Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jbmiller Quote
That would be sheer perfection.

But don't forget white balance. Used to be controlled by the film that was used. Now it has to be controlled by the "film" in the camera.

Personally, I liked the analog light meter of the K1000. I also liked adjusting the aperture with my left hand. Left hand had a lot of control back then (aperture, focus, and zoom). With some of the newer lenses, it is hard to get that kind of control back.
Good catch JB. I did forget white balance. This could be accomplished by a multi position dial or toggling one of the e-dails to get close. The rest can always be done in PP. For auto lenses the e-dial could be where your second finger touches the lens mount base. See below for aperture control with manual lenses. And I agree, bring back match needle meters... or if they don't want the mechanics, an LED system like the MX had would be great.

QuoteOriginally posted by taomass Quote
Can we also get mechanical linkage so all K-mount lenses will work as they're supposed to, please? I love my old M series lenses, but it aggrivates the fire out of me to use them in a stopped down metering mode and to have no read-out of what f-stop I'm using. It doesn't aggrivate me enough to make me stop using them, but as long as we're wishing....
Another excellent point. This would allow traditional left hand ergonomics for those excellent lenses.

Last edited by MRRiley; 03-07-2008 at 03:37 PM.