Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2013, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Walking Dead (Limiteds)

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I am actually worried that the zombie apocalypse has begun with the zombies beginning their world domination effort by taking over the Pentax arm of Ricoh. I am not sure what the solution is, but I think just hiding in your cellars, surrounded by now-discontinued FA limiteds may ward the zombies off.
No, because if you know anything about Zombie Apocalypses then you know that those FA Limited will become zombies, and there you are stuck in a cellar with them.

04-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #32
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
) The items at KEH appear to be the leftovers from the sale 4-6 weeks ago in Denver of the gear that has been gathering dust at Pentax USA HQ because people there were too lazy to actually do anything with it.
This!!!!

It isn't really new gear. It is Like-New in damaged boxes, returned merch., discontinued, etc. If you go to KEH and look at what they have - there isn't very much even categorized Like New.
04-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
I'm interested to know, for those that are "worried" about any of this made up make believe you have constructed. Lets say Pentax are broke tomorrow. Would your camera instantly dissolve into hot air? Would you trample it out of shame? Perhaps it would be the final nudge you needed to buy that blouse you have been longing after.

I cant understand why these is so much attention given to this crap.

TAKE PICTURES GORD DARN IT!

#edit. This post needs some smiles or someone will take it as aggressive..

:P
I am in agreement with you 100% - go out and take pics!

I very rarely visit this section of the forum - to me all the rumors and speculation is a huge waste of time. But, I happened to cruise by this morning and saw Doc's thread, and opened it in interest as I feel he is quite level headed about things like this and wanted to see what he had to say. I'm glad he started this thread to hopefully bring it to someone's attention that needs to see it. It seems the rumors and speculation about Pentax has escalated out of control, and I feel the reason for that is the silence from Pentax except for the interview posted last week. I think a simple road map of sorts from Pentax would alleviate most of this.

Also, while I know I shouldn't, I not only take pics with my gear, but find it a considerable investment - for me anyway. Not an investment that would ever show any gains, but an investment that if I ever needed to sell my gear, it would be worth a certain dollar amount in the used market. My concern with this would be if the sky really was falling on Pentax, that my gear would suddenly be just about worthless. Yes, it will still take great pics for many years to come, but I wouldn't like the idea of owning a set of equipment that was worth $5k today be worth $1k tomorrow. I try very hard to not let this be an issue for me, but that is just the way I am and how I feel about it.
04-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #34
bvg

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
.Maybe they urgently need to make room for NEW STUFF!
Other option - PENTAX is on the eve of bankruptcy!

04-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
It's good to see PRIAC show signs of exercising some business sense. Converting the better part of $1M worth of inventory that they've been sitting on far too long (some of that stuff is nearly a decade old) into something useful like distribution channel or marketing seems like a no-brainer.
Absolutely. Would have been nice if some of it could have come here but you're right that this move shows some basic business sense - refreshing in PRIAC.
04-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'll have an official answer for you guys shortly. Rumors like these are very frustrating for manufacturers so I'm sure we'll get a prompt response
Thank you Sir. I appreciate your efforts, as always, to help Pentax present itself in a positive light.
04-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #37
Veteran Member

slightly off topic but when could an announcement come regarding a new camera, lenses be made? Is there a Photokina-like show coming up that might be a time when PRicoh announces?
04-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
slightly off topic but when could an announcement come regarding a new camera, lenses be made? Is there a Photokina-like show coming up that might be a time when PRicoh announces?
Rumors are sometime this month. Maybe next Tue/Wed.

04-12-2013, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #39
Loyal Site Supporter

Look, I know we're just a bunch of nerds with cameras and computers but if Ricoh-Pentax (or vice-versa--I can never remember) doesn't have someone checking in on PF regularly, they really should freakin' dissolve the company and go home.
04-12-2013, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #40
Veteran Member

The sky isn't falling....it's a different color! Why have a blue sky? Why not a green one? Why not a yellow one? Or a red one?
(sorry, had to make fun of Pentax's twitter stream pimping multicolored K-30 bodies)...
04-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
No, because if you know anything about Zombie Apocalypses then you know that those FA Limited will become zombies, and there you are stuck in a cellar with them.
So you're saying it's bit like vampire watermelons? Look, if my FA77 starts rolling around on the ground saying "brrrl, brrrrl", I am NOT going to be able to bring myself to drive a stake through it. The 43 I may be willing to dispatch, if it comes to that.
04-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #42
Veteran Member

I await your prompt response from Pentax Adam

I still await your prompt response from Pentax Adam

I may have foolishly waited too long to cash out of my full frame era Pentax glass.

Seems The #1 Seller of used pentax gear is now Pentax USA via KEH !

"2500 items sold for $600,000 from Pentax USA to KEH", wild times thesedays at Ricoh Pentax !

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'll have an official answer for you guys shortly. Rumors like these are very frustrating for manufacturers so I'm sure we'll get a prompt response
04-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Look, if my FA77 starts rolling around on the ground saying "brrrl, brrrrl", I am NOT going to be able to bring myself to drive a stake through it. .
Your arc will need to include staking (or: brain-stabbing) those you hold most dear. That's just how it works.

04-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #44
Lens Buying Addict

If it would mean a spotless K28/2 for $100 I might just be tempted to wish for it - but it ain't gonna happen.
04-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #45
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This!!!!

It isn't really new gear. It is Like-New in damaged boxes, returned merch., discontinued, etc. If you go to KEH and look at what they have - there isn't very much even categorized Like New.
Considering how KEH grades the merchandise, a lot of new directly out of box gear would probably only be graded EX+.