Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Looks like Q10 watch is finally available in the U.S. Pentax Q10 Commemorative Watch
I wonder when/if it is coming to Europe..

05-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #62
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
I got it totay and it is of course very, very nice :-)

More pictures of it are here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2D01AE85E70E90E2!147758&authkey=!AOg0cnfrHqGa9Sc

Lens in the background is the one I have for sale here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/225814-sale-p...minum-box.html
From your pics on 'SkyDrive' the watch looks like a high quality watch.

Nice purchase.
05-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
$71 in 1971, similarities aren't surprising. One crystal in 42 years.

Last edited by lukulele; 06-30-2014 at 11:45 AM.
05-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #64

Now, this thread of course fueled a bit of a WBA with me and I have to admit I have spent some time looking at watches now. Part of the time was spent to see if I could spot the features in a Seiko or Citizen. I couldn't. Have you noticed how they are basicly the same watch?

They both look nice - I prefer the Ricoh. But I'll probably pick a genuine Seiko or something to build on my 1 piece watch collection :-) But holy ... there are millions of different models out there.

06-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
That sounds like a great idea, wonder if Adam can get something together on this? I know I would be real tempted and I don't wear a watch.
I also don't wear a watch but I want one.
06-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd buy one of those watches if it could take a picture. After all, my K7 tells time.

Regards
06-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Then again, maybe this one does take a picture...

???custom Camera Lens Pentax K 7 Limited Silver Sport Metal Watch Gift??? | eBay

Regards
06-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #68
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
Then again, maybe this one does take a picture...
Kind of cool there ... never seen that one before ... J

06-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #69
Site Supporter

"Pentax Watch"

News Flash!!

Copier company buys "Pentax" name to sell more junk and make money till it destroys Pentax name.

What a joke. Selling watches which is another dying industry. Take a look at young people today (under 35) and see how many wear watches. I work at a university and young people stopped wearing watches more than a decade ago as they all have cell phones on them 24/7. Ricoh management is so far out of touch they are starting to look like General Motors pre 2008.

Looks like Canon and Nikon are going to be the only serious players in serious photography for DSLR. Makes me VERY sad....

Bob
06-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #70
Pentaxian

I still wear my watches, mobile phones typically have overly aggressive backlighting that wrecks your night vision. I prefer the subtle glow of my tritium decay powered phosphor tubes on my luminox watches.

Last edited by Digitalis; 06-01-2013 at 06:29 AM.
06-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Oh, great - more FUD. If you can't understand those watches are marketing items, and if you can't see it's working - go with Canikon and leave Pentax alone.
06-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
News Flash!!

Copier company buys "Pentax" name to sell more junk and make money till it destroys Pentax name.

What a joke. Selling watches which is another dying industry. Take a look at young people today (under 35) and see how many wear watches. I work at a university and young people stopped wearing watches more than a decade ago as they all have cell phones on them 24/7. Ricoh management is so far out of touch they are starting to look like General Motors pre 2008.

Looks like Canon and Nikon are going to be the only serious players in serious photography for DSLR. Makes me VERY sad....

Bob
I don't agree with you. A lot of my friends at university wear watches. I don't believe that a cell phone can ever match the convenience of a simple watch (considering that phones are getting big as bricks). As for me, I just prefer to keep my balls away from electronics.
06-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
News Flash!!

Bob
I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. A Danish couple recently sold their watch company for some $230 mill. I believe that is more than twice the sum Ricoh paid for good ole Pentax. The buyer supposedly expect that some people will buy those anachronisms in the future.

It is besides the point, however. It is a marketing exercise in line with limited editions and what else Pentax have been tempting the faithfull's with. Apart from that, todays surfing taught me that Ricoh actually have a long tradition of selling watches.
06-03-2013, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #74
Veteran Member

Today, I also got my watch:

These are high quality products of RICOH ELEMEX and not just relabelled cheap items:

RICOH ELEMEX
http://timerex.wn.shopserve.jp/

Here are similar versions:

SHREWD REMINDER
COMMANDER

Look at the prices!
06-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
Today, I also got my watch:
Congrats :-) And I understand you finally got a F*250-600/5,6 or have I misunderstood regarding this?