03-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Optio WG-3 Now Available

The new Optio WG-3 is now available for those who are interested:

Pentax Optio WG-3

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Looks like the lens is a significant upgrade - 25mm instead of 28mm FF equivalent, and f/2 instead of f/3.5 at the wide end. I wonder if IQ is any better than the WG-1?
03-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The new Optio WG-3 is now available for those who are interested:

Pentax Optio WG-3
The 25mm lens just may be the ticket for me...........I use a camera in my kayak for taking pictures of my catch and the extra wider angle would be a plus.

My only concern: Last year I bought the WG-2 and the videos were completely blown out on a sand dune trip. Perhaps it was user error, but my Sony would've handled it beautifully without any settings adjustments.
03-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
B&H has now also received stock:
wg-3| B&H Photo Video

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #5

I had to download the manual from the international site to find out that Time Lapse Interval shooting is limited to 1000 frames. If it was without limit I'd have ordered one right away. 1000 frames at 25fps would make your movie 40 seconds long maximum. For this reason I'll save my money and look elsewhere.
03-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Pentaxian

40 seconds i think is OK. You will not be bored