Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Ricoh Pentax releases 2 wrist watches

The price is aprox. $ 260 CAD, wonder if they'll sell it in North America.

There's a Ricoh Model and a Pentax Model. Ricoh model looks rather good.

???? | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
?GR??????K?????????????????????????PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

04-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like the way they have engraved the back plates on these watches. The Ricoh one looks awesome with the aperture blades. $260 seems a bit steep to me. If they were around $150 then I would think about getting one.
04-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

No, they are Home Market items. Limited editions. Released in late May 2013.

Made by Elemex Co., Ltd. Company (a Subsidiary of Ricoh).
It has LED lights and 5 channel alarm, LED digital display, and 10atm water resistance.
In limited quantities of 150 each item, in addition to the Pentax online shop, will be sold in each window Ricoh Photo Gallery RING CUBE, the Pentax forum in each model.

These watches use a system to recharge them owned by Ricoh-Elemex.
  • REQ (Rechargeable Analog Quartz Watch)
  • WORLD'S FIRST
  • Electromagnetic Induction Rechargeable Analog Quartz Watch

REQ

REQ applies Electro Induction Charging System as a charging device. The Magnetic Field generated from Charger is transferred to Electricity and stored in the Secondary Battery inside of the Watch. No Battery replacement is necessary semipermanently.
World First Rechargeable Analog Quartz Watch. Recharge the electricity by just putting the watch on the REQ's Charger shown on the picture left.
Even no electricity left in the battery, electricity can be charged so quick. For one day amount of the electricity can be charged about 5-10 Mins only.
Battery Level Indicator can be shown by LED on the Dial.

Specs on Watches:
GR model K model Size (Excluding crown) side 40.0mm 47.2mm vertical thickness 14.0mm diameter glass Φ35.0 (Excluding crown) 43.0 side length 48.0mm thickness 14.3mm diameter glass Φ32.0 Weight 73g 164g Case Titanium Stainless steel (bezel part: black ion plating) Glass Sapphire glass Sapphire glass Crown Stainless Stainless steel (black ion plating) Band Genuine leather Stainless Buckle Stainless Stainless Waterproof property For everyday life reinforcement waterproofing (10 standard atmosphere waterproofing) For everyday life reinforcement waterproofing (10 standard atmosphere waterproofing) Alarm (Switchable vibe, the beep sound for each channel) 5 Channel: Number of settings
Operating time: 30 sec. / Range: 24-hour clock / setting unit: within one minute ※ 5 channel, one channel is equipped with a one-shot alarm (alarm one-time) in addition to the snooze ※ 5 channel
(Switchable vibe, the beep sound for each channel) 5 Channel: Number of settings
Operating time: 30 sec. / Range: 24-hour clock / setting unit: within one minute ※ 5 channel, one channel is equipped with a one-shot alarm (alarm one-time) in addition to the snooze ※ 5 channel
Timer (Switchable vibe, the beep sound for each channel) 3 Channel: Number of settings
Operating time: 30 seconds / maximum measurement time: auto-repeat correspondence with one minute ※ all channels: 59 minutes / time setting unit 23
(Switchable vibe, the beep sound for each channel) 3 Channel: Number of settings
Operating time: 30 seconds / maximum measurement time: auto-repeat correspondence with one minute ※ all channels: 59 minutes / time setting unit 23
LED LED2 high brightness white light: LED light (lighting time: 1 minute / Flashing time: 60 minutes)
LED Digital: white (white LED used)
LED2 high brightness white light: LED light (lighting time: 1 minute / Flashing time: 60 minutes)
LED Digital: white (white LED used)
Calendar Full auto calendar up to 2099 Full auto calendar up to 2099 Other (60 minute measurement 1/100 second) battery power warning display function alarm Auto-off function stopwatch function
Dual time function
(60 minute measurement 1/100 second) battery power warning display function alarm Auto-off function stopwatch function
Dual time function
Accuracy Within 20 seconds per month difference (room temperature when carrying) Within 20 seconds per month difference (room temperature when carrying) Operating temperature range -5 ℃ ~ +55 ℃ -5 ℃ ~ +55 ℃ Continuous driving time Time it takes to full charge from the state in which the case ※ 2 ... stop 9 seconds time display, 30 seconds vibration, using 20 seconds the LED light in about a month driving ※ 1 ... 1 日 full charge: about 40 hours
Time it takes to full charge from the state in which the case ※ 2 ... stop 9 seconds time display, 30 seconds vibration, using 20 seconds the LED light in about a month driving ※ 1 ... 1 日 full charge: about 40 hours
Charge mode Electromagnetic induction (non-contact) charging method Electromagnetic induction (non-contact) charging method

Last edited by Docrwm; 04-20-2013 at 05:37 AM.
04-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I haven't worn a watch in 20 years. I might get one of these since I can't find the no-longer-made, overseas-market-only, Seiko Galaxy.

04-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am not a watch guy, but if I were to get one, it would probably be a Pebble. Of course the Pebble only charges with a lame usb cable. I was just telling my friend, who got one, that it should charge with an induction pad. Seems Ricoh already does it, nice touch.

Pebble
04-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
◆ How to buy: Pentax Online Shop ( Http://Shop.Pentax.Jp/ Internet sales in)
          over-the-counter sales RING CUBE and, in the Pentax forum

^Horrid translation by Google. Though, apparently, Adam is going to sell these here? Lol.
04-19-2013, 10:16 AM - 6 Likes   #7
Site Supporter

Is it Full Frame?

Sorry I couldn't stop myself. I tried, really....
04-19-2013, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Is it Full Frame?

Sorry I couldn't stop myself. I tried, really....
Yup, 2 full frames, the day we've all been waiting for

04-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Eulogy Quote
Though, apparently, Adam is going to sell these here? Lol.
That sounds like a great idea, wonder if Adam can get something together on this? I know I would be real tempted and I don't wear a watch.
04-19-2013, 06:37 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Pentaxian

I wonder if it has a countdown going up until the next camera or lens release? Years to FF, Months To K-3 etc...
04-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I wonder if it has a countdown going up until the next camera or lens release? Years to FF, Months To K-3 etc...
This is sad that we're all so cynical...though, it'd be a nice touch.
04-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
Veteran Member

"Pentax releases 2 wrist watches"

How about releasing some cameras and lenses!!!
04-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I am not a watch guy, but if I were to get one, it would probably be a Pebble. Of course the Pebble only charges with a lame usb cable.
Pebble
No it doesn't.

It charges via a magnetic induction cable. Charger snaps magnetically to the side of the watch. They had to do it this way in order to qualify for water resistance at depth.
04-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

Need a Comparison Test!

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
That sounds like a great idea, wonder if Adam can get something together on this? I know I would be real tempted and I don't wear a watch.
Wait we can't buy one until Adam does a full review and comparison test with some other watch brand. He can then list the pros and cons of each watch.
04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
Pentaxian

I was told by a reliable source that tpm (ticks per minute) for this watch is only 60. This is very concerning.