Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Sky is Falling! - Adam perhaps you can ask?

There are several threads here that are basically - The Pentax Sky is Falling!

One is that the 35/2.4 has been discontinued because a Non-AD says so. The other is that the FA Limiteds have been discontinued because a flier with lots of typos only has APS-C lenses in it and not the FA31,43, 50, or 77.

Adam, this would be a place where someone at Pentax USA could actually communicate something useful and stop the hysteria. Perhaps that would be a good thing?

04-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

We won't believe them anyway
04-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

There is Pentax on display here everywhere in BIG camera store... the sky is not falling here in Japan.
04-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
We won't believe them anyway
+1.

PRI does seem to me to be a very top-goverened company and its international subsidiaries don't seem to be allowed very far into the loop.

04-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Around here, when the sky falls it's called rain. Helps the plants grow.
04-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
There is Pentax on display here everywhere in BIG camera store... the sky is not falling here in Japan.
Not yet!
04-12-2013, 06:59 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Hm, the cynical responses to the OP might be right, but I think it would in fact be good that Pentax knew about all these weird slips in their marketing department. And that we notice them. So just listing these things and telling the Pentax representatives about this (maybe even send an email to Japan) might make them take action. Sad truth is, with bad ads, you won't get good sales.
(oh and btw, this forum is probably the best "ad" for Pentax, at least in the "western" market, EU, NA, Aus)

04-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
well seen

QuoteOriginally posted by na horuk Quote
hm, the cynical responses to the op might be right, but i think it would in fact be good that pentax knew about all these weird slips in their marketing department. And that we notice them. So just listing these things and telling the pentax representatives about this (maybe even send an email to japan) might make them take action. Sad truth is, with bad ads, you won't get good sales.
+1

04-12-2013, 07:08 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Inactive Account

Some people have a really hard time differentiating official news from rumors/gossips and other that type of information.

Keep calm and go take some pictures!
04-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am actually worried that the zombie apocalypse has begun with the zombies beginning their world domination effort by taking over the Pentax arm of Ricoh. I am not sure what the solution is, but I think just hiding in your cellars, surrounded by now-discontinued FA limiteds may ward the zombies off.
04-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Around here, when the sky falls it's called rain. Helps the plants grow.
Well we get precious little of that stuff here and the all the local plants are cactus.....

04-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #12
Veteran Member

The title of your thread got my attention Doc - just received an promotional email from KEH. Here is a copy/paste:

QuoteQuote:
We've just added $600,000 in digital Pentax gear to our inventory. That's more than 2,500 Pentax items that are available now and ready to ship.

This huge addition to our Pentax digital selection is straight from the manufacturer, and includes tons of current and discontinued products in almost new condition.

Don't miss this opportunity to stock up on all your favorite Pentax DSLR bodies, lenses, mirrorless cameras, flashes and accessories!
And a link to the Pentax page on KEH:

Pentax Digital - Cameras, Lenses, Batteries & other Accessories - KEH.com

Not that the sky is falling or anything, but I found it kind of strange that KEH ended up with $600k of inventory directly from Pentax..........
04-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Straight from the manufacturer... What's not worth just selling them via their distributors? Why the hurry?

...Maybe they urgently need to make room for NEW STUFF!
04-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #14
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Not that the sky is falling or anything, but I found it kind of strange that KEH ended up with $600k of inventory directly from Pentax..........
Maybe the new managemant opent a door and thought, "Why is all this gear here in the office?"
04-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let it fall! Me and my K-5 don't really care...