Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
You actually expect Ricoh-Pentax to tell everyone the date and the specs to competitors weeks or months before announcement?
Well, just SOMETHING a tiny little bit more certain that what we've already heard about 100 times before. Some real hint of progress.

04-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #17
Dan
Pentaxian

Reading the tea leaves...

This strikes me as quite positive. From Google Translate:

"2 years ago has been a reporter asked me about the things of the full-frame SLR camera. I can now say that Pentax full-frame SLR camera has been in research and development, and is a distinctive full frame."

While I may be reading far too much into a Google translation of a brief statement, it seems like he is saying that the camera has been developed (or is far along in the development process), and that they came up with something distinctive. He doesn't say that they intend to develop a distinctive full frame in the future, he says that the camera "is a distinctive full frame". Again, I may be simply grasping at straws, but I am feeling a tinge of optimism.

Dan

Last edited by Dan; 04-24-2013 at 07:19 AM.
04-24-2013, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
There is a hint of progress; last year (P&E 2012) it was 进行发展 this year it is 在研发 .
04-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go K-01!

04-24-2013, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Well, it is just heartening to know that there are real plans going on behind the scenes. Recent announcements have not targeted the upper end users of the SLR system. No upper end lenses, other than the 560mm. No upper end bodies except a slight modification of the K5.

I would like to see a flagship successor to the K5 come out with some improvements in video, focus peaking, better auto focus, whatever they can throw in it. And more lenses -- faster and wider in particular...
You haven't been reading asahi man on dipreview recently? He's saying three new APS-C DSLR bodies this year starting in the summer with a "lower medium level" one. He also says that the high-end K3-type one has recently been delayed again by Ricoh after a "big meeting" at the end of March. So I guess that might mean an autumn/fall release. All speculation of course but he is usually fairly on target. The remarks in China sound much more 2014 and beyond to me. Anyway, my impression is that Ricoh certainly want to get out a new flagship but that something is going on - a sensor problem, AF problem, whatever - which is preventing its release. I know it is frustrating but if Ricoh are telling Pentax "if it ain't right, you ain't releasing it" that is a good thing, imho.
04-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
You haven't been reading asahi man on dipreview recently? He's saying three new APS-C DSLR bodies this year starting in the summer with a "lower medium level" one. He also says that the high-end K3-type one has recently been delayed again by Ricoh after a "big meeting" at the end of March. So I guess that might mean an autumn/fall release. All speculation of course but he is usually fairly on target. The remarks in China sound much more 2014 and beyond to me. Anyway, my impression is that Ricoh certainly want to get out a new flagship but that something is going on - a sensor problem, AF problem, whatever - which is preventing its release. I know it is frustrating but if Ricoh are telling Pentax "if it ain't right, you ain't releasing it" that is a good thing, imho.
A remarkable hermeneutical exercise! So much substance extracted from so few words!
"All speculation, of course, but..." And the "..." quickly covers up the "all speculation" proviso.
04-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #22
Pentaxian

"optimization of K mount" scaring me.

04-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
together with "pancake lenses" I think that sounds interesting, and speculate that it means smaller K-mount DSLRs as an alternative to mirrorless - or it might mean "K-01, second try".
04-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
I would presume it means K mount + additional contacts, for instances for lenses with an electrically-actioned iris or with focus / zoom by wire. There have been some hints at this from Pentax's head of development.
04-24-2013, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We need more threads like this for sure.
04-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Well, it is just heartening to know that there are real plans going on behind the scenes. Recent announcements have not targeted the upper end users of the SLR system. No upper end lenses, other than the 560mm. No upper end bodies except a slight modification of the K5.

I would like to see a flagship successor to the K5 come out with some improvements in video, focus peaking, better auto focus, whatever they can throw in it. And more lenses -- faster and wider in particular...
I could have written this.

A wideangle DA* 2.8 zoom and DA* 35mm 1.4 would be a great start. I'd be particularly interested in that 35mm, since the fastest we have right now is the FA at 2.0. And a longer zoom lens, since the 60-250 is the longest DA* zoom right now. Maybe an 85mm or 135mm 2.0, and revamp the 16-50 to take away doubts people have about the IQ and sell more copies. And put ring-type AF motors inside all these new lenses.

