Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #181
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PRI wants to sell 500,000 APSc Sony sensors and spread the development cost for their superior imaging engines across as many units as possible. What skin goes around the sensor and programming is actually irrelevant.

Subaru also has a "tiny" global automobile market share but they make a tidy profit and compete with their plurality owner Toyota foir a certain segment of the market.

04-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #182
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by anthony mazzeri Quote
You mean like Toyota and Lexus will all end in tears?
Pentax doesn't have Toyota's market share or brand presence... but I guess a Lexus level Pentax would be something like a Leica right? No need for 'market share as long as people are prepared to pay 10 grand for a camera.
04-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #183
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by anthony mazzeri Quote
That video has now had over 50,000 views in just 24 hours so there's definitely considerable interest in this camera.
Maybe. How many times have Lukinosity, chickentender, and RyanW watched it?
04-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #184
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You are all so smug and sophisticated.

04-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #185
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Seeing your Join Date, one could wonder. <g>
Hehe. True.
04-16-2013, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #186
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Maybe. How many times have Lukinosity, chickentender, and RyanW watched it?
Oh for chrissake. Twice. This truly is why I rarely engage, and have here only because I adore the GR series and wanted to pass on that love of the line somehow by trying to explain why a large number of shooters find it so appealing. I personally would not like to see it, these particular models, shift away from the philosophy behind the engineering of the past iterations. Evolution without compromise to the design integrity that makes it great, and most suggestions here about possible change would indeed need some sort of compromise. I'm not bashing anyone, just saying "this line is great, you guys! try it if you like". So, don't if you don't want to. That's about it. I'm bowing out now.
04-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #187
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You are all so smug and sophisticated.
Pas moi!

04-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #188
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Pas moi!
Nah. See my PM
04-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #189
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I thought someone wrote about a crop mode - 10 megapickles yielding 35mm effective FL
OK. I see... Will this mode work in DNG?

Last edited by ogl; 04-17-2013 at 12:33 AM.
04-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #190
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
sweet
with the APS-C sensor this new GR is the real digital successor of the famed analog GR-1 street shooter! I don't want to put the previous GRDs down, they are great cams in their own right, but their smaller sensor made for a very different IQ and dof than those of the analog original.

Last edited by kuuan; 04-16-2013 at 11:05 PM.
04-16-2013, 11:55 PM - 1 Like   #191
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Oh for chrissake. Twice. This truly is why I rarely engage, and have here only because I adore the GR series and wanted to pass on that love of the line somehow by trying to explain why a large number of shooters find it so appealing. I personally would not like to see it, these particular models, shift away from the philosophy behind the engineering of the past iterations. Evolution without compromise to the design integrity that makes it great, and most suggestions here about possible change would indeed need some sort of compromise. I'm not bashing anyone, just saying "this line is great, you guys! try it if you like". So, don't if you don't want to. That's about it. I'm bowing out now.
I'm very sorry that my comment offended you - it was intended only as a lighthearted and hyperbolic ribbing of a few of the members here, in this thread, who have been particularly enthusiastic about the GR. And rightfully so! It looks quite nice.

No offense intended whatsoever. Just trying to have a little fun here.
04-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #192
Veteran Member

Well in that case, i'll cop to it and apologize for upping the youtube hits on the vid. i've actually got it playing on a loop in the living room.
04-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #193
Veteran Member

I love the controls on the GR. That alone would direct me to it before the Nikon A.

I'm looking forward to seeing the B&W output.
04-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #194
Site Supporter

Official Announcement link now open.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/222041-new-ricoh-gr-of...announced.html
Closed Thread