Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The tyranny of the unwashed

Hmm. See, I was all set to apologize, and then...

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
Good God.

All it takes is money and good manners.
I guess I'll have to cash in some food stamps, buy a nice suit and go to charm school.

04-24-2013, 09:16 PM - 1 Like   #167
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

Hmm. See, I was all set to apologize, and then...

I guess I'll have to cash in some food stamps, buy a nice suit and go to charm school.

Or you could just buy a ticket to the Philippines, pay the worthwhile premium to stay at abaca, and ask them politely if they can arrange a visit for you.

Don't try and turn this around on me.

You misquoted me and openly questioned my integrity in two posts.

If you were about to apologise, you are then aware that you have been rude to me for no rhyme or reason.

If you want to send me a pm with your email address, I will send you photographs of my visit.

You can then apologise.
04-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #168
Veteran Member

Or you could just buy a ticket to the Philippines, pay the worthwhile premium to stay at abaca, and ask them politely if they can arrange a visit for you.

Don't try and turn this around on me.

You misquoted me and openly questioned my integrity in two posts.

If you were about to apologise, you are then aware that you have been rude to me for no rhyme or reason.

If you want to send me a pm with your email address, I will send you photographs of my visit.

You can then apologise.
Why not just post your proof, and let us know the name of the top executives? What's the big mystery?

Your overblown indignation is curious, as my second post explained the first and let you off the hook nicely...

At any rate, if you don't feel you need to prove anything - and you don't, really, anyone can do/be anything on the internet - feel free to move on.

04-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #169
Veteran Member

Why not just post your proof, and let us know the name of the top executives? What's the big mystery?

Your overblown indignation is curious, as my second post explained the first and let you off the hook nicely...

At any rate, if you don't feel you need to prove anything - and you don't, really, anyone can do/be anything on the internet - feel free to move on.

Because I've never once posted a personal picture on Pentax forums, I'm not on Flickr or Facebook. I'm not about to start for you.

I will email you pictures of my wife and I there, and also a namecard. The expectation is that you can verify what I say is true, and then you can delete them and apologise for being accusatory. If you don't want to give me a current address, make one up on yahoo or gmail. It will take far less time than your posts to me.

I wont post pictures online of myself, my wife or kind employees who had their pictures taken with me with the rightful expectation that they would not end up being publicly broadcast on a Pentax forum.

Same with the namecard (I only got one). He didn't give it to me to be publicly named. The expectation is for good manners and discretion.

04-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #170
Veteran Member

When participating in an open photography forum...

Because I've never once posted a personal picture on Pentax forums, I'm not on Flickr or Facebook. I'm not about to start for you.

I will email you pictures of my wife and I there
If you feel the need to prove yourself, you can just PM me here, however I don't require it and feel it unseemly to participate in something like that at this point. I was simply openly questioning some of the oddities in your original post.

If you notice, you posted in Pentax News and Rumors, the land of the tall tale. Questions being raised in here are par for the course, and if you take great offense to that, maybe you should stick to Post your Photos (offering comments only, of course.)

QuoteQuote:
The expectation is that you can verify what I say is true, and then you can delete them and apologise for being accusatory.
I think if you read my second reply again, which I even subsequently edited to remove the list of oddities that seem to have insulted you, I do make an apology. However, I think I'll decline to offer any further. Your high-handedness in continuing to bring up manners and, oddly, money reads exactly like an insulted English gentry who's demanding an apology for a perceived status infraction.

C'mon. You are anonymous, the comments were in regard to a posting you made anonymously in an open online forum, you have no further redeemable genuflection due here.

QuoteQuote:
I wont post pictures online of myself, my wife or kind employees who had their pictures taken with me with the rightful expectation that they would not end up being publicly broadcast on a Pentax forum.
You have no images that don't contain people? (Rhetorical at this point. Never mind. You don't share photos with strangers, period! Got it.)

Last edited by jsherman999; 04-25-2013 at 05:47 AM.
04-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #171
Veteran Member

Wow.

You really, really care.

I'm touched.

I'll post some pictures. You win in order for you to lose.

I have a design company in HK, so I'll have my staff blur anyone's heads.

I'm in no rush, but you can be assured the pictures will be here. You might protest that you don't care, but your posts show you care very much.

Perhaps a factory visit is something you would find exciting. I certainly enjoyed it.
04-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #172
Veteran Member

Perhaps we should all just drop it?

04-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Perhaps we should all just drop it?
Apparently, 'we' can't

Last edited by jsherman999; 04-25-2013 at 06:57 AM.
04-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #174
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Those of you who insist on turning this thread into a personal slap fest have two choices: stop taking shots at each other, or stop posting in the thread altogether. If choose neither, we'll choose the latter for you.
04-25-2013, 07:06 AM - 1 Like   #175
Veteran Member

Unsinkable has said he will post pictures. Personally, I'm curious to see them, so I hope he does. I don't think he's making it up, but I can certainly understand the skepticism, considering how some people conduct themselves when they're online and anonymous. But it's not like things have gotten completely out of hand here, so I think we should just let the matter rest until and unless pictures are posted.
04-25-2013, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #176
Veteran Member

(Sometimes it's fun to tweak the Big Egos, but I shouldn't partake.)
Not that any of the rest of us here can ever be accused of having big egos. I think anybody who has spent much time on the internet has been involved in some kind of silly pissing contest at least once in the past, so it's best not to get too worked up when this kind of thing happens.