquid mix, Powercores and Native plug-ins. Protools is OK for mixing but most of us who are musicians need music creation tools as well as the mixing tools. I only wish that Cubase had VCA mixing.
03-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #236
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Are we expecting (guessing?) this so called K-3 to be near the D7100/70d or more like a 7dmkII?
03-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #237
Pentaxian

But for a start you only need a few new lenses. A kitlens, a hi-end zoom and a portraitlens. That is something that can be done in a relative short time.
That's what I was saying - with 2-3 new lenses, they could actually have about a dozen FF lenses on day one (not including 3rd-party ones).
P.S. I'm still in favor for an APS-H camera!
And I still don't believe it makes sense to do so. A custom made sensor, probably costing about the same as a mainstream FF one? Why?
We already know what happened with the 4/3 and it's smaller sensor.
03-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #238
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Billium28 Quote
Are we expecting (guessing?) this so called K-3 to be near the D7100/70d or more like a 7dmkII?
In the same way that the K-5 was somewhat ahead of the D7000 I think people would assume the same will apply for the K-3 and the D7100.

However, the K-3 rumours which go back pretty much to the K-7 have been along the lines of a higher-specced 7D like machine. But of course the market has changed a lot in recent years. The presence of £1500 FF cameras probably caps the entry price of new APS-Cs at £1300 at the very most.

If the K-3 is an evolution on the K-5II - higher res sensor but that's about it - then we're looking at D7100 competitor and probably around £1000-£1100 entry price. If the K-3 is aiming at the top of the APS-C pile then it needs a general revolution rather than evolution - given the price squeeze from the FFs.

It doesn't matter that these FFs could be technically less capable than a possible high-end K-3. The very fact that they exist gives Pentax a marketing problem.
03-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #239
Pentaxian

I think about this idea of aps-h is, that aps-h would make better match(than FF) with aps-c lenses with better resolution and function, W/O crop mode...and ability to use FF lenses too... but it's not FF isn't it

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's what I was saying - with 2-3 new lenses, they could actually have about a dozen FF lenses on day one (not including 3rd-party ones).

And I still don't believe it makes sense to do so. A custom made sensor, probably costing about the same as a mainstream FF one? Why?
I'm pondering about FF more and more, but Still I think that next top model coming out from ricoh-pentax is APS-C..
03-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #240
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Agreed, but what could make sense would be to introduce both an APS-C and an "APS-H" crop mode for the coming FF camera(s), since several DA lenses seem to be "almost FF".