Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2013, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #46
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I have to say, the burst mode is pretty bad on the K-01. It is mirrorless, it should be able to perform at least as well if not better than the K-30. I don't see why adding a couple MB to the buffer would be prohibitively expensive.
I do use the bracketing-mode to make three RAW images at the 6 fps speed for portraits (groups) to have a better luckrate on getting a good image. It's not a speedmonster in this regard.

04-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
This thread was started in mid-March.
Talking about failures ...
I've seen it yesterday and didn't bother to look when it was posted ... obviously assumed another "prank" ...
04-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I do use the bracketing-mode to make three RAW images at the 6 fps speed for portraits (groups) to have a better luckrate on getting a good image. It's not a speedmonster in this regard.
I know, eh? But if this can work, why doesn't burst mode HI work for raw? Thats what kind of bothers me, seems like a firmware update could improve the burst rate modes
04-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #49
Veteran Member

I know that a lot of people like to pour scorn on Newson's design, but my K-01 attracts comments that it looks "cool" or even "sexy". People don't talk this way about SLRs.

04-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
I know that a lot of people like to pour scorn on Newson's design, but my K-01 attracts comments that it looks "cool" or even "sexy". People don't talk this way about SLRs.
yes, I'm starting to get that
04-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #51
Veteran Member

I view things like "cool" and "sexy" as soft add-on attributes. In the world of cameras, how often have people made those kinds of things prominent factors in their purchasing decisions?
04-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
I view things like "cool" and "sexy" as soft add-on attributes. In the world of cameras, how often have people made those kinds of things prominent factors in their purchasing decisions?
I've tended to make my choice of GF based on "sexy".. I had a hell of a lot of fun with that.

04-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Obviously by people who have joined the Elite of being educated in the technicalities of "modern design"
04-07-2013, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Obviously by people who have joined the Elite of being educated in the technicalities of "modern design"
What you fail to appreciate is that there is a visual language based on 1,000's of years of visual exploration (and expression) and not just individual taste (mostly based on exposure and conditioning anyway). Your ability to hold a grudge and continue your 'put downs' on this subject proves your ignorance although you cannot see it.

Last edited by Bramela; 04-07-2013 at 07:48 PM.
04-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Could those making posts here, please keep cool heads, and stick to the topic being discussed. Please make comments in a sound and logical manner, without becoming personal, and accept that others may disagree with your thinking.

Thanks all.
04-07-2013, 08:33 PM - 1 Like   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
See Olympus OM-D, Fuji X-Pro 1, et. al.

This is a visual avocation, so it's no surprise that for some that extends to the looks of the camera.
04-07-2013, 09:21 PM - 1 Like   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
See Olympus OM-D, Fuji X-Pro 1, et. al.

This is a visual avocation, so it's no surprise that for some that extends to the looks of the camera.
An impressively perceptive understanding of what I feel when I simply look at or hold my K-01. I have no idea why the K-01 and certain historical cameras (SV, F1, K2, LX) connect to me visually (and others - F2, OM-1, SF-1 - don't), but I was immediately drawn to the appearance of the K-01 and pre-ordered it, determined to make it work. I ave never purchased any another consumer product in the early adopter phase.

When a poster declares, unequivocally, "The K-01 is butt ugly." it is indirectly a critical judgement of my aesthetic preferences. That makes me defensive and angry. When a poster writes, "I don't personally care for the K-01 design because (feature / detriment, feature / detriment)," it is that poster's personal aesthetic preference and has no effect on me.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-07-2013 at 09:32 PM.
04-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #58
Veteran Member

I was contacted by a moderator who told me that my post was 'edited' but that post seems to have been totally deleted. And yet, the offensive post I responded to is still here...
04-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

When a poster declares, unequivocally, "The K-01 is butt ugly." it is indirectly a critical judgement of my aesthetic preferences. That makes me defensive and angry. When a poster writes, "I don't personally care for the K-01 design because (feature / detriment, feature / detriment)," it is that poster's personal aesthetic preference and has no effect on me.
Personally I don't think it's fair to judge other people's subjective preferences as an insult to your own subjective preferences. We should respect that we are all different. I state unequivocally that I find the K-01 'butt ugly', but I also respect that others can find it a thing of beauty. It would be a pretty boring old world if we all like or disliked the same things.

So by stating I find the K-01 'butt ugly' I am not judging anyone else nor speaking for them, but only speaking for myself.

Last edited by Bramela; 04-08-2013 at 12:14 PM.
04-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Personally I don't think it's fair to judge other people's subjective preferences as an insult to your own subjective preferences. We should respect that we are all different. I state unequivocally that I find the K-01 'butt ugly', but I also respect that others can find it a thing of beauty. It would be a pretty boring old world if we all like or disliked the same things.

So by stating I find the K-01 'butt ugly' I am judging anyone else nor speaking for them, but only speaking for myself.
It's not your opinion but rather the choice of words that's the issue, IMHO. As a more extreme example, would you use those words to describe some else' spouse and then hide behind the explanation "I accept you think she's beautiful"?