Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
it will be a unique FF camera
I've been wondering about this... the thing is, I don't have any need for a unique camera. I just want the thing to work, so that I can take photos. Maybe I am an exception to the rule, but I don't care about the "uniqueness" of the tools I use while shooting.

04-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #32

Hi Pentax Folks,

can anybody some saying about the compatibility between the old K-mount-Bajonett and a future FF-mount-Bajonett how the K3 ?

I read these Day in the web that they are not compatible.

regards peer
04-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peer Quote
Hi Pentax Folks,

can anybody some saying about the compatibility between the old K-mount-Bajonett and a future FF-mount-Bajonett how the K3 ?

regards peer
The K-mount bayonet is a full frame bayonet since K mount film SLRs were full frame, obviously.

As for the bayonet of the "in development" Pentax full frame DSLR, there is no clue about it but also no reason to think it would differ from (current) K mount.
04-24-2013, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
I've been wondering about this... the thing is, I don't have any need for a unique camera. I just want the thing to work, so that I can take photos. Maybe I am an exception to the rule, but I don't care about the "uniqueness" of the tools I use while shooting.
It's going to be unique because it's going to be the first ever FF camera which only exists on paper....

Sorry if I sound bitter. It's just that Pentax has had us waiting for too long......

04-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I speculate an FF mirrorless in a K1000 body to go head to head with Fujifilm! Unique! But sadly just a dream...
04-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #36
Inactive Account

FF

Hey, you know I heard there was this guy who knows a guy with a pre-production model of the new Pentax FF DSLR. He says it should be here soon.
04-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The K-mount bayonet is a full frame bayonet since K mount film SLRs were full frame, obviously.

As for the bayonet of the "in development" Pentax full frame DSLR, there is no clue about it but also no reason to think it would differ from (current) K mount.
@Mistral75, Thx for your short words.. and i think on my Pentax ME Super ;-))

04-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #38
Inactive Account

Also I would really hope that it isn't small like the K-5, I preferred the K-20 because of the size and it was excellent to be able to put in the hand grip a battery, extra memory card, AND the wireless remote. I hate misplacing that stupid thing in my pocket.
04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #39
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by NicholasJong Quote
It's going to be unique because it's going to be the first ever FF camera which only exists on paper....

Sorry if I sound bitter. It's just that Pentax has had us waiting for too long......
I don't recall Pentax ever saying they were going to bring out a FF camera before. So I don't see how they could have made you waiting. It was your choice, right?
04-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #40
Dan
Pentaxian

Let me try to translate the last 3 questions (they are what we interested, right?)
edit: I will translate them all. ...

A: A reporter asked me about FF DSLR two years ago as well. I can now say that PENTAX is currently developing a FF DSLR, and it will be a unique FF camera.
Thanks for your improved translation. I am still left with a feeling of optimism. It looks like Pentax is pushing ahead with their development of a FF camera. I wouldn't expect it to be released this year, but next year might be a possibility.

Dan
04-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #41

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If they released a mx-1 styled aps-c fixed lens compact with a 35mm or 43mm lens on it and GR inspired customisation I'll buy as soon as its available.

04-24-2013, 09:53 AM - 2 Likes   #42

Overall this is good enough sign for me where I can trust in Ricoh/Pentax and unlike Olympus 4/3 firmly know that system is under active development (whatever may be the speed)

From my experience working as Acquisition Integration Lead, it takes time for mergers to be completed and start working as a cohesive new unit. From that prospective I see Ricoh/Prentax doing moderately well. After Ricoh came in, they stopped K-01 (which I believe was developed/into production just before acquisition), Ricoh GXR, fixed most of K-5 issues by releasing K-5 Mark II.

Now they seem to be openly talking about pancakes where PENTAX is domain expert and is also a K-system USP. Also talking about FF as a message to existing users to hold on to the system rather than switching. I think they are really doing good here in cryptic communication

Imagine a GXR style body accepting K-Mount limited and pancakes along with a APSC and full frame DSLRs using the same lenses. If Ricoh played it right, we can have single system for compact (Ricoh GR) to mirrorless to APSC/FF from single brand, all using same lenses.

I am just hoping that Ricoh doen't drop the ball somewhere in the middle
04-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Peer Quote
Hi Pentax Folks,

regards peer
There is nothing to say, nor is there any reason for concern; it appears you read some baseless speculation over the imaginary (April 1st) K-3 FF joke started by Adam, about one year ago.
04-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Q: In mirrorless segment, PENTAX has K-01, Q, and Q10. K-01 creative artistic styling captured quite some attention as well. But due to the high MSRP price, it is not widely received by consumers. Even after the huge price drop, the sale of the camera didn't improved significantly. I wonder if the reason why PENTAX discontinued K-01 because it's sale price is too high and the sale is not good?

A:恰恰相反,宾得K-01的销量很好,甚至供不应求。
A: It is just the opposite of what you said, K-01 sale is very good, we can't even produce enough to satisfy the market needs.
Thanks for the translation.

Re: Content of translation - anyone who says that the K-01 sold 'very good' can't really be trusted.
04-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Re: Content of translation - anyone who says that the K-01 sold 'very good' can't really be trusted.
I disagree. The interviewer made a presumption: "Even after the huge price drop, the sale of the camera didn't improve significantly."

And the given answer contradicted that. Sales certainly did improve significantly! The K-01 was #1 in mirrorless system cameras on Amazon for a while, probably a couple of weeks.

So I don't think there's anything substantive to be distrustful of, at least on that point.

Now this interview might be full of management sunshine-blowing in general, sure. But that's another issue.