Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 44 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2013, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
At least the K-01 was different from the jelly-mould crop of cameras we have nowadays.

03-18-2013, 02:50 AM - 2 Likes   #212
Veteran Member

I love my K-01. A keeper. But if Pentax obsoletes the K-5 IIs... and it gets a lot cheaper, like the K-01 sale price... ooohh... tempting. Will stay tuned to this one!

Also, re the K-01 design. I'm 69, and, i must tell you, thought that the Nikon SLRs were very ugly when they came out back in the '60s. I STILL think that 'traditional' DSLR design is, well, ugly. My God, you had far better industrial design on the Kodak Brownie 'Art Deco' and Hawkeye models, way back when.

To me, the K-01 is a breath of fresh air. Visually and ergonomically, it's a pleasure. If I were Pentax, I'd keep it in production as an expensive co-branded style leader... working with Louis Vuitton, Prada, Lamborghini (yellow!)... all the usual suspects. And, for Catholics (1.6 BILLION people), maybe a model in Cardinal Red with an oval enamel miniature of St. Veronica (patron saint of photographers) on the MIC-port side.

Last edited by jon404; 03-18-2013 at 03:03 AM.
03-18-2013, 03:13 AM - 2 Likes   #213
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
And, for Catholics
Well it does have that stovepie, which would have been particularly timely last week.
03-18-2013, 04:26 AM - 2 Likes   #214
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Thankyou for explaining why you are patronising, condescending and superior.
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
No problem..
Thank you both for that entertaining, albeit right off-topic, little spat. What made it all the more delightful for me were your avatars, the smart-arsed kid and the suave, smug lounge lizard! Talk about fitting the roles! You couldn't make this up, could you?

03-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #215
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"De gustibus non est disputandum." I like the way the K-01 looks, I just don't like the fact that it is relatively crippled compared to my K5s. It's just silly to argue about it though. If I like brussel sprouts and you don't, which of us is right?
03-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #216
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I shoot commercially for a major Australian music website. I get frequent positive comments from festival punters and other pros in the photographers' pit about my K-01. Some think it's a film camera, some think it's a Leica clone. I have had no-one ask me why I am packing such an ugly camera.

On the other hand, I have had several comments about why I would bother to shoot Pentax DSLR's. LOL. Canikon fanboys crack me up.
03-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #217
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Thank you both for that entertaining, albeit right off-topic, little spat. What made it all the more delightful for me were your avatars, the smart-arsed kid and the suave, smug lounge lizard! Talk about fitting the roles! You couldn't make this up, could you?
I'll say one last thing about this 'spat': Replies ad hominem are not an argument but an attempt to deflect discussion of the actual issue at hand. This discussion was not about me and I didn't make it so. I only made a suggestion that some study might be of benefit and was personally attacked for saying so. I refuse to be baited and will ignore any such remarks about my *superiority* from now on.

03-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #218
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I shoot commercially for a major Australian music website. I get frequent positive comments from festival punters and other pros in the photographers' pit about my K-01. Some think it's a film camera, some think it's a Leica clone. I have had no-one ask me why I am packing such an ugly camera.

On the other hand, I have had several comments about why I would bother to shoot Pentax DSLR's. LOL. Canikon fanboys crack me up.
Sandy, I was wondering how you got so close to the stage for your Womad photos. A piece of the jigsaw has just fallen in place.
03-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #219
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Now this is all Google Translate but it appears that the rumor in this thread is based on a rumor on a Japanese forum about a rumor of releases prior to Photokina last year on RH's blog which was based on, apparently thin air. That rumor projects 9 announcements from Pentax at Photokina, the only one of which is even remotely close to reality is the DA 560mm.
Yeah, but the date has been updated, so it's a new rumour. We are pathetic, aren't we?

The most famous rumour site has no scruples whatsoever. He's still showing Adam's April Fool joke as a rumour, and still sucking people in. I emailed him to explain that it was a joke and pointed him to the origin. He did not take it down. I lost all respect for the guy after that. This is the full frame Pentax K-3 DSLR camera | Photo Rumors

Here he's reused the same photo for reporting on the Pentax FF program. Doesn't putting the photo with the interview imply they are related? What a douche! Pentax confirms their full frame DSLR camera plans (again) | Photo Rumors
03-18-2013, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #220
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
The K-3 will be Pentax's newest flagship prosumer camera weighing-in at 24mp.
It is slated to replace the latest generation K-5 units and reestablish Pentax's reputation as the best APS-C camera on the market.

There is also be a new 645D II and other lower entry level DSLR's aimed at replacing the K-30 etc.

SOURCE: http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0000416049/SortID=15794099/
and
SOURCE: http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/-/SortID=15883682/

And so, it looks like the new lineup that is rumored to consist of 5 DSLR's is looking something along the lines of: K3, K3s, 645D II, K30 replacement thus far.
I read what you linked....did you?

What I saw was a discussion forum with people engaging in speculation and rumor. How do you make the leap to present that as established fact?
03-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #221

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
"De gustibus non est disputandum."
My thoughts exactly!

Personally, i like the K-01 looks. Now if only we could get the ridiculously low US prices here in Europe? I don't see why Japan needs to unload all their overstock in the US. It's plain unfair!
03-19-2013, 02:54 AM   #222
Veteran Member

Are there any news regarding the teleconverter?
03-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #223
ogl
Banned

We all wait for April, 1 - the date of K-3's announcement. Right?
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #224
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
We all wait for April, 1 - the date of K-3's announcement. Right?
No it is the date for the annual K-1 announcement. :-) The K-3 announcement will be different (I hope).

Dave
03-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #225
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
No it is the date for the annual K-1 announcement. :-)
Closed Thread