QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Bowmore 12 for me please.
So many Malts. So little time. Haven't yet sipped an Islay

03-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So many Malts. So little time. Haven't yet sipped an Islay
Macallan Islay is in my cupboard right now... with only 1/3 of it left... so tasty.

I'm really enjoying my Bowmore 12 right now, but I also have: Octomore Pinot 9 year limited, Auchentoshan Three Wood, Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams, and Jonnie Walker Black in the cupboard. The Cask of Dreams was a Christmas gift, its freakin tasty too, so smooth. I usually dislike everything I've tried from Glenfiddich, but this ones great.

Do you like it peaty? Have you tried Lagavulin 16 Year? I'm lucky, I got this lil place called the "Bothy" by my place (within wakling distance)... check their menu Whisky | The Bothy
03-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Macallan Islay is in my cupboard right now... with only 1/3 of it left... so tasty.

I'm really enjoying my Bowmore 12 right now, but I also have: Octomore Pinot 9 year limited, Auchentoshan Three Wood, Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams very nice, and Jonnie Walker Black in the cupboard. The Cask of Dreams was a Christmas gift, its freakin tasty too, so smooth. I usually dislike everything I've tried from Glenfiddich, but this ones great.

Do you like it peaty? and aromatic, smoky Have you tried Lagavulin 16 Year? no I'm lucky, I got this lil place called the "Bothy" by my place (within wakling distance)... check their menu Whisky | The Bothy
Oh boy. Here we go. [EDITED for brevity]

[EDIT again. My apologies in advance for inadvertently causing the hijack of this thread as you will see when you read on. I am verklempft. Talk amongst yourselves.]

There is one place - Llewellyn's - we can drive to that is an outing. We can "meet in Wales" because my wife the Cameron reminds me that 1/16 does not a Sept justify, and even that is lowland. I rebut with the Protestant Episcopacy, we shake, and hae a Blue Moon.

Let me think. Scotch is a solitary pursuit unless my brother-in-law is here. I'm (like everything else here) comparatively a pretender and nowhere near as devoted and experienced as you. (I mean that truthfully). I will take your aforemetioned recommendations under consideration.

So many fine old stills have been closed or sold to Diageo and M&H that it's less fun now. 25 years ago Bill H piped my mother-in-law out and passed around the Macallan. It has since been my choice, save the rare dram of Laphroaig.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-14-2013 at 03:04 PM.
03-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh boy. Here we go.
I am suburb-bound,. Neighborhood places are for sports. There is one place - Llewellyn's - we can drive to that is an outing. We can "meet in Wales" because my wife the Cameron reminds me that 1/16 does not a Sept justify, and even that is lowland. I rebut with the Protestant Episcopacy, we shake, and hae a Blue Moon. They claim to have on call 78 Single Malts and there are tales told throughout a certain segment of the cool kids that only 7 men have had them all.

Let me think. Scotch is a solitary pursuit unless my brother-in-law is here. I'm (like everything else here) comparatively a pretender and nowhere near as devoted and experienced as you. (I mean that truthfully). I will take your aforemetioned recommendations under consideration.

A Dalmore is on my bucket list, but that's about as likely as that A*1200 that was on eBay. So many fine stills have been sold to Diageo and M&H that it's less fun now. 25 years ago Bill H piped my mother-in-law out and passed around the Macallan. It has since been my choice, it was special but it is now a "brand."

My father raised me on Red Label, but truth be told (according to my grandfather) the real family sippin' whisky is distilled from corn back the holler.
Scotch is for me and a drinking buddy but devoted we are not lol

03-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm really enjoying my Bowmore 12 right now, but I also have: Octomore Pinot 9 year limited
What sort of cameras are these? I hear they make things rather blurry.
03-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
What sort of cameras are these? I hear they make things rather blurry.
Haha indeed! I have banned myself from shooting film while partaking for that very reason. I just get the roll back am wondering what happened to all of these great shots I thought I took
03-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #82
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bowmore is entry-level (K-300?) Islay. Lagavulin (K-30) and Laphroaig (K-5II) are leagues ahead. If the K-3 lives up to Laphroaig's Quarter Cask then I'm up for it.
The Speysides and Highland malts can go to the Canikon shooters....

03-14-2013, 03:38 AM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Bowmore is entry-level (K-300?) Islay. Lagavulin (K-30) and Laphroaig (K-5II) are leagues ahead. If the K-3 lives up to Laphroaig's Quarter Cask then I'm up for it.
The Speysides and Highland malts can go to the Canikon shooters....
Sandy, I'm starting to form an image of how you may have rolled your ankle at Womad last weekend!

And to all others who have moved to discussion of favorite tipples, the K-3 speculation has obviously exhausted itself for a little while at least. There is clearly an immense community of frustrated product designers within the forum's membership, that's clear from reading this thread from one end to the other. Suggestion: change your names by deed poll to Marc Newson and give Pentax HQ a call!

Last edited by southlander; 03-14-2013 at 03:46 AM.
03-14-2013, 04:16 AM - 1 Like   #84
Pentaxian

Can you drinkers just get a room and leave us with our Pentax vapour
03-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #85
Pentaxian

Shure... Which rhum do you mean...

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Can you drinkers just get a room and leave us with our Pentax vapour
03-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #86
Pentaxian

No no! Just change the name of the thread! This was much more interesting.
03-14-2013, 04:41 AM - 1 Like   #87

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
No no! Just change the name of the thread! This was much more interesting.
To
"Pentax wants to hear what you drink"
?
03-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #88
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Sandy, I'm starting to form an image of how you may have rolled your ankle at Womad last weekend!
At the risk of appearing humourless, your image would be incorrect. I was jogging, in the dark, carrying three camera bodies and a swag of lenses, and failed to see a precipitous kerb. Shit happens, even without alcohol

I save my single malt experiences for the home.

Anyway, I would suggest whisky is more interesting to talk about than this speculation about yet-to-be released camera bodies and whether we will like them or not. What will be, will be. We will either choose to buy them, or not. PRIC will either live or die by their decisions.
03-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
To
"Pentax wants to hear what you drink"
?

I bet that would be useful information for them when they're designing the next generation SR.
03-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I would suggest whisky is more interesting to talk about than this speculation about yet-to-be released camera bodies
Amen

Some great names/brands thrown around - I'll throw my fave out there - Glen Morrangie - And for a special treat they have a port cask finish version that is hard to find but has fruity bouquet/aromas.
Closed Thread