O, and a definite upgrade to the K-5 II(s) with a more versatile AF.
04-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
A remarkable hermeneutical exercise! So much substance extracted from so few words!
"All speculation, of course, but..." And the "..." quickly covers up the "all speculation" proviso.
Lol, you are a cynic! He is usually fairly accurate, though. Anyway, if there are more DSLRs this year it would make good Ricoh's original statement (IIRC) that they needed around four different DSLRs in the market to put on a decent showing.
04-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
Do we have any chinese members that can verify the Google translation?
Not very accurate but not too far away from it's original meaning.
04-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #29
Veteran Member

I don't mind waiting for Pentax to take some time to get it right for a full frame. In doing so I hope that Pentax moves to be a leader in some new innovative areas rather than a follower offering a couple of unique tweaks compared to the competition. The comment regarding optimization of the K-mount is positive and means the K-mount is not being shelved as indicated by some of the posters in this forum.
04-24-2013, 08:06 AM - 14 Likes   #30
Veteran Member

Let me try to translate the last 3 questions (they are what we interested, right?)
edit: I will translate them all.
---------------------------------------------------------
Q:以复古造型和精致纯铜外壳为亮点的宾得MX-1已经上市2周时间了,请问这款机器现在的销量情况如何?
Q: Using retro styling and brass casing as selling points, PENTAX MX-1 has been in the market for 2 weeks, how is the sale?

A:虽然上市时间短,但经销商数量的增多,对于此款机型的销量起到了正面作用。所以,销量还是不错的。
A: Even though it's time on the market is still short, but the of increased retailers (distributors) gave a positive push to the sale of the camera. So, the sale is not bad.

Q:宾得MX-1采用1200万像素1/1.7英寸CMOS传感器,但近期理光发布了一款APS-C画幅的紧凑型专业数码相机。想问下宾得是否在未来也会发布一款类似MX1风格的机器?
Q: PENTAX MX-1 uses 12MP and 1/1.7" backlit CMOS sensor, but Ricoh released a APS-C sized compact camera recently (The GR). Would like to know if PENTAX will release a (APS-C sized) compact camera that styled like the MX-1?

A:由于产品线的不断调整,宾得对于APS-C尺寸的紧凑型专业相机正在计划之中。
A: The production line keeps adjusting (to the market), PENTAX is planning it's own APS-C sized compact camera.

Q:在微单相机这块,宾得曾发布过K-01,Q和Q10这类相机。而K-01附有艺术创意的外形也吸引了不少的目光。但由于上市价格过高,能接受的消费者并不多。而后K-01又经历了一次大幅度降价,但实际销量并没有明显提升。我想问宾得之所以停产宾得K-01是否因为它定价过高,销量不好才出此下策?
Q: In mirrorless segment, PENTAX has K-01, Q, and Q10. K-01 creative artistic styling captured quite some attention as well. But due to the high MSRP price, it is not widely received by consumers. Even after the huge price drop, the sale of the camera didn't improved significantly. I wonder if the reason why PENTAX discontinued K-01 because it's sale price is too high and the sale is not good?

A:恰恰相反,宾得K-01的销量很好,甚至供不应求。
A: It is just the opposite of what you said, K-01 sale is very good, we can't even produce enough to satisfy the market needs.

Q:宾得在微单相机这块有什么布局?
Q: What is the strategy for PENTAX on mirrorless camera segment?

A:微单相机已占领了一部分的市场份额,接下去我们会研发饼干镜头并开发和优化K卡口镜头来满足市场需要。
A: PENTAX mirrorless already occupy a portion of the market, we will continue to develop pencake lenses and create better K-mount lens to satisfy the market needs. (I refuse to use 'optimize' to translate "优化").

Q:宾得是否已在研发全画幅单反相机?
Q: Is PENTAX currently working on FF DSLR development?

A:2年前已有记者问过我关于全画幅单反相机的事情。我现在可以说,宾得的全画幅单反相机已在研发之中,并会是一款与众不同的全画幅。
A: A reporter asked me about FF DSLR two years ago as well. I can now say that PENTAX is currently developing a FF DSLR, and it will be a unique FF camera.

Q:宾得645D在专业领域的市场份额是否有收到来自尼康D800高像素全幅单反的冲击?
Q: In professional segment, did high pixel count Nikon D800 affect the sale of the PENTAX 645D?

A:宾得645D是一款定位非常明确的机器,它针对专业人群而设计。尼康D800高像素单反相机则没有明确的定位,对于宾得645D的冲击并不大。
A: PENTAX 645D targets towards a specific market, it targets professionals. On the other hand, Nikon D800 doesn't have a clear market placement, thus the effect is minor.

** content in () is something I added from the way they talk, to complete the sentence. **
-----------------------------------------

Last edited by LFLee; 04-24-2013 at 09:21 AM.