Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
"Comments are disabled for this video."

How can Ricehigh leave you a comment
The kid has a blog.

03-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would be quick to point out that Ricehigh is banned from this forum and cannot post a reply here as well.

Steve
03-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I would be quick to point out that Ricehigh is banned from this forum and cannot post a reply here as well.

Steve
I would like to point out that Rice High is not, and never was, banned from this forum. Search his name in Forum Members.
03-26-2013, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by testuser Quote
Answer his question!
It doesn't matter who "told it" to photorumors.

Blaming someone else for the publicity and repercussions this "accident" has caused is as immature as the whole thing he did there.
Seriously, this is the internet, in 2013. Anything can go "viral". Especially if you post it to the public (which he did, intentionally).

Time to grow up and learn from his mistake.

And I'm curious why this is still a topic. What has happened? A young guy puts out obviously fake information and is a talking point for days. Turns out the fake information is fake. And yet it's still a talking point. This isn't even about a rumour. Never really has been.

Get over it!

03-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I would like to point out that Rice High is not, and never was, banned from this forum. Search his name in Forum Members.
Hmmm...I guess I remembered incorrectly. It looks like he exited himself in 2009 under duress and has not posted here since. All I remembered was the smoke and bad smell that accompanied the departure and comments from other users indicating that he was banned.

So...I guess this thread is a personal challenge to a person who no longer posts here, but who is narcissistic enough to sniff it out on Google and who will answer it on his own blog?

Steve
03-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Hmmm...I guess I remembered incorrectly. It looks like he exited himself in 2009 under duress and has not posted here since. All I remembered was the smoke and bad smell that accompanied the departure and comments from other users indicating that he was banned.

So...I guess this thread is a personal challenge to a person who no longer posts here, but who is narcissistic enough to sniff it out on Google and who will answer it on his own blog?

Steve
Well, nobody said it was rice high who came up with that date, but it seems very likely considering the countdown timer...who knows.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Indeed. Perpetuating myth as fact does muddle things, doesn't it?

Last edited by Parallax; 03-27-2013 at 07:45 AM.
03-26-2013, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's no myth that Pentax is and has been testing FF of years.

It's not that hard to get test sensors and craft some spec bodies for a go on legacy glass. I'd be surprised if Pentax (Ricoh) was not actively and constantly testing FF.

The myth is the when of release, at what price, and, especially, what lenses and flash system.

It's going to be a DSLR. Not mirrorless., not EVF.

Anyway, if a couple of them are out in the field that's not important. What is important is the economic justifying release (and what happens to the APS-C line, including the excellent DA primes which are over-priced in a FF world).
03-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Those bozos at SonyAlphaRumors quotes Pentax Forums as having posted this rumor, as if our Admins were responsible for posting and moderating this myth. What is even funnier is that they themselves had actually posted this rumor earlier. I guess this is their way of retracting their info.

I used to like reading that site from time to time for Sony-related stuff, but now I have lost a lot of respect for them. They are as bad as that guy, just looking to blame someone else for their mistakes.
03-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
It's no myth that Pentax is and has been testing FF of years.
I was referring to the myth that RiceHigh had been banned.
03-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #14
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's all twisted. Svitek now admits to not testing a prototype but is upset that someone (*maybe* RH ) liberated some info from his Google+ discussion then tacked on a date for when the K-3 will 'definitely' be announced. Time to move on now?
03-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
It's all twisted. Svitek now admits to not testing a prototype but is upset that someone (*maybe* RH ) liberated some info from his Google+ discussion then tacked on a date for when the K-3 will 'definitely' be announced. Time to move on now?
A public Google+ post is the same thing as a blog.

So let me rephrase, someone read it on Svitek's blog. Tough luck .