Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Crescent City Quote
The CNET article shows Samsungs line of lenses. I didn't know they made lenses. What's up with that. ch
They rebadge Pentax lenses.

03-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
They rebadge Pentax lenses.
Everybody says so.

For the sake of completeness, though, it should be noted that Schreider Kreuznach insists that those lenses are made "under their responsibility" ... Maybe, they now introduce some designs of their own like Samsung introduced their own sensor. That would be good news!
03-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member

FYI, here's the "official line" on S-K/Samsung DSLR lenses: Partnership Samsung Opto-Electronics GmbH - Jos. Schneider Optische Werke GmbH

Clearly, the line so far are rebadged Pentax (and soon, Tamron) lenses. Haven't seen anything that looks like Schneider-Kreuznach designs, but who knows what's down the road.

One question I have about the current Samsung lenses is, do they use Pentax SMC, or S-K's coating formulae? Anybody know?
03-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by christinelandon Quote
FYI, here's the "official line" on S-K/Samsung DSLR lenses: Partnership Samsung Opto-Electronics GmbH - Jos. Schneider Optische Werke GmbH

Clearly, the line so far are rebadged Pentax (and soon, Tamron) lenses. Haven't seen anything that looks like Schneider-Kreuznach designs, but who knows what's down the road.

One question I have about the current Samsung lenses is, do they use Pentax SMC, or S-K's coating formulae? Anybody know?
I just love that marketspeek line:
GX digital SLR series were also developed in cooperation with Schneider-Kreuznach and meet the strict Schneider quality criteria.
Much ado about nothing........

03-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Thanks for the link.
You got some good points in the discussion threads with the others. Im happy they stay in the News section. Gets so tired, when the forum goes way Off Topic :ugh:

a K2D would be sweet
Can't wait till Photokina, always something to look forward to
03-26-2008, 02:55 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
I just love that marketspeek line:
GX digital SLR series were also developed in cooperation with Schneider-Kreuznach and meet the strict Schneider quality criteria.
Much ado about nothing........
Much ado about marketing, anyway. Still, I much prefer that product distinction be deeper than mere branding!