Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I thought it might be about the Yellow K-30...

Never Take a Rain Check / Looking for an affordable DSLR to match your summer plans? Check out the YELLOW weather-sealed PENTAX K-30! $799.95

05-03-2013, 06:42 AM - 3 Likes   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
In 20 minutes I learned...

1) Linsay Lohan skipped Rehab (again).
2) As a fat woman, I can now buy bikinis from H&M (good for me since I fit that demographic)
3) A woman who didn't look in the mirror for a year now does.
4) Some guy who is a host got an award.
5) Jennifer Aniston has cheat days.
This bothers me. I cannot express the personal level of absolute disdain and the ensuing vitriol that arises when contemplating how this could in any way, shape, or form, be considered entertaining or worse, "newsworthy" and informative to the denizens of the greatest country in the world [sic].

America, please stop making me ashamed of you.

QuoteQuote:

Then the Pentax Optios were shown, dropped, and quickly taken off camera so the Laptops could be shown.

I think I heard "Pentax" once, maybe twice. I did hear "lifeproof".

I sooooooo want to strangle someone over at Pentax.

I wonder if they get up in the morning, look in the mirror while putting on their bikinis and say to themselves. "Ya know, I work for a camera company, but I have no idea what makes a photographer...as they take a selfie of said bikini in mirror and post on Instagram.
And to add a cherry on top, the link to Pentax's offering from the "Best Deal Ever!" page is broken. The page seems to be working now.

-Heie

Last edited by Heie; 05-03-2013 at 07:03 AM.
05-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #48
Pentaxian

although for $200 with free shipping, it comes with an 8 GB Kingston SD card and Pentax camera case and a 2-year warranty. Not bad at all. I was already considering this camera for the newly discounted price of $247 at B&H and Adorama; this is a better deal...
05-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #49
Pentaxian

See, this is why I haven't watched T.V. in almost a decade. Do people really pay $100+ a month to watch this stuff?

05-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
See, this is why I haven't watched T.V. in almost a decade. Do people really pay $100+ a month to watch this stuff?
No. GMA is part of broadcast TV hell...

Cable TV might even be worse.
05-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #51
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
So Phoenix Arizona does not have free OTA HD TV reception ? Walmart has 32" HDTVs for $189 and Digital Flat Amplified Antenna for $19.
05-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #52
Administrator
Site Webmaster

So it's $199 after rebate, but can anyone tell me where they got the $438 price from? The camera sells for $299 MSRP (now 249), the case is around $20, the warranty is around $20, and the card is around $10.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So it's $199 after rebate, but can anyone tell me where they got the $438 price from? The camera sells for $299 MSRP (now 249), the case is around $20, the warranty is around $20, and the card is around $10.
It was advertised on day time TV. Why do you think the price needs to have any association with reality? If you really want an answer, how about: "they made it up"?
05-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #54
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
It was advertised on day time TV. Why do you think the price needs to have any association with reality? If you really want an answer, how about: "they made it up"?
Fair enough. Also, on the product page it says "ships within 1 business day" and below that it says "usually takes 1-2 weeks to ship". FFS, they need to stop having errors like these on their pages.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well the WG3 is 300€ in Europe (350 with GPS) so 250US$ sound about right (considering they want price parity between Europe and US, it seems).
05-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well the WG3 is 300€ in Europe (350 with GPS) so 250US$ sound about right (considering they want price parity between Europe and US, it seems).
300 EUR minus VAT is 240 EUR which is 312 USD, just to add currency value to the equation ;-)
05-03-2013, 10:01 AM - 2 Likes   #57
Veteran Member

On the Mother's Day page linked above, I love the description of the WG-3...

QuoteQuote:
WG-3 GPS

Built for Mom's Adventures.

The rugged WG-3 is waterproof up to 45 feet and shockproof from drops up to 6 feet. ...
What in the world are people planning to do to Mom on Mother's Day?!
05-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #58
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
300 EUR minus VAT is 240 EUR which is 312 USD, just to add currency value to the equation ;-)
Ouch.. right
05-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #59
Veteran Member

According to the PentaxWebstore, the deal has sold out.

Thought this would have been a good deal, considering it came with the extended warranty, memory card and case too. Moreover, my spouse seemed to hint it would be an acceptable Mother's Day git.

Anyway, kudos to Pentax USA for actually running a marketing campaign. Either it was successful because a ton of units were sold, or they didn't have enough available, or a combination of the two. Maybe they are just trying to create the impression that the camera is very rare -- which is true anyhow, being a Pentax product.

What will they come up with next?
05-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
Either it was successful because a ton of units were sold, or they didn't have enough available,
They might have set aside a certain number to be sold at that price. Or it might have been wildly successful, (for a given definition of wildly).

I bought one, not 100% sure why but I have been looking at the WG series for a long time, mostly for underwater or at least in the water shots. Just never thought I would use it enough to justify it. Anyway, one is on the way so we will see how the followup is